Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
swordiris
Serious_Much
Gaxe
FruitPunchNinja
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Jansports
DamageCK
ROOSTER330
ViralEnsign_
Tolvo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
WyrmHero
16 posters

DkS without PvP "techniques"

swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

DkS without PvP "techniques" - Page 2 Empty Re: DkS without PvP "techniques"

Post by swordiris Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:42 pm

Patches that should be implemented.

DWGR lowered to 25%
    DWGR I frames
    Chain BS
    effects on family masks not as strong.
    Nerf the amount of souls recieved from invaders if you have a buddy. (by an extreme amount where gankers aren't as motivated to do it.)
    DamageCK
    DamageCK
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DamageCK Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:46 pm

I agree with ONE DWGR nerf, but if you double nerf it like that it's useless.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:49 pm

No because I believe it was meant to be a cosmetic item only.

Just to make a character look cool with a roll animation. Some might prefer it to light roll still for roll BS's.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:49 pm

Yeah, it always struck me as a cosmetic item.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:55 pm

Also if they are patching they should improve the netcode too so parry times are closer to pve and fewer lagstabs. Or implement a system where you invade people with connections like yours.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:05 pm

When we getting DLC by the way?
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:08 pm

I don’t know.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:15 pm

Later this year.

Sometime from September to December.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:42 pm

@op I would be most unhappy with the removal of some of the techniques. They are an apt substitute for not being able to fight as one truly would, pushing, punching, tripping, and feinting their way to victory in some cases. Its not a perfect substitute, but untill technology takes a big step forward, its all we got.

Its the same principle as cover systems in 3rd person shooters. One doesn't need a cover system to take cover, but the system adds to what you can do with said cover.
    RailBladerX
    Casual
    Casual

Post by RailBladerX Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:32 pm

well one of the major issues that was addressed and what got Froms software to make another game was a out cry to fix backstabs (make them harder to get off) so hopefully in the DLC/PC edition it will get fixed.

DLC was said to come out in early october.
    RailBladerX
    Casual
    Casual

Post by RailBladerX Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:28 pm

Gaxe wrote:In my opinion here's the things that need to be patched.

• Chain BS
    • Roll BS
    • Perm Stunlock
    • They need to make Spell Canceling easier to do.
    • They need to make BS do less damage so BS fishers wouldn't be tempted to BS 24/7
    • The whole switching items menu (D-Pad) This is what causes spell swapping and Dragon Glitch
    • DWGR <- 30% instead of <- 50%
    • Increase Ultra GS damage a tad
    • Dead Angles
    • Lower damage of BKGA
    • Fix range of WotG
    • Cap Divine Blessings at 10
    • Will edit when I can think of more

perma stun lock? (coming from a player that knows how to get out of stunlocks) this is fine, this forces you to lrn how to do the stun lock trick, which generally gets you out of the second hit.

Dead angles??? wat!!!! ok guy.. dead angles are a show of skill and you can counter them just as easily as they can get them off.

And O..M..G.. A DKGA nerf? Really? ITS NOT THAT GOOD! as a strength build you can use the great club and do more dmg with far less stats (and use buffs)... and get better dead angle attacks.... you gimp the dmg anymore and BKGA will be more useless then it is allready. (its a pub stomping weapon nothing more) also really easy to backstab BKGA users... (was gona edit this to be nicer.. but noo.. ppl need to stop hating this weapon.)

Again as someone who has been playing this game like a legit fighting game I decline these fixes.. the rest yea go for it.

only thing i want is:

1.) back stab angels to be shortened (making them harder to get off) and the dmg reduced.. put in a 2 second invincibility window after being backstabbed to remove backstab chaining.

2.) make the DWGR only work at 25% weight.

3.) add more variety of strength weapons since there are only 3 viable weapons choices.

Edie note: edited to be nicer..... i apologize.... gota love the Ms's right?

Last edited by RailBladerX on Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:48 pm; edited 4 times in total
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:37 pm

DkS without PvP "techniques" - Page 2 2707236321
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:39 pm

Disagreeing is one thing, but there is no need to be insulting.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:55 pm

hmm I loved the "Cap Divine Blessings at 10"

this is currently my main trouble in PVP
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:56 pm

Yeah, that's a pretty fair one I'd say.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:58 pm

I find it interesting that Almost unanimously toggle escapes have been accepted, but as I thought spell swap is pushing too far,

As most may notice I'm much newer to dark souls pvp then probably all of you so I have tentative opinions at best, and any questioning I do is genuinely because I am interested in how the community views things. And I appreciate how readily the community will share it's opinions and reasoning.

Though I do not currently see as large a gap as I imagine Damage, Fruit and Tolvo express between the benefit of being able to toggle parry various weapons and having access to buffs you can't normally cast, I imagine as I gain experience it will become more apparent as rarely are there multiple viewpoint that are well supported by reason that end up being inunderstandable.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:59 pm

If they were to limit them, why not just remove them? I never got the point of them being in the game anyways. From had to of known there was a chance people would find a glitch to dupe them.....Seriously who ever even used them before? I just put mine in my bb, and forgot about them.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:06 pm

When your main form of PvP is fighting against three guys with Ultra Greatswords at once, you get very appreciative of Toggle Escape, even with 100 Poise I wouldn't be able to take two hits and survive.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 10:24 am