Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Forum Pirate
ICEFANG
befowler
bloodpixel
Spurgun
Federally
10 posters

So I parried a Dragon Roar, will it work on WoG too?

Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

So I parried a Dragon Roar, will it work on WoG too? Empty So I parried a Dragon Roar, will it work on WoG too?

Post by Federally Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:18 am

So long story short I was fighting a dragon and during a blind parry attempt I accidentally parried his Dragon Roar. The result was I stood there, did the parry animation and the roar had no affect on me. Which gave me a chance to land a free hit on him.

So thie leads me to believe you may be able to parry WoG and force. Anyone tried? Anyone wanna test it?
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

So I parried a Dragon Roar, will it work on WoG too? Empty Re: So I parried a Dragon Roar, will it work on WoG too?

Post by Spurgun Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:20 am

Yes. You can also parry WoG. It´s near impossible to do it purposely though.
    You can even parry CSS. I you stand next to them when thy cast it.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

So I parried a Dragon Roar, will it work on WoG too? Empty Re: So I parried a Dragon Roar, will it work on WoG too?

Post by Federally Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:34 am

This pleases me
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:23 am

I'm pretty sure you can parry all offensive spells.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:43 am

Yes, you can parry them, and it is implemented/intentional because you usually see a slight glow on the edge of your shield if you do it correctly. But it is so hard as to be effectively random, particularly with pvp lag. The best way to play around with it is to try it on Force with a sparring buddy.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:44 am

My mind has now exploded. I don't know if that's cool and good enough for me too look past the extreme fallacy in realism. I think that's so cool though, I may have to try that on WotG spammers, I feel it would be easier to do than with weapons, I dunno, I feel like spells are much easier to dodge and work around than melee attacks, except WotG, which can be spammed like crazy. I like this find, or at least this telling everyone about it, thank you! +1
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:01 am

Np. If you want to learn it get someone to spam force at you as befowler said. I'd start out hitting parry right as the cast starts.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:06 am

Ummmm, roll bs much? If you're consistently parrying wog, surely you can just bs punish the sucker.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:11 am

That statement is illogical, if you are consistently parrying it, then you want to keep parrying it because a riposte does more damage than a backstab.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:17 am

Two things,

@Forum with all the guys doing the cast cancel glitch roll bsing WoG is becoming dangerous. Parrying the blast is safe, if you can actually do it regularly.

@Icefang confusion. The successful parry doesn't setup a riposte, it saves you from the effect of the spell and gives you opportunity for a counter attack.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:30 am

I don't see trying to parry wog as any safer than trying a roll bs. In either case you're risking counter damage, but the iframes of the roll will completely negate the damage, and I'd guess the parry window is shorter than the iframe length, though it would need to be tested. The bs would also hurt more than a regular counter swing, rewarding you for your punish more generously.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:01 pm

I don't see much point in parrying a spell since you will take chip damage anyways and it is easier and more effective to try to roll BS punish.

That statement is illogical, if you are consistently parrying it, then
    you want to keep parrying it because a riposte does more damage than a
    backstab.
    Wait, I though you could only partial parry magic and not perform a full out parry.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:21 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:I don't see trying to parry wog as any safer than trying a roll bs. In either case you're risking counter damage, but the iframes of the roll will completely negate the damage, and I'd guess the parry window is shorter than the iframe length, though it would need to be tested. The bs would also hurt more than a regular counter swing, rewarding you for your punish more generously.

You try and roll BS a spell cancel? It gets you BS'd, I've gone for the "easy" punish of a tempest cast or WoG and the spell cancel glitch let's them fake you out and "punish" you.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:07 pm

Its a risk. You try to punish the cast, you risk it being a fake. If you're trying to parry magic, I see it just as likely you get hit either way.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:55 pm

WOW! Yeah, now my head is swimming...not so much about WoTG but GC. I always tell myself "hey stupid, you can't parry fire" after a GC attempt. If you CAN, this changes things completely!
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:39 pm

Usually GC is my response to a parry spammer, but in that case I'm choosing the timing. I wonder if you can parry GC
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:41 pm

Trust me, if i wasn't at work now i'd be testing this!
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:47 pm

Well you may get to it before me, if so let us know the results.
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:50 pm

Probably won't get a chance to until tomorrow but I will...
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:40 pm

You can parry GC. I often parry it when someone with 45 dex trys to punish a parry attempt. Usually if it happens, you would have missed the parry anyways. It tends to happen to me when its someone with a slow weapon like an UGS has a pyro glove in off hand. Cause the timing is kinda close. Its not something i would go trying to implement into your play style. You're are going to have a lot of noobish looking losses if you try parrying GC or CSS.
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:30 pm

Off topic: ok so I was pvping in the burg like usual. Another invader was about to duel the host (they weren't dueling yet) they both wave to me and then the other invader comes up to me and bows. While he was bowing the host ran up and BSs him almost killing him. I was so enraged at that that I straight up ran to the host and chain stabbed him 3 times. Afterwards I felt kind of guilty but I think I did the right thing. What do you guys think I should of done?
    Phoenix Rising
    Phoenix Rising
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Phoenix Rising Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:49 pm

Gaxe wrote:Off topic: ok so I was pvping in the burg like usual. Another invader was about to duel the host (they weren't dueling yet) they both wave to me and then the other invader comes up to me and bows. While he was bowing the host ran up and BSs him almost killing him. I was so enraged at that that I straight up ran to the host and chain stabbed him 3 times. Afterwards I felt kind of guilty but I think I did the right thing. What do you guys think I should of done?

Personally I would back off, let the phantom heal and let them duel...the host should have been a bit more subtle to let the invader know he wanted to fight...like kick him or something.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:48 pm

Um bad spot to ask that question. It is totally irrelevant to my thread.
    Gaxe
    Gaxe
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Gaxe Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:25 pm

Federally wrote:Um bad spot to ask that question. It is totally irrelevant to my thread.

Which is why i put off topic silly But I just didn't want to create a whole new thread just to get a simple answer lol.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:01 am

Yeah putting off topic doesn't make it less annoying

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:22 am