Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Onion Knight
Green__Eagle
barrywilkins
DMC
SlakeMoth
XKnightArtoriasX
Tolvo
passivefamiliar
RandelOolacile
DoughGuy
Repto
15 posters

Another idea about killing the Stone Dragon at Ash Lake

Repto
    Repto
    Casual
    Casual

Another idea about killing the Stone Dragon at Ash Lake Empty Another idea about killing the Stone Dragon at Ash Lake

Post by Repto Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:09 am

Hi, I'm new to the forums and thought I would share some of my own ideas on killing the Stone Dragon so a full no-bonfire run can be completed.

First you should read through this topic by ajdaman64, as I think his ideas are really good and could be key to defeating it.

I watched the opening cinematic and I think I have something to add on to the theory of using lightning, fire poison and magic attacks. The line "With the strength of Lords, they challenged the dragons" is very interesting. I think that to kill the dragon, the player needs to have Seath's, Nito's, The Four King's and the Bed of Chaos' Lord Souls in their inventory, maybe even Gwyn's too. They would then have the "Strength of Lords".

On top, of this, the player may need to use the Lord's own armour and weapons when attacking, or ones related to them. My guess would be:
    • Lightning - Sunlight Talisman (Gwyn is the former Lord of Sunlight)

• Fire - Fully ascended Pyromancy Flame (ascended by a daughter of the Witch of Izalith)

• Poison/toxic - Gravelord Sword (Nito's own weapon)

• Magic/Dragon - Izalith Catalyst (Even though this is related to the witch and not Seath), Tin Crystallization Catalyst (Used by Logan after his fixation on Seath) or most likely Moonlight Greatsword (dragon based weapon and acquired by cutting off Seath's tail)

My theory is that if we attack it using these weapons and ajdaman64's spells and other ideas, then we could finally kill the Stone Dragon

I think that's everything, so if anyone would be willing to try any of this out, please do, and post your results here. Do you guys think I could be on to something here or just another dead end?

Edit: Hopefully made things a little clearer.

Last edited by Repto on Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Another idea about killing the Stone Dragon at Ash Lake Empty Re: Another idea about killing the Stone Dragon at Ash Lake

Post by DoughGuy Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:45 am

All the lord attacks have been used against it in a row. Nothing happens.
    Repto
    Repto
    Casual
    Casual

Another idea about killing the Stone Dragon at Ash Lake Empty Re: Another idea about killing the Stone Dragon at Ash Lake

Post by Repto Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:06 am

But did they use specific lord or lord related weapons to do the attacks?
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:42 am

WyrmHero helped me build a paladin so I've got a fresh character with which to try this. Are you saying we need all of these weapons to attack the dragon or just one type?
    Repto
    Repto
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Repto Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:52 am

I think it would be best to try them all if possible, because maybe the dragon can only be killed if certain spells/attacks/weapons are used in the right order, but even if you only try a few it could still lead to something.
    RandelOolacile
    RandelOolacile
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RandelOolacile Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:57 am

Yeah, I think with this build I won't be able to do the magic route. My stat allocation is optimized without intelligence. Look Skyward
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:58 am

Ok...what about summoning help? Maybe a cosplay with a few phantoms would give all the options needed (theorized) and use them at the same time. Im game to try sometime. Not sure if you can even get summons there though..... Bow
    Repto
    Repto
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Repto Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:02 pm

RandelOolacile wrote:Yeah, I think with this build I won't be able to do the magic route. My stat allocation is optimized without intelligence. Look Skyward

Oh well, thanks for trying though.

The idea about phantoms is nice, passivefamiliar. As you said, you probably won't be able to summon phantoms there since there is no boss, but if you can, maybe that could be the key to it.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:43 pm

You can't summon phantoms there, I've also used the GLS on it before, nothing happened.
    Repto
    Repto
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Repto Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:20 pm

Looks like I read Randel's first question wrong or misunderstood it and I don't think I gave a clear answer, so hopefully this should make more sense now.

My theory is that we need to use lightning, fire poison/toxic and magic/dragon based attacks to kill the Stone Dragon, with all the lord souls in our inventory, just like what ajdaman64 said. The difference in mine is that as well as using certain spells/pyromancies/miracles, we need to use certain weapons to do it. eg. a Sunlight Talisman for the lightning attack, not just any talisman. I wasn't sure about Seath so I included a few different ideas there for people to try out, and you can try some other things related to Seath too if you can think of any.
    XKnightArtoriasX
    XKnightArtoriasX

Post by XKnightArtoriasX Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:54 am

It's true you can't summon at ash lake but you can summon at the swamps, did anyone try summoning at the swamps before killing the witch and then go to ash lake?
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:25 am

Why do people still obsess about killing the Dragon at Ash Lake? I can only assume it's because it's there. I don't know enough about the lore of Dark Souls to extrapolate on the matter but I think it's kind of sad that people feel the need to try. After all the poor thing isn't doing any harm, unlike the drakes in the eponymous valley or the Hellkite but that's human nature I suppose. Anything you don't understand you feel honour bound to poke with a stick.
    DMC
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DMC Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:41 am

Are people spending hours of their lives trying to 'kill' something in a video game that you cannot, by virtue of the programming, actually kill?

:face:
    barrywilkins
    barrywilkins
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by barrywilkins Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:10 am

my theory is: if it bleeds, you can kill it. and seeing as i whacked the durned thing for 20 mins with an uchigatana and it didn't bleed, you canr kill it.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:30 am

But Dragon on a Stick tastes GOOD! And look! There's a handy bonfire on the beach!
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:39 am

It can't die. Like the crow and the serpents. People need to stop going all pendant over every little detail. Also thread necromancy. That is all.
    VinheimProfessor
    VinheimProfessor
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by VinheimProfessor Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:55 am

Not to be a killjoy, but I think it's time to accept that the developers either abandoned what their initial vision for that era would be or never intended for the Dragon to be killable in the first place.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:00 pm

Green__Eagle wrote:But Dragon on a Stick tastes GOOD! And look! There's a handy bonfire on the beach!

Roast Eagle on a stick is pretty tasty too, so long as you remember to pluck the feathers off first. lol
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:06 pm

Is the Everlasting Dragon still alive?

Hold on, let me check.

Yup, he's still alive. :dragon-stone:
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:26 pm

Has anyone trying to kill this dragon ever considered that the "everlasting" part of it's name could imply immortality (as in unable to be killed and in some cases unable to age). I doubt that there is any way to kill it, especially since it does not become aggressive.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:45 pm

why doesn't some one on the PC just make a hack that does 100000000000000 billion damage and kill the dragon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 3:05 pm