Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Weapon scaling

Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Weapon scaling Empty Weapon scaling

Post by Shakie666 Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:49 pm

Is it just me, or is stat scaling (not counting humanity) far worse in dark souls than demon's souls? The weapon that springs to mind is the greatsword of artorias, which has C-C-B-B scaling, yet only does 720 damage with 99 strength, faith, intelligence and faith. Pretty good, but hardly the 777 damage you can get from a lightning greataxe with only the minimum stat requirements. By contrast, in demon's soul, a dragon bone smasher had just a B scaling in strength, but it dealt out 560 damage with 99 strength (bearing in mind that enemies seemed to have less health than in dark souls in my experience). Not only that, but a northern regalia could dish out 540 damage when all you needed was pure black/white character tendency. Incidentally, that was why meat cleaver builds where so good. Granted, it has S-S-A scaling, but the base damage was terrible. Please, share your thoughts.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Weapon scaling Empty Re: Weapon scaling

Post by Carphil Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:59 pm

Oh right, and how the GS of artorias does 557 per hit in my sl 237 character? I think you are missing something.
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:08 pm

Maybe, i mean i'm just quoting calculated figures for the greatsword of artorias, but i've got a lvl 204 toon with 50 strength , 40 dexterity, 50 faith and i can't remember intelligence (though its fairly high). It does next-to-no damage for me, especially since most enemies have far higher resistance to magic than lightning (apart from the crystal guys in the duke's archives, for which fire/chaos weapons are the way to go). Anyway, my point still stands: stat scaling was way better in demon's souls.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:10 pm

Yes in fact weapon in Demon's was better but also with full upgraded weapons and high stats PVE was a joke. At least in dark souls you still will have a chalenge.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:21 pm

yea once you got the best equipment in Demons souls it was way to easy
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:26 pm

I've seen a video where a guy with Power Within, and the dragon body at capped level did a riposte (can't remember if hornets was used) for 8k.

I tend to use it alot and average 600-800 damage and backstabs of 1k

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:19 pm