Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
ICEFANG
User
Shkar
DoughGuy
Tolvo
9 posters

Who is the Duke of Hazard?

skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Who is the Duke of Hazard? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is the Duke of Hazard?

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:37 am

Tolvo, first off I also don't think the building was intended for Seath originally. Or if it was then it was for more than just Seath. You've answered your own biggest question actually in this thread. Why music? The only place with confirmed working music is the lab. I see the stands you're taking about etc but they're also commonly used to read or lecture (maybe channel from?). Music is a powerful way to condition someone. Makes sense for an experimenter to have it around. Not only the creepy punishment music but maybe he had nice stuff for rewards.

There's also the possibility that the building was made entirely with Seath in mind. What does he need? A room at the top to hang out and receive channeled information. A laboratory. Check and check. A home? He had a nice cave. So why the rest of the building? Would Seath be a popular choice for Duke.....I doubt it. Place a normal building in front of his real home. Nice start to camouflage. Then add a fairly normal human sized library. Suddenly it doesn't look like a dragon is the duke at all. Add a figurehead Duke and the masses love it. If Smough was kept away from knighthood because of his actions it stands to reason Seath would have had to be on the down low too.

So who would make a good figurehead Duke? I would pick someone wise, and adventurous. A real world ruler kind of guy. Someone you could trust around a crystal too....
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:38 am

Yeah, that does make quite a bit of sense there then.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:40 am

Tolvo wrote:https://youtu.be/f2z_cbgu6bQ

Four minutes in. So Acidic, when looking up Dark Souls Lore how often do you do research of Nigera's Actor's and their family history? How often do you collect records to play back, thinking they might tell you the secrets hidden within?

Hm, the wording of that DOES imply that it was immediate or thereabouts after he turned on them. Still, perhaps he was searching for other magical "devices" in the world. Humanity searched for El Dorado, the fountain of youth, and Atlantis throughout history, perhaps they have some kind of similar place in Lordran.
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:47 am

Even the tiniest of things, even if they seem off place, can help many things for many purposes. I would expect you to have learned that for you search for Dark Souls Lore, seeing as many things that are tiny will be at times out of place. It's there for a reason, and I an sure the music that seems to tie to the flawed experiments is the same reason why he made the Moonlight Butterflies.

In a world of Disparity and Chaos, a man of power will do anything to arm themself to countrer the hardships and obtain the reward. With a lack of a Lord, the Dule would do his part to claim a crown, yes?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:50 am

Indeed, though Skare summed it up pretty well for me with a bit more reasoning in regards to the architecture, that was the biggest part that was bugging me. In every other area things seem to make sense, other than that the gods should be taller than the doors to their rooms. But that one, I chock up more to they didn't realize it at the time.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:36 am

Tolvo wrote:But music? What interest does Seath have in music, geography, history, It's not just a few things, pretty much everything in the archives has nothing to do with magic, outside of what is in chests, and the books Logan reads.
    I can answer music easily. If I am completely blind, I live in a world of sound. SOund is my pleasure, how I relax and dictates what I do. To Seath sound would be everything .

Geography. Well I've always believed he's not just happy with immortality, he want to rule. From there it is obvious.
    History as above. Gwyn killed all the dragons once. Seath is just one dragon. He could learn a few pointers from last time.
    Eolan
    Eolan
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Eolan Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:04 am

Considering its meaning as a collection of historical records would you guys say the archives are the "annals" referred to re god of war?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:56 pm

It's possible, or they were held there.
    TheLolrider
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheLolrider Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:35 pm

I think Skare touched on this a bit, but there's a chance that the building wasn't built for Seath. The Archives are a store of information, and we know that Seath wasn't always insane, so we can assume that people would come to the Archives if they needed to learn something or needed to do research or whatever.

Someone called it a library, and I think that's hitting the nail on the head. Seath is considered the grandfather of magic, so obviously he either knew magic before hand, or he developed magic at some point. He would probably recorded this somehow, and he did so in a way that humans could access. Who's to say that he didn't study other matters as well. I doubt he was always as obsessed with the crystal as he is when we kill him.

So, tl;dr, Seath was the Duke of the Archives, but the Archives weren't completely built for him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:24 am