Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Seenblack
ARSP
Slarg232
ublug
IV_Mark_VI
SlakeMoth
Juutas
RandelOolacile
Pesth
reim0027
vageta31
15 posters

Expert's Guide to Parrying (video)

SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Expert's Guide to Parrying (video) - Page 2 Empty Re: Expert's Guide to Parrying (video)

Post by SlakeMoth Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:02 pm

After watching your video, I went out and tried parry/riposte on some low level hollows (well we all have to start somewhere) and I DID IT! I've never tried this before and it's amazingly satisfying. I already up-repped you but I want to say thank you for expanding my Dark Souls experience. Now for those nasty little crystal s.o.b.'s in the Archives.
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Expert's Guide to Parrying (video) - Page 2 Empty Re: Expert's Guide to Parrying (video)

Post by vageta31 Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:42 pm

Glad you got some use out of it Slake. Parrying is one of the funnest mechanics in the game once you get the hang of it, and the better you get at it the more fun it becomes.

Also FP, I did some preliminary testing last night using the 4 Kings method and it seemed to work fine. I'll double check with the lava later, but I think I've already got the most of what I needed. It seems every different roll, from the flip to the fat roll, all have different iFrames and obviously different recoveries. The good news is that medium and fat rolls definitely have iFrames, the bad news is their recovery is horrendous in comparison which we've all known already. The flip is ridiculous honestly. The amount of iFrames during the entire animation of the flip was surprising. I'll cover all that when I get the video finished.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:29 pm