Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+47
Rifter7
Veradox
T-King-667
Anonymous Proxy
StockpileThomas
Xardas
L!ve
DxV04
XuitusTheGreat
Myztyrio
fujiphoenix
RANT
DancingFood
SnailsAndSlugs
Kiva the wanderer
FruitPunchNinja
Serious_Much
his1n-
Zaventem
ViralEnsign_
Luceid
Buggy Virus
Montante
ublug
OrnsteinBro
bloodpixel
ICEFANG
JoeBroski09
Seignar
nemesismonkey
dancash1808
Jansports
WyrmHero
Forum Pirate
Tolvo
dualcross
Fotitudo
callipygias
Pesth
Spurgun
Ser Isaac
dannyhugz
BackwardsBaboon
Wade_Wilson
befowler
Juutas
Revoltage
51 posters

PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS]

bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS] - Page 6 Empty Re: PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS]

Post by bloodpixel Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:55 pm

I'm now imagining hyper armor duels. That would be funny.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS] - Page 6 Empty Re: PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS]

Post by Juutas Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:59 pm

BackwardsBaboon wrote:I don't think the new warpable bonfires were really necessary. It almost seems like it'll feel like playing Skyrim or Fallout where you never have to walk ANYWHERE if you so choose! You can just fast travel everywhere! I think some areas, particularly TotG & Duke's, were MEANT to feel cut off from everywhere else.

I think the moment you get the ability to warp in Dark Souls the coolest and most useful shortcuts have already been shown to the player and everyone has got their fair share of running around in that point.
    Bonfire warp just makes the latter half of the game more smooth when it comes from moving from place A to place B.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:02 pm

THAT is exciting. No interrupting my swing now you claymore using weakling. Depending on how its done, beiber ring irritation may lessen considerably.

Now if every hit from a ug weapon stuns, not stun locks u (unless they're under 76 poise), just enough to interrupt whatever they're doing, I'll have no arguement at all. (to stop them poise stabbing, using a katana I can see it, but using a sword bigger than me its a bit off.)
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:29 pm

Now this may just because people aren't used to flipping with high poise, but I've been stun locking really easily with my Halberd, I hit and it seems to do a stagger (once again I'm not used to fighting non momtanks, and they aren't used to dying), but I hit someone with the Wolf Ring on and stunlocked them. I think they may have buffed the Halberd's poise damage, I will test if someone knows the normal requirement to ignore the first hit.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:30 pm

I could help you with testing different weapons once i get on.

I would love it if the halberd does more poise damage, it's awesome as it is. big grin
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:31 pm

I will be uploading our 200 duels silly we'll see if that Wolf Ring protects you ROAR

And we'll have to try real testing too haha
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:51 pm

But i wanted to upload them silly

I wont use wolf ring this time twisted
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:57 pm

its more logical that I upload, people would rather watch the winner PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS] - Page 6 2596258901

(Just in good fun happy)
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:59 pm

Haha. Wont it be bad for your channel if you lose all the time?

I need to watch your vids so that i can see how good you are silly
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:00 pm

Whoop his *** spur winking
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:02 pm

EDIT: To other users who DON'T want to see the new content, DO NOT WATCH MY CHANNEL

I've only uploaded 1.1 videos right now (one is uploading), but I've won my 3/3 (and one game crash for me on a 4th) PvP so far. You can watch them on the saved Twitch.tv, but I can't remember them all, you can see the most recent ~15 minutes I duel someone though.
    http://www.twitch.tv/ravenwolfstarcraft2/b/330040569

Try 1:22:00

Last edited by ICEFANG on Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:05 pm

Watching it right now.
    Almost 2 hours? looks like i'll be up all night silly
    BackwardsBaboon
    BackwardsBaboon
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BackwardsBaboon Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:06 pm

Juutas wrote:
    BackwardsBaboon wrote:I don't think the new warpable bonfires were really necessary. It almost seems like it'll feel like playing Skyrim or Fallout where you never have to walk ANYWHERE if you so choose! You can just fast travel everywhere! I think some areas, particularly TotG & Duke's, were MEANT to feel cut off from everywhere else.

I think the moment you get the ability to warp in Dark Souls the coolest and most useful shortcuts have already been shown to the player and everyone has got their fair share of running around in that point.
    Bonfire warp just makes the latter half of the game more smooth when it comes from moving from place A to place B.

I do see your point, and maybe it'll have us seeing a bit more action in some of the currently low-traffic areas (looking at you, TotG!)
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:08 pm

ICEFANG wrote:I've only uploaded 1.1 videos right now (one is uploading), but I've won my 3/3 (and one game crash for me on a 4th) PvP so far. You can watch them on the saved Twitch.tv, but I can't remember them all, you can see the most recent ~15 minutes I duel someone though.
    http://www.twitch.tv/ravenwolfstarcraft2/b/330040569

Try 1:22:00

Haha, you're there to reproduce? silly
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:10 pm

I never wanted to kill that boss, I wanted to kill all that oppose him, and we should stop talking about this here, as its a no spoil zone happy
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:15 pm

Yeah, we should stop talking about it. It looks really hard though.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:38 pm

So far it seems that deflection actually matters in PvP now. So smaller weapons will have to be careful against shields.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:40 pm

Looks like great shields will be more viable then.

This doesn't make my coming duels with ICE any easier silly
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:42 pm

Tolvo wrote:So far it seems that deflection actually matters in PvP now. So smaller weapons will have to be careful against shields.
    I was watching a pvp video where that happened. I've never seen deflection happen in pvp before so that must be a new thing. The only times I've seen shield deflection were in pve.

So do you think it only depends on the weapon you're using? Or maybe the type of shield has to do with it too....

I swear, every time there's new info many more questions pop up! Look Skyward
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:01 pm

Alright if you want a good idea, test weapons on a Silver knight. See what their shield deflects.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:04 pm

But do it on a player using a SK shields silly
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:06 pm

I mean for those of us without the PTDE and a gaming PC.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:35 pm

Any news on chain backstab?
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:27 pm

Nothing on that yet. I kinda doubt it has changed but hopefully someone will test chain BS's out. What's really been bothering me is whether any BS mechanics have changed at all, besides the decreased damage.
    Luceid

Post by Luceid Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:40 pm

I made an account just to post this change because I'm really surprised no has caught it yet (or if it has been noticed and not updated to the main post sorry).

While attacking with spears with a shield up, the stamina cost appears to be 150% of normal. Attacking with a shield down has not been changed at all.

I usually did all play throughs relying on lightning spear turtling. So with the addition of the elemental nerf, I had to completely relearn how to play. It was quite a fun experience!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:08 am