Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
RANT
RandelOolacile
Rin
fujiphoenix
Rudmed
GoMan519
10 posters

Need Your Recommendation!

GoMan519
    GoMan519

Need Your Recommendation! Empty Need Your Recommendation!

Post by GoMan519 Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:48 am

I'm a level 36 Pyromancer focused on STR/DEX build. I'm about to enter Blighttown Swamps and I'm curious what you guys think would be the best sword/greatsword/katana to go ahead and level up to +5, +10, enchant, etc.

So far what I was thinking...

Trade a bunch of moss to the Snuggy in the Northern Undead Asylum to get Twinkling titanite in order to level up the Black Knight Sword to +5 since once I get STR to 40 (currently at 32) I could do roughly 500 dmg.

Was also considering leveling up the Uchigatana or Iiato because the bleeding dmg is great, plus I've heard some people talking about enchanting it with an element make them pretty badass.

Anyway, those are just some of my ideas but wanted to hear what your thoughts are or what you've had experience with. Thanks! Shrug
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Need Your Recommendation! Empty Re: Need Your Recommendation!

Post by Rudmed Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:59 am

GoMan519 wrote:I'm a level 36 Pyromancer focused on STR/DEX build. I'm about to enter Blighttown Swamps and I'm curious what you guys think would be the best sword/greatsword/katana to go ahead and level up to +5, +10, enchant, etc.

Trade a bunch of moss to the Snuggy in the Northern Undead Asylum to get Twinkling titanite in order to level up the Black Knight Sword to +5 since once I get STR to 40 (currently at 32) I could do roughly 500 dmg.

Was also considering leveling up the Uchigatana or Iiato because the bleeding dmg is great, plus I've heard some people talking about enchanting it with an element make them pretty badass.

Anyway, those are just some of my ideas but wanted to hear what your thoughts are or what you've had experience with. Thanks! Need Your Recommendation! 3358384175

Pretty sure the bleeding damage, and the fact you can enchant all katana's (to my knowledge) is the same across the board. So if you want to use the washing pole, which ought to scale the best due to your build go ahead.

Though having Sephiroth's katana can block your view a little bit, and the difference in the attack rating from the Uchigatana is like 6 points? It does however provide range and reach over the others.

I think the selling point is going to be what works with your equip load because the washing pole is heavier than the others. Atleast, that is my 2 cents.
    GoMan519
    GoMan519

Post by GoMan519 Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:10 am

Rudmed wrote:
    GoMan519 wrote:I'm a level 36 Pyromancer focused on STR/DEX build. I'm about to enter Blighttown Swamps and I'm curious what you guys think would be the best sword/greatsword/katana to go ahead and level up to +5, +10, enchant, etc.

Anyway, those are just some of my ideas but wanted to hear what your thoughts are or what you've had experience with. Thanks! Need Your Recommendation! 3358384175

Pretty sure the bleeding damage, and the fact you can enchant all katana's (to my knowledge) is the same across the board. So if you want to use the washing pole, which ought to scale the best due to your build go ahead.

Though having Sephiroth's katana can block your view a little bit, and the difference in the attack rating from the Uchigatana is like 6 points? It does however provide range and reach over the others.

I think the selling point is going to be what works with your equip load because the washing pole is heavier than the others. Atleast, that is my 2 cents.

Awesome that's very helpful. Hadn't considered the washing pole too much because I don't currently have it in my inventory and was not sure if It was anywhere near me atm, but I see now that I'm somewhat close to getting it. Washing Pole shouldnt hinder my equip load too bad so It's definitely worth looking into. Thanks.

Anybody else want to chime in?
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:48 am

Didn't they fix the Snugly glitch in the last patch?
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:12 am

yeh but you can still get like 5 from him right...
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:34 pm

There are a couple factors to be considered. The biggest one is if you're going to pvp and then how high you intend to take your sl. If you stay relatively low, in the 50s or so, and its mainly for pve you could go with a lightning washing pole. Its weight is exactly the same as black knight sword so you don't have to modify your armor set from what you're used to, it'll swing much faster than black knight sword AND you have nifty bleed damage, not too shabby! I suggest lightning cause more mobs and bosses are weak to lightning, but some of the toughest are weak to fire. Gwyn and Ornstein in particular are strong to lightning. Keep this in mind. big grin

If you intend to go higher level, 120 or so, and go more pvp I would suggest a 40/40 (dex/str) stat allocation and going with a +15 washing pole cause its buffable in its standard form.

Try not to be turned off by the AR difference. Black Knight Sword AR (40/40) = 512, Washing Pole AR (40/40) = 426, but since its buffable you'll be hitting harder and faster. big grin
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:51 pm

one word, Murakumo. you can thank me later. keep str at 28 and 40 dex.iif you two hand your weapons with 27 str its the same ar as 40 str.
    GoMan519
    GoMan519

Post by GoMan519 Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:56 am

Rin wrote:yeh but you can still get like 5 from him right...

