Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

NG enemy dmg and hp vs souls

potatoatak

NG enemy dmg and hp vs souls Empty NG enemy dmg and hp vs souls

Post by potatoatak Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:46 pm

I remember from Demon's Souls the more NGs you went through the easier the game got. Not necessarily easier, but the amount of souls you collected eventually outweighed the amount of damage and health the enemies have. So for those of you who are past NG+++ (my farthest NG), can you tell a difference between damage and souls? Does it just keep getting harder or eventually plateau?
    Heroez Blade
    Heroez Blade
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

NG enemy dmg and hp vs souls Empty Re: NG enemy dmg and hp vs souls

Post by Heroez Blade Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:34 pm

I am curently on my 4th playthrough and i have only noticed a difference in soul amount. Maybe thats because i always use strong weapons and kill most things in 1-2 hits.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:19 pm

Diminishing returns on stats are much more severe in Dark Souls. With the right stats (40-50 Vit, 40+ End, 40 Dex, 40 Str, 45 Int, 30/50 Fth, however much Att you want) you can make a SL200-250 character that will be about 90% the strength of a 712 character. So as you progress in NGs, no matter how many souls you get and how much you level up, you won't be getting much stronger. That means the game does get "harder"* with each NG.

*I wouldn't say it gets harder because of familiarity and skill, which are crucial in Dark Souls and make the game very manageable no matter what NG you're on. As you get better at the game, and you know what to expect around every corner, then the game doesn't really get harder. But enemies, in relation to your character, will become stronger with each NG.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:09 pm