Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
callipygias
Azran
ARSP
Razorame
philtitan
9 posters

SL10 helper build

philtitan
    philtitan
    Casual
    Casual

SL10 helper build - Page 2 Empty Re: SL10 helper build

Post by philtitan Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:15 am

Right on.

Also. Is it possible to have two flame hands? Seems so due to searches but they all say that Laurentius gives you another at firelink. He didn't offer me one. I was thinking of having one at +5 and one at +20...

EDIT

The 20 would be for me, the 5 for co-op.

Last edited by philtitan on Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarity)
    Bloodios
    Bloodios
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Bloodios Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:51 am

philtitan wrote: Is it possible to have two flame hands?
    Yes. Laurentius will give you a Pyromancy Flame if you aren't a pyromancer. After that, you can get an egg-head and talk to Eingyi and he will give you another one.
    philtitan
    philtitan
    Casual
    Casual

Post by philtitan Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:02 am

Dern. Have to trade I guess. Don't wanna beet spider chick. And I'm already pyro...sad
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:57 am

You should immediately tell by their gear. If they can't collect gear at this point, assume a griefer. Use your own lightning/fire weapons.

Also, I would drop +5 weapons that people normally don't use. Or chain armour suits.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:36 pm

Too bad. Hate to see yet another player out there giving out upgraded weapons. Of course the recipients are grateful, op, who wouldn't be? You just made a difficult game easier.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:45 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:You should immediately tell by their gear.

Mmm you need to be careful with this though. I was making my 30 gravelord for the depths and i ended up getting stuck in the catacombs really early and had to kill pinwheel. I also beat Quelaag while I was still level 11 and grabbed the gold hemmed set.

Point is i was running around the parish gravelording with a level 11 char with the mothers mask and gold hemmed chestpiece, elite knight gloves and leggings on.

Im sure to some I would have looked like a bb glitching griefer sad

Edit: Also btw, pinwheel is hard as *** if you fight him early on :|
    philtitan
    philtitan
    Casual
    Casual

Post by philtitan Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:29 am

Let me be clear. I am not doing my OG plan. I am only giving out stuff that shouldn't be impossible for low levelers. The most hoss thing I've given anyone is the Uchi +5(I was using that for me but found that I like the war pick) Also I really like the suggestion to give weird weapons. I was gonna do a bastard sword but it levels pretty high and is costly so I didn't because it seems like a dope thing to save for.

And honestly I have only had 3 people actually use the weapon I gave. Most like what they have. And I see a lot of folks with better weapons than I have.

The brunt of my offerings are 1 or 2 humanities, purple moss, a few t shards, a couple of souls of whichever poor bastards corpse draped over a bannister I have run across. And I only give out one thing per SINGLE host.

Have traded my buddy for a 2nd pyro glove that I'm gonna level as high as I can. This is for me when I'm doing runs and get invaded by a weirdo low level griefer(like the guy with the set of BK armor and and a BKGA that bowed at me before a duel then spammed me with lava when I bowed back.) But I won't use it on any invaders into a game that I am assisting with unless it is a REALLY obvious grief and they opt to fight me.)

I did commit a foul by murdering a guy that was 'trying to 'hurrah' He got in my face and I thought he was going for it. Oops.

And I have been party with an attempted ganker. Took me a second to figure what he was doing and when I wouldn't help he sent me home, just like the guy he sent home as I was showing up. I gave him 2 humanities and he grabbed them and didn't even stop to thank me. He began pointing at me and the ground like he wanted more. Nope.

The good exp outweigh the bad. A player that I teamed with to try and whip Havel was persistent and even though we had to try 5 times when we did it the player was jumping for joy...a lot. That makes me feel good.

I feel that I am not juking the game, I am staying low and letting folks do their thing. If they wanna do Havel then cool, if they don't cool. I try and let them do the thinking while I meatshield. And I am staying in the upper and lower Burgs. Just helping with that first boss(technically 2nd) battle in this new world. Though most seem pretty experienced.

EDIT

And I don't know how many tines I've killed that frikkin Taurus demon. At this point I try and hit him with mad poison arrows while he runs up the bridge. Have yet to poison him tho'.

Last edited by philtitan on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Addendum, just in case it was too short a post...:))
    philtitan
    philtitan
    Casual
    Casual

Post by philtitan Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:35 pm

Update if anyone cares.

I have been off Souls for a bit. Just got back on a couple of days ago. Totally forgot that I had ascended one of my gloves, thought I had a +1 and a +3 normal. Then I ascended the normal +3 to +15. Then realized my error. Now I have to get another damn glove and level it up to +3 as the damage is just to great to use my pyro in the burg. AND I lost 50 humanity and 60g worth of souls to those walking poo piles on the way into blight town, then fell off a ledge on the way back to get them.

But other than that it continues to be awesome. I'm at SL13 and rockin' a +7 warpick. I am really getting the art of gauging how much to contribute. I've seen another summon just dash through the level with some awesome weapon and kill everything before the host can get much of a swipe in. One guy killed the BK before we got to even see it! And a few guys just run up the bridge and wale on the Taurus demon before the host gets the fun of running for his life, burning *** up the ladder, and smashing down on the Demon with a mighty smite. That blows. So I have definitely learned a lot about the art of helping. And I have made a bunch of people happy judging by the thank you's I get.

One of the only truly frustrating things is trying to give some souls or a nice longsword/shield to a person who keeps running off without looking back to see me waving and pointing at the ground. Oh well, so it goes...
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:42 pm

Plus one. Another person that has some empathy to dark souls players.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:17 am