Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Odinbear
Sentiel
Ghadis_God
Tomhet
Rarayn
callipygias
Uparkaam
Back Lot Basher
12 posters

What is ideal level for low-level coop?

Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

What is ideal level for low-level coop? Empty What is ideal level for low-level coop?

Post by Back Lot Basher Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:54 pm

What soul level would you stop at if you wanted to hit as much low level coop as possible in these areas: Burg, Parish, Lower Burg, Depths, and Blighttown. (basically, I'm wondering what a optimal median level would be for helping new players).

I was thinking somewhere around level 16-17, but maybe that's a bit too high. I figured most people have probably hit at least level 7 or 8 by the Parish, and are pushing betweeen 25 and 30 at Blighttown.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

What is ideal level for low-level coop? Empty Re: What is ideal level for low-level coop?

Post by Uparkaam Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:13 pm

20 is pretty good. I get lots of action in the Parish at that level.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

What is ideal level for low-level coop? Empty Re: What is ideal level for low-level coop?

Post by callipygias Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:16 pm

You want to be able to jump between those spots with the same character? If so, 18-20 would be best, probably. At 18 you could be summoned as low as sl 7 in the Burg, and it gets you near sl 30, for Blighttown.

Many players will be a little over 30 in Blighttown (especially those struggling), but 18ish is probably the best compromise.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:34 pm

Why would anyone summon anyone in the upper Burg? o.O
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:43 pm

Not sure if you're kidding, but I find it to be the only place in the game even busier than Anor Londo. Lots of people kindle that fire, and since they're human and know they'll be invaded by end-game gear they summon protection/meat shields. Some people want help getting one or both rings, too. And as always some people just want company.cheers
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:47 pm

Yeah, but I just don't get why anyone would want to go human there at all. I remember being terrified of going human back on my first character, and felt that I would be safer doing everything by myself as a hollow than as a human under constant threat of invasion from people who could kill me in one hit.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:57 pm

That's how I've always done it, too, but I'm glad others don't, because co-oping there can be really fun.

Sucks when fellow phantoms use their end-game gear though.
    Tomhet
    Tomhet
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tomhet Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:44 am

My SL 27 gets a lot of action in those areas. The only exception is of course the Taurus Demon, for that it's way too high.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:50 am

20 for Parish, 25 for Depths, 30 for Blighttown, 35-45 for Sens, 50-60 for AL, above 70 for everywhere else is a good rule. Anywhere from 40-70 will work in the Cats. DLC seems to be a 70+ level affair in general- Coop was fairly skint at SL55 there and my invasions were consistently getting high levels.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:11 am

Rarayn wrote:Yeah, but I just don't get why anyone would want to go human there at all. I remember being terrified of going human back on my first character, and felt that I would be safer doing everything by myself as a hollow than as a human under constant threat of invasion from people who could kill me in one hit.
    Some people can't stand to look like beef jerky and don't want to play offline.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:29 pm

Another thing you can do, op, for low level co-op, is O & S. SUPER fun, but you have to be patient. I'll put my sign down there with my sl 6 guy when I'm eating dinner, watching tv, cleaining the house pillaging, whatever. 30 minutes later I get summoned into some guy's NG++ challenge playthrough. I've had pretty good luck on PS3, not bad on Xbox, but zilch on pc.

Just a suggestion for when you don't really have time to play but can't quite give it up.

Last edited by callipygias on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : testocerone)
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:05 pm

callipygias wrote:Another thing you can do, op, for low level co-op, is O & S. SUPER fun, but you have to be patient. I'll put my sign down there with my sl 6 guy when I'm eating dinner, watching tv, cleaining the house, whatever. 30 minutes later I get summoned into some guy's NG++ challenge playthrough. I've had pretty good luck on PS3, not bad on Xbox, but zilch on pc.

Just a suggestion for when you don't really have time to play but can't quite give it up.

Warriors clean house?
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:25 pm

callipygias wrote:Another thing you can do, op, for low level co-op, is O & S. SUPER fun, but you have to be patient. I'll put my sign down there with my sl 6 guy when I'm eating dinner, watching tv, cleaining the house, whatever. 30 minutes later I get summoned into some guy's NG++ challenge playthrough. I've had pretty good luck on PS3, not bad on Xbox, but zilch on pc.

Good stuff. I've been summoned by an occasional high-NG player in the Parish, but never in O&S land. Sounds like you've been through the trenches. I absolutely love the coop in this game (bought it for both systems, like you). With the sequel announced, I'm guessing there will be a lot of people trying the game. I like the idea of being able to help them through some tough spots.

Thanks, everyone, for the input. Gives me a better idea of what level to target.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:12 pm

For those spots the best level would be 15-20
    Kuragari
    Kuragari
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kuragari Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:55 pm

i seen this thread today, actually started playing with my lvl 10, i've been summoned more doing this then i've ever been summoned lol
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:30 am

Odinbear wrote:

Warriors clean house?
    Haha, of course not, that was a typo! I corrected my post.
    Jenopowpow

Post by Jenopowpow Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:40 pm

I made a SL14 character just for that purpose, 240 hours of fun so far! I've been summoned many times to Taurus Demon, Capra Demon, Quelaag, Bell Gargoyle, Grey Wolf Sif, and Gaping Dragon. I've invaded Sen's Fortress many times but have not tried it co-op yet. Sith gives you 20k souls which is the most I've gotten so far from killing a boss as a phantom.
    Sith, Quelaag, and Gaping Dragon have longer wait times and I'd assume the same for Iron Golem at this level anyway. I think i'd get summoned to these bosses more often if I was on my SL25 or 35 characters but at the cost of getting less or no summons from earlier bosses. Thats not to say the wait time is long hah, in the past 40 minuets I've killed Quelaag 3 times and Sith once. PS3 North America

My level range for being summoned at SL14 is 3-25 according to a good post I found here just to give ya an idea. soulswiki.forumotion.com/t14670-all-of-the-exact-level-ranges-matchmaking-formulas-for-the-multiplayer-items
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:15 pm

Nobody remembers the guide sad

Anyway, if you're looking for level ranges, this is usually what I recommend to people, though it's kind of starting to get a little out of date in terms of level ranges, and could really use some looking at by any experienced co-op players.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:49 am