Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Tolvo
bloodpixel
6 posters

No clue if this has been posted yet but gameplay

bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

No clue if this has been posted yet but gameplay Empty No clue if this has been posted yet but gameplay

Post by bloodpixel Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:16 am

http://au.gamespot.com/dark-souls-prepare-to-die-edition/videos/dark-souls-old-demo-doesnt-work-please-disregard-6391011/
    Holy crap Artorias is badass.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

No clue if this has been posted yet but gameplay Empty Re: No clue if this has been posted yet but gameplay

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:10 am

I haven't seen it, very great find!
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

No clue if this has been posted yet but gameplay Empty Re: No clue if this has been posted yet but gameplay

Post by Juutas Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:30 am

This is already two times at forum, but the youtube version of this video was made private so this is helpful : ) and yeah.... Artorias <3
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:32 am

I really like the look of the fight, as the guy said it reminds me of Gwyn. But not in a bad way, there are aspects of Gwyn's fight I really like, and if Artorias is hitting hard enough on a toon with 50 vitality, and breaking a +15 Balder Shield's guard in one hit despite them having 50 endurance, I'm going to love this fight. While it will be an unpopular opinion, it also reminds me of WoW in regards to the goop on the ground. I just hope that if I do Co-Op, people know to not stand in the fire haha.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:43 am

We just have to hope that Artorias can't be parryed, or it will be all Gwyn again. I wonder if players are able to use their left arm when using artorias armor, probably will because there's the Artorias shield, but still a cool idea.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:44 am

See I always find it amusing that when I do co-op for Gwyn, players always get confused when I parry him. But I just assume each time its that person's first playthrough. Still, so many claim the fight is easy but I see a lot of people who struggle with him whenever I play.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:48 am

Tolvo wrote:See I always find it amusing that when I do co-op for Gwyn, players always get confused when I parry him. But I just assume each time its that person's first playthrough. Still, so many claim the fight is easy but I see a lot of people who struggle with him whenever I play.

The fight is actually pretty challenging if you are at reasonable lvl and don't parry him.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:50 am

Not with a spear haha. But yeah, I like to fight him while fat rolling to challenge myself more, of course during Co-Op I use a CMW spear but if my host isn't fighting him I make my host fight him. I actually really like the fight, but I just think people give it a bit too much crap sometimes.

Even if you can parry Artorias, I just hope he is harder to parry. He seems even faster and more aggressive than Gwyn, as well with the stuff on the ground you'll need to pay attention to your footing more. So far it looks like a fun fight, though I'm wondering who the mystery boss is still.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:55 am

Yeah my head is filled with possibilities who the last boss could be, since I assumed without a doubt that Artorias would be the last boss...god this waiting is driving me insane!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:57 am

My only complaint is the cut scene, it just seems a bit unnecessary. I would have rather it been that you enter the room and he just appears, or there is no cutscene. I think it would actually be cool for a stealth start to a boss fight, no cut scene. When you enter the area after like ten seconds, Artorias runs in charging you. On your first playthrough, that would be *** awesome. Out of nowhere you get thrown into this fight when you were wondering if it would be like Sif. Maybe a little throwback to Sif in a sense, at Artorias' grave.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:03 am

Yeah, the first time I encountered Gwyn it was great when there was no cutscene just epic music and imminent death in few seconds : )
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:05 am

I do kind of wish he didn't make those noises, I don't know they just seem really weird and detracting from the fight. Heavy inhuman breathing or just a silent monster is one thing, but Artorias Roaring just comes off a bit goofy to me. It's a very minor thing though.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:10 am

Did you see that move Artorias did when the dude died? Why the hell did they not give us that move set?
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:11 am

I think that epic flip attack would be too awesome to be in the hands of players.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:12 am

We aren't to be trusted with such power, we couldn't handle the responsibility. I'd just invade people in Smough's and attack barrels with it while toxining myself. No man should have to go through the horror of seeing that.
    Garl_Vinland
    Garl_Vinland
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Garl_Vinland Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:29 pm

Aside from Artorias, I really want to see if we can get our hands on the sweep kick move from the E3 trailer. I Wonder what Hawkeye Gough is like as well and hope he can provide some answers for us about the four knights.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:32 pm

It is highly likely that we can get our hands on the item (probably ring) that changes the kick animation to sweepkick. One could go full ninja with sweepkick + DWGR!
    Garl_Vinland
    Garl_Vinland
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Garl_Vinland Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:33 pm

I dunno if that excites me or scares me. Just think, flipping, break dancing, Smoughs... *shudders*
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:04 pm

Yeah the DWGR should be fixed first of course...
    BishopHavel
    BishopHavel
    Regular
    Regular

Post by BishopHavel Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:47 pm

I hope that there will be a patch that comes along with the DLC, fixing the pendant and of course the DWGR. I really cant wait for that gamescom trailer they are talking about. I hope it will come out as soon as gamescom starts.

By the way, the opening of Artorias boss battle music is like Sif's theme isn't it?
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:09 pm

Too much awesome! Gaaah!
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:54 pm

On another note, Artorias seemed sort of sad before that dark crap started surrounding him. Or maybe it's just me.
    Garl_Vinland
    Garl_Vinland
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Garl_Vinland Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:47 am

Is it just me, or did Artorias's non sword arm seem to be broken. Dunno if he just lets it flop or if it has anything to do with the story.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:03 am

It sort of looked like he tried to say something before that weird dark crap took him over.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 am