Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

BKGA Build

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

BKGA Build Empty BKGA Build

Post by WyrmHero Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:55 am

The moment has come to try the BKGA for the first time!! Yes, believe it or not I haven't used the BKGA nor any kind of black knight weapon in all my DkS career. That makes me a DkS pro. silly

Armor: I choose the armor based on looks. I love to match red with black, so Crimson Robes and the black gaunts and legs for some poise. I equipped mom mask for the extra HP for RTSR. Should look nice with robe.

Weapons: All the BK weapons. Heavy crossbow to keep roll backstabbers and parry crazies at a distance. Lightning pike ready to menu swap for the annoying spears (although I would like a shield but BK shield is too damn heavy). Ascended pyro for pyros?

Spells: No 45 Dex requirement pyros.

Rings: RTSR activates at ~340 HP, could resist 1 more hit before dying. DWGR

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=3355179396941796
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

BKGA Build Empty Re: BKGA Build

Post by Rifter7 Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:05 pm

put havels legs and hands on if you can. theyll land you at 56 poise.

swap out combustion for poison mist. you're not going to be casting it fast enough.
    -use dung pies and poison throwing knives, you don't need the bow for this build.

if you replace the crossbow with a dark hand you'll have something to block stuff with.. you got enough stam to use it more than a bit.

swap out flash sweat for fire tempest. you'll get more use out of it with the mists.

i like the red tearstone ring... but you'll get godlike hp if you swap it out for a fap ring.. that or you can fit something small into your offhand like a rapier to run r1 out of the mists.. maybe even a grass crest shield on there which would be preferable to have on your back with the bkga.

that's all i really got to say. looks good either way.

just a side note, the mists can be used effectivley to setup certain attacks and to coat players with after you backstab/riposte them.

bah... just be careful with fire tempest in the mists tho if you use any of this. can't count how many times i've nailed someone with an arrow or css running around thinking they're safe in that thing.
    you could always drop 4 more points into int and have chameleon too (swapping out fire surge). it's a great spell in general, but if you broke the lock you could keep css and arrows from hitting you as you cast... usually.

okay last edit, your bkga will either make them back off or roll into you.
    if you can, get them to back off into a corner or a wall and then mist.. preferably outside of roll stab distance. run up and cast your chameleon and tempest, as theyll be spending their time trying to lock on to you. once they realize what's happening you don't want them to be able to back off, they can tell because the little circle takes a dip as u duck to cast. if they do get away you're still very punishable... it's just a one trick pony, so do it right if you can.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:27 pm

Sorry rif but I dislike Havel's leggings so although is pretty damn effective to just have the gaunts+legs+any robe is easy mode in terms of effectiveness. I thought GC was fast enough because I have a 14 Dex build who used it as back up and it was pretty damn effective (in duels btw). Also, I hate blocking with the Dark Hand because I lose the rhythm of the fight by the backing off very far animation that annoys me (as a very aggressive player). Anyway your strategy seems good but I find that Fire Tempest really needs the 45 Dex because its so slow.... Thanks for the suggestions anyway.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:29 pm

np, you gotta do what works for ya. i hate the darkhand too hahah. feels easier to parry with tho, idk why..
    SATLOS
    SATLOS
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by SATLOS Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:48 pm

Have fun with the BKGA! I too tried this recently and it's a very effective weapon.

If you play decent "footsies" and use the 2H R1 unpredictably, you'll kill most full Giant/MoM flipping fools with about 3 swings.

The 1H R1 is also great against groups (though not twice in a row!). BKGA staggers with the best of the UGS.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:22 am