Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Pennder
TangerineDream
Serious_Much
befowler
Doelker
lextune
ViralEnsign_
reim0027
Forum Pirate
Slarg232
passivefamiliar
FruitPunchNinja
User
Tolvo
Rudmed
Baiulus
Phoenix Rising
RANT
Jester's Tears
23 posters

The Sign of douchbags

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

The Sign of douchbags - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sign of douchbags

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:13 am

Control pad.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:14 am

Ah.........
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:06 am

[quote="Forum Pirate"]
    RantFromRant wrote:Full giants does not a prick make. This is exactly the attitude, taken a short step further, that promotes real life predjudice and segregation.

Prejudice. Segregation. Just a short step from hating Dark Souls trolls....Don't let it happen to you kids.

Join the Darkmoons

.....do you hear what you write some times? Lol.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:12 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote: and destroy that gawd awful mask of the father..... maybe the mother too but thats only because the child mask is the only one that looks all that cool.

Shows the diversity of opinions I guess, since I think Mom looks fine, kind of freaky in an awesome way. And I think Dad looks fricken sweet, in a crazy, "I'm staring at you! Lets fight!" kind of way. And that the child mask looks utterly ridiculous. I can't stand how it is askew....

....go figure.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:18 am

You misinterpret me, I believe. Its hating people, based on appearance. Assuming negative things about people based on appearance, digital or otherwise, is predjudice. Predjudice is a short step from segregation.

I was saying nothing about him, only that he is in possession of a dangerous attitude and its a slippery slope
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:30 am

Guys... It's dark souls not soul calibur.... So every piece of gear was created thinking in the game as it is and not for PvP.
    That is why if the Giants armor is one of the best a lot of peple is going to use it. The masks as well so is hard to find real original builds while pvping.
    I don't use those armors or masks and I am not good at pvp at all so When I try it to get some souvenirs or hunting in the forest just for some fun I know I am in disadvantage...
    But hey... At least I'm trying to have some fun.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:46 am

Could make overall encumbrance have a small but measurable negative effect on base weapon speeds for most weapons. Look at someone wearing havel's armor and particularly the gauntlets -- I don't care how strong/durable you are, you'll be swinging those arms slower than someone wearing a t-shirt. This would give a slight advantage to the lighter armored folks even if the tanks still get to flip around. From sorta tried to do this in a roundabout way via stamina recovery penalties according to some of the heavy armor descs, but as a practical matter I don't see much difference.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:03 am

STR requirements for armor. If you can't swing a 6 unit claymore, you can't swing anything in 11.5 unit gauntlets, then kill the beiber ring (which I'm against in most cases{against killing it not against it}) and tweak the weight system, and cap max equipment burden at 140 units. Now str gets heavy armor or weapons but lacks mobility, dex is generally light but mobile.

For fantasy fixes anyways, I don't see this happening.

Last edited by Forum Pirate on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:33 am

Why is it called the Beiber Ring?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:34 am

Slarg232 wrote:Why is it called the Beiber Ring?

Because it's undeservedly popular. lol!

(well the ring does deserve it's popularity, I just wanted to rip it out of the baby face little **** happy )
    TangerineDream

Post by TangerineDream Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:22 pm

If we took out of Dark Souls everything that people complained about we would all be fighting naked with a shotel.

Whatever dodgy tactics/setups other players use there are usually counter tactics to use against them. A mark of a great player is overcoming these and triumphing.

I love the way the game is now, no changes required.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:18 pm

TangerineDream wrote:If we took out of Dark Souls everything that people complained about we would all be fighting naked with a shotel.

Whatever dodgy tactics/setups other players use there are usually counter tactics to use against them. A mark of a great player is overcoming these and triumphing.

Yes, the counter to DWGR is TWoP. And we all know how that turned out when people cried about not being able to move....
    TangerineDream

Post by TangerineDream Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:36 pm

Slarg232 wrote:
    TangerineDream wrote:If we took out of Dark Souls everything that people complained about we would all be fighting naked with a shotel.

Yes, the counter to DWGR is TWoP. And we all know how that turned out when people cried about not being able to move....

Of course and the counter to TWOP is a double handed stunlocking greatsword. big grin
    Pennder
    Pennder
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Pennder Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:41 pm

I use the DWGR, and I hate it. I feel I have to use it. No matter what kind of character I have, I find that anything less than a fast roll gets me backstabbed constantly. With fast roll or flip, I can stay away from BS fishers pretty well. So then, I'm choosing between 0 poise fast roll, low poise fast roll with Havel, or decent poise fast roll with DWGR. I would use Havel instead, I really want to, but I can't justify giving up 10 pounds of gear just to use a roll that isn't quite as good as the one I can get, 10 pounds heavier, with DWGR.
    I don't like it, but I feel I have to do this just to stay mobile enough to avoid Hornet BS.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:59 pm

I wear Giant armor with orenstien chest plate and it looks sexy gives 75 poise and i med roll with it.

ohh and the ring slots are either hornets (with the dark sword) or fog or dragon cresent or silver serpent and a red tear stone one. and thats it. I dont use the hornets often though cause im horibble at parries.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:51 pm

I completely agree that people complain too much about things in dark souls. My only complaint is the DWGR though, its the only thing in the game that i feel warrants the complaining.
    RagingDragon_69
    RagingDragon_69
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RagingDragon_69 Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:54 pm

Nothing in this game really needs to be complained about....

It is a PVE game that they added PVP too. Everything was put in because it is useful in PVE.

Backstab window is larger than in Demon's - So it is easier to Backstab in PVE and make it easier for people who are just getting into the souls series, this unfortunately leads to the abuse we see in PVP.

DWGR was added to increase movement and make heavy armor viable which makes PVE easier - Again it is overly useful in PVE and that translates to PVP.

FROM has said it a million times they focus on the PVE aspect. We are the ones that have turned it into a PVP game. They feel it was a complete game on release, the only thing we will see are small patches to hopefully remove some of the glitches and fix summoning/invading.

Back to OP: I also use giants because I actually like the looks of it and the defence is ridiculous. Everyone has different tastes and you can't hate on someone based on thier armor choice. It is a game! People should use what they like and have fun doing it. It is not the gear that makes a douchebag.

Even if FROM were to remove everything that people complain about, douchebags would still find a way to be douchebags... And people would still find stuff to complain about....
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:02 pm

"DWGR was added to incease movement in heavy armor and make it easier
    during PVE - Again it is overly useful in PVE and that translates to
    PVP."

That's a problem, in my opinion. Also i don't know why people act like the pvp is some none thought out tacked on feature. Fromsoft takes pride in seamlessly implementing multiplayer into a full single player experience. DWGR is easy mode, and seeing as Dark Souls is supposed to be all about difficulty it should not be in the game in my opinion. I know lots of other players agree.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:18 pm

I go for fast roll every time for my Dex or mobility builds, but for my tanks, I go for fastroll every time.
    (Me? Have a tank build? hahah 20 Vit ftw!)
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:38 pm

If they nerfed Iron Flesh because it was too good in PvE, then it would be logical to nerf or even remove the DWGR, which, when added, is a lot like Iron Flesh but with handsprings instead of walking.

Why did they nerf TWOP if the game is PvE only? I'm pretty sure that wasn't considered even good against most enemies...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:14 am