So wait the max amount of the same item I'd be able to get from Snuggy is 5?
    GoMan519
    GoMan519

Post by GoMan519 Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:58 am

MudoRH wrote:There are a couple factors to be considered. The biggest one is if you're going to pvp and then how high you intend to take your sl. If you stay relatively low, in the 50s or so, and its mainly for pve you could go with a lightning washing pole. Its weight is exactly the same as black knight sword so you don't have to modify your armor set from what you're used to, it'll swing much faster than black knight sword AND you have nifty bleed damage, not too shabby! I suggest lightning cause more mobs and bosses are weak to lightning, but some of the toughest are weak to fire. Gwyn and Ornstein in particular are strong to lightning. Keep this in mind. big grin

If you intend to go higher level, 120 or so, and go more pvp I would suggest a 40/40 (dex/str) stat allocation and going with a +15 washing pole cause its buffable in its standard form.

Try not to be turned off by the AR difference. Black Knight Sword AR (40/40) = 512, Washing Pole AR (40/40) = 426, but since its buffable you'll be hitting harder and faster. big grin

Wow awesome this was extremely helpful thanks a lot man! I've only really thought about PVE but I'm sure I'll eventually want to get into PVP for sure so I'll def be looking into doing the 40/40 dex/str build. Thanks!
    GoMan519
    GoMan519

Post by GoMan519 Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:59 am

RantFromRant wrote:one word, Murakumo. you can thank me later. keep str at 28 and 40 dex.iif you two hand your weapons with 27 str its the same ar as 40 str.

Hmm okay thanks, looks like I'll be hunting some skeletons to try and get it so I can check it out.
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Location : Heading through The Giant's Forrest which on the other side lies The Cave of No Return which holds The Armor of Invincibility...

Post by Leeroy_Jenkins Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:28 am

GoMan519 wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:one word, Murakumo. you can thank me later. keep str at 28 and 40 dex.iif you two hand your weapons with 27 str its the same ar as 40 str.

Hmm okay thanks, looks like I'll be hunting some skeletons to try and get it so I can check it out.
    I dont think skelitons drop it sry.
    Bloodios
    Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodios Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:58 am

Leeroy_Jenkins wrote:I dont think skeletons drop it sry.
    Small ones? No. Giant ones? Yes.
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:58 pm

Bloodios wrote:

Yeah, I've had the giant by the binoculars drop it twice in a row! I never knew they dropped them, silly.

You're more than welcome, GoMan519! I hope you enjoy the katanas if that's the path you choose cause they're tops in my eyes. Rant is right, though. Murakumo is a pretty devastating weapon too! big grin If I can help with anything else I will! big grin Oh and welcome to the forums!
    GoMan519
    GoMan519

Post by GoMan519 Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:58 pm

MudoRH wrote:
    Bloodios wrote:

Yeah, I've had the giant by the binoculars drop it twice in a row! I never knew they dropped them, silly.

You're more than welcome, GoMan519! I hope you enjoy the katanas if that's the path you choose cause they're tops in my eyes. Rant is right, though. Murakumo is a pretty devastating weapon too! big grin If I can help with anything else I will! big grin Oh and welcome to the forums!

Thanks! You guys have been extremely helpful and I really appreciate the insight. Haven't played since I first posted the question, so its time to get a few more hours in big grin Joy
    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:35 am

After finishing Blightown, Sens Fortress' Snake Serpents will drop their swords which are really good STR weapons and upgraded to +15 can be buffable as well!

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Man-Serpent+Greatsword

and wont cost you a thing happy 20 000 souls at this point is quite expensive.. it might take a while to farm, but it will be well worth it in the end!
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Leeroy_Jenkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Location : Heading through The Giant's Forrest which on the other side lies The Cave of No Return which holds The Armor of Invincibility...

Post by Leeroy_Jenkins Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:37 am

Bloodios wrote:
    I didn't know that I feel dumb know.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:40 am

Raikan007 wrote:After finishing Blightown, Sens Fortress' Snake Serpents will drop their swords which are really good STR weapons and upgraded to +15 can be buffable as well!

and wont cost you a thing happy 20 000 souls at this point is quite expensive.. it might take a while to farm, but it will be well worth it in the end!

MSGS is a great str based weapon, but you'll **** your pants against undead dogs using it(Trust me, I know from experience, and I want to murder those things). I think your best bet atm would be the washing pole, but in the future you may want to have some fun with black knight great sword/halberd. winking Just save those til after you've completed ng with your pole.
    Raikan007
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Raikan007 Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:23 am

Myztyrio wrote:
    Raikan007 wrote:After finishing Blightown, Sens Fortress' Snake Serpents will drop their swords which are really good STR weapons and upgraded to +15 can be buffable as well!

MSGS is a great str based weapon, but you'll **** your pants against undead dogs using it(Trust me, I know from experience, and I want to murder those things). I think your best bet atm would be the washing pole, but in the future you may want to have some fun with black knight great sword/halberd. winking Just save those til after you've completed ng with your pole.

lol at your pole silly
    GoMan519
    GoMan519

Post by GoMan519 Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:58 pm

Nice! Will check it out. Grassy-@$$!
    GoMan519
    GoMan519

Post by GoMan519 Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:01 pm

Myztyrio wrote:

Cool beans. Thanks big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 8:45 am