Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Jansports
User1
Elifia
IV_Mark_VI
callipygias
SlakeMoth
RNsunbro
11 posters

No-level question

sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

No-level question Empty No-level question

Post by sendicard Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:53 pm

(Xbox, in case it is important.)
    I am doing a no level up run with a hunter. It is my first time doing this and I was wondering if anyone had any tips. I was also wondering of the ring of favor and protection will actually be any use as I am not leveling up at all.

I have so far beaten the asylum boss, the torous(Totally spelled that wrong) demon, the moonlight butterfly, the gargoyles, and am working on the depths.

Light armored quick type character, any suggestions or tips would be of help. You know, must have items and such.

Last edited by sendicard on Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Used the wrong word for my meaning.)
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

No-level question Empty Re: No-level question

Post by RNsunbro Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:23 pm

Yes, I would say the RoFaP is pretty necessary. Doesn't hurt to have the Mask of the Mother either. I would probably recommend going to kill Pinwheel right away anyway so you can kindle bonfires which will help.
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:48 pm

Hmm, yes I just might do so. Well then I guess I can leave it on.... Alright then.
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:50 am

I am aware that multiplayer makes the enemies harder, I was wondering if it would be worth it to get another friend in on this. Would the difference in enemy power later on prove to be too much for a partner to be of use?

Edit: Ya! Beat the gaping dragon. Going to shoot through blighttown and then destroy pinwheel.

Might just rage quit blighttown though and just go kill pinwheel. This is hard...

Last edited by sendicard on Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : For sake of not posting a third message in a row.)
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:54 am

sendicard wrote:I am aware that multiplayer makes the enemies harder, I was wondering if it would be worth it to get another friend in on this. Would the difference in enemy power later on prove to be too much for a partner to be of use?

Edit: Ya! Beat the gaping dragon. Going to shoot through blighttown and then destroy pinwheel.

Might just rage quit blighttown though and just go kill pinwheel. This is hard...

Yeah I think having a friend help you would be a really good idea. I'd help you with my level 1 character that's in NG+ but he's *** stuck in upper blighttown because the game screwed me over (I was in lower blighttown about to fight Quelaag and I turned the game off and turned it back on and it put me at the entrance to upper blighttown with the door to the depths locked). Are you going through upper or lower blighttown? If you're in upper, I can put my summon sign down and help you.

Also what armor and equipment are you using?
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:14 am

I am at the first bonfire, (upper) getting my *** kicked around by those damn fire dogs. Far too small for the game to hit them with my light swings for some reason.

Equipment:
    Shortbow+1-I know it isn't exactly much use but eh, what the hell. It has gotten me out of tough situations so far.

Divine Longsword-Regular, haven't gotten around to grinding any more slimes yet to upgrade it. Thought it might be useful once I get to the catacombs. Might make it lightning or fire later on since I don't have to worry about scaling.

Knight Shield+5-I honestly like blocking. I do a lot of dodging at times but guarding makes the game easier when I can do it. The knight shield makes me able to block without damage and that is a boon.

Thief Mask+5-Light and I don't have anything better really. Good for poison resistance anyway.

Leather Armor+6
    Leather Gloves+3
    Leather Boots+3
    909 Large Arrows
    10 Estus Flasks+2-for this part of course, just kindled. Haven't gotten around to the catacombs yet.

Ring of Favor and Protection
    Poisonbite RIng

Same name on Xbox live, message me when your up to it.
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:18 am

sendicard wrote:I am at the first bonfire, (upper) getting my *** kicked around by those damn fire dogs. Far too small for the game to hit them with my light swings for some reason.

Equipment:
    Shortbow+1-I know it isn't exactly much use but eh, what the hell. It has gotten me out of tough situations so far.

Divine Longsword-Regular, haven't gotten around to grinding any more slimes yet to upgrade it. Thought it might be useful once I get to the catacombs. Might make it lightning or fire later on since I don't have to worry about scaling.

Knight Shield+5-I honestly like blocking. I do a lot of dodging at times but guarding makes the game easier when I can do it. The knight shield makes me able to block without damage and that is a boon.

Thief Mask+5-Light and I don't have anything better really. Good for poison resistance anyway.

Leather Armor+6
    Leather Gloves+3
    Leather Boots+3
    909 Large Arrows
    10 Estus Flasks+2-for this part of course, just kindled. Haven't gotten around to the catacombs yet.

Ring of Favor and Protection
    Poisonbite RIng

Same name on Xbox live, message me when your up to it.

I'm not on Xbox unfortunately. sad Did you start with the masterkey? I would definitely upgrade to an elemental weapon if you can. You can always go the fire route and upgrade to a +5 for now until you get the large flame ember.
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:44 am

RNsunbro wrote:
    I'm not on Xbox unfortunately. sad Did you start with the masterkey? I would definitely upgrade to an elemental weapon if you can. You can always go the fire route and upgrade to a +5 for now until you get the large flame ember.

Damn, whatever, I am doing fine on my own I guess. I can get a friend to join in on my quest tomorrow. He thought this game was hard, ha! I am going to enjoy this.

You know, I was thinking of going fire route. I however don't understand how to get to that blacksmith, I have tried landing on the ledges on the way down to him in that hole and I just keep sliding off of them to my death. A friend of mine did it but he doesn't remember how. However, I guess I can try and get them once I finish Blight Town.

