Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Gazman0169
Kirk-Barb
Frostacar
Slarg232
IV_Mark_VI
Anonymous Proxy
russiannightmare
isthefridge
Juutas
barrywilkins
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Fotitudo
WyrmHero
bloodpixel
Shkar
cloudyeki
Tolvo
Noob-of-Artorias
22 posters

Invent a New Pyromancy

Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Invent a New Pyromancy - Page 2 Empty Re: Invent a New Pyromancy

Post by Gazman0169 Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:16 pm

Montezuma's Revenge- It would have you doing a reverse bow to your opponent before releasing a fiery toxic burst from your nether regions! :affraid:
    Pesth
    Pesth
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pesth Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:31 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:Pyro Buff I would disagree with.

Magic/Faith buffs require stat investment. Pyromancy does not. By it's nature, it should be more limited. If you put some kind of stat requirement (resistance?) then I would agree with more powerful spells.

What I'd enjoy however, is a pyrobuff for a barefist. Lighting your hand on fire (or, perhaps, the pyromancy flame hand itself) and being able to use it as a weapon.

and i disagree with you big grin , for magic buffs you have magic weapon, greater magic weapon and crystal magic weapon, for pyro you could have a buff that scales with the level of your glove (it would be a amazing weapon for bb glitchers to grief) but it would be awesome to have some lava balde kind of buff lol!

and what i can think of new pyro spells it would be

immolation = aoe shield that hurts people close to you (like a lot of people already sad)

Charge = a spell that makes you run towards a enemy (only straight foward) to completely deplish their stamina bar

and a Shield buff (just like in dragons dogma) = you buff your shield with fire and everytime someone attacks your shield it starts to buff, after some hits the shield explodes doing alot of AoE damage twisted
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:37 pm

Final Combustion.

Ten seconds after casting it does a blast that deals 90% of your health in damage in a massive explosion around you, however doing so also lowers your health down to 10%. This coupled with RTSR, could be an amazing combo.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:41 pm

That's what I'm saying. How the PvP mechanic is geared, it's focused around your SL. People of about equal SL are assumed to be about equal power. Your defence is centered around your SL.

Pyromancy is a different mechanic; it does not require levelling. You could be SL1, or SL700, and your power of pyromancy could be the same. Therefore, weapon buffs around pyromancy don't make sense. Pyromancy is more limited of magic because it does not require SL to be effective. If you want the same spells, then I feel you need to have it fall into the same mechanic, which would be to scale with your SL.

If they did put in a weapon buff for pyromancy, I would expect it to be scaled on the glove, but even maxed to not do the same amount of damage.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:44 pm

I always thought it would be interesting if Pyromancy scaled off resistance. Sounds a bit weird, but hear me out. If you notice, pyromancy does inflict physical pain when cast. The Witches have burned hands, as well with the many explosions and great heat nearby, hurting yourself isn't difficult. So I always thought it would be cool if resistance was required for the more powerful Pyromancies, and that a higher resistance let you scale your flame higher.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:58 pm

Tolvo wrote:I always thought it would be interesting if Pyromancy scaled off resistance. Sounds a bit weird, but hear me out. If you notice, pyromancy does inflict physical pain when cast. The Witches have burned hands, as well with the many explosions and great heat nearby, hurting yourself isn't difficult. So I always thought it would be cool if resistance was required for the more powerful Pyromancies, and that a higher resistance let you scale your flame higher.

Would make sense; Resistance is pretty nill later on, and it's not like Faith or Int do anything OTHER than boost their respective spells, so yeah.
    zodi303

Post by zodi303 Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:18 am

Fire Beam: a spell that ejects a powerful straight shot of molten flame. It has a narrow hit radius but does massive damage if it hits its target. (like a laser shot)
    carlucio
    carlucio
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by carlucio Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:32 am

I want a firewall, so we put can more pressure on other players closing them on corners.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:35 am

A pyromancy that can ...... Damn Juutas you stole my idea....

i was thinking something like a fire lance or something! Short range, damaging, straight line /cone damage area!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:08 am

Someone mentioned Lava surge, similar to fire surge but leaving a trail of lava instead. With that idea, I propose it be release from the mouth. Animation like the Mist spells, but sort of like using the Dragon Head. You can move around vomiting a trail of lava. Think of it as a throwback to the Queelag fight.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:15 am