Flame root permanent or flame then chaos?

Thanks for your help, and your intentions. cheers
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:57 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnAD14l6Db8 This video might help you out.

You could go chaos but for it to really be effective, you'd need 10 humanity on you at all times. I'd probably go with a fire +10.

It also looks like you can 2 hand the uchi and claymore which are great weapons. You can one hand the balder side sword. You have a lot of good options with weapons. Also you can use Quelaag's furysword once you get her boss soul and upgrade a curved sword to a +10 and then talk to the blacksmith in Anor Londo. Another badass weapon.
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:12 am

Sounds great. I thought I was stuck with weak weapons. Quelaag's furysword sounds like it will be very useful with time to come.

I actually do have upwards to 10 humanity at all times. I don't really die.... When I do die it is normally from carelessness and close to a bonfire so easy to regain. Currently have a good 13 on me. Randomly hit a wall though and ended up in a place called the "great hollow" though.. No idea what is down here but off I go in search of not crap items!

That video was very helpful, thanks. I will be sure to get that.

Not too mention it made me really want to put on some castlevania and go whip everything to death. Some serious skill shown in that video, well, confidence at least. Regardless that player has earned my gaming respect.

Last edited by sendicard on Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:16 am

sendicard wrote:Sounds great. I thought I was stuck with weak weapons. Quelaag's furysword sounds like it will be very useful with time to come.

I actually do have upwards to 10 humanity at all times. I don't really die.... When I do die it is normally from carelessness and close to a bonfire so easy to regain. Currently have a good 13 on me. Randomly hit a wall though and ended up in a place called the "great hollow" though.. No idea what is down here but off I go in search of not crap items!

Ok but be warned: do NOT rest at the bonfire at the end and make sure to bring a homeward bone with you. Otherwise you will be very VERY frustrated. The great hollow is a good place to get chunks for your weapons but you may actually want to go there later after you beat the boss in the Anor Londo (if not, just remember what I said about resting at that bonfire).
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:18 am

sendicard wrote:Sounds great. I thought I was stuck with weak weapons. Quelaag's furysword sounds like it will be very useful with time to come.

Also you can get the Uchi from the undead merchant in undead burg and the claymore from the bridge the Hellkite Wyvern is on, where the sunlight covenant is. You'll have to farm the balder knights in the undead parish for the balder side sword.
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:21 am

I know where to get those items, I just didn't realize I could use most of those at all at my non level stats.

Thanks though.

I will remember not to rest at that end bonfire. Actually fell off a cliff and killing basilisks to go get my humanity back. To think these weak enemies activated my instincts a week ago.
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:32 am

Also maybe get a longbow instead of a shortbow?
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:41 am

I was thinking. Don't remember where I got mine last time though.

Well, got my experience, traveled deeper and found a deathtrap called Ash Lake. Died instantly, came back and got my exp again. Thanks for the don't rest tip, helped me get the hell out of there very fast. I did see a glowing item before I left though, anything worth venturing down there again for?
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:59 am

...Got owned by Quelaag twice in a row now. Any tips because defensive doesn't seem to be working. Arrows are too slow, and I don't do any damage!
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:09 am

No, there really isn't much down there worth going for. You might want to check it out later when you have the lord vessel and can warp. Did you summon maneater Mildred for your fight with Quelaag?
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:09 am

sendicard wrote:...Got owned by Quelaag twice in a row now. Any tips because defensive doesn't seem to be working. Arrows are too slow, and I don't do any damage!

Are you still using the longsword? Do you have any gold pine resin?
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:25 am

sendicard wrote:...Got owned by Quelaag twice in a row now. Any tips because defensive doesn't seem to be working. Arrows are too slow, and I don't do any damage!

Summon Mildred (one of my favourite NPC's ) or would that make it too easy for you?
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:27 am

Might check it out later then.

I did summon Maneater the first try. The power difference that Quelaag gained was more than Maneater made up for.

I actually am still using the longsword, sadly it is still divine, and therefore would need to be de-modified to be able to use the resin. I have plenty of resin. I am right next to the shortcut up, should I go do that? Currently doing 30 damage per strike, how much of a difference do you think the resin will make?
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:32 am

Well what other weapons do you have? It'll be useful getting a weapon to a +5 or beyond and using resin.
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:50 am

I have the Drakesword, have to two hand it to use it though.

I can just go de-modify my longsword to +5 and then use the resin during my battle. I don't actually have any other weapons other than a battle axe that I have never used. I was thinking I might go hunt down that Balder side sword later and turn it into a flame weapon, keeping my longsword divine. Could always get it to +5, go kill quelaag with the resin and then go make it fire if you think that would work.
    RNsunbro
    RNsunbro
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by RNsunbro Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:55 am

Was the drakesword doing much damage to her?
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:05 am

I don't believe so but I can retry it, I will edit my post with the damage output of the quick slice, and the hard slice( because why not?)

Quick does about 85, hard about 120. I also realized I picked up a Falcion earlier in blight town that I can upgrade and turn lightning if you think that would be better.

Last edited by sendicard on Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Data collection)
    sendicard
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sendicard Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:21 am

Alright, drake sword on my non data collection try was enough for me to beat her with 6 flasks left over. (1 used to get to her... Damn poison.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:05 pm