Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+47
Rifter7
Veradox
T-King-667
Anonymous Proxy
StockpileThomas
Xardas
L!ve
DxV04
XuitusTheGreat
Myztyrio
fujiphoenix
RANT
DancingFood
SnailsAndSlugs
Kiva the wanderer
FruitPunchNinja
Serious_Much
his1n-
Zaventem
ViralEnsign_
Luceid
Buggy Virus
Montante
ublug
OrnsteinBro
bloodpixel
ICEFANG
JoeBroski09
Seignar
nemesismonkey
dancash1808
Jansports
WyrmHero
Forum Pirate
Tolvo
dualcross
Fotitudo
callipygias
Pesth
Spurgun
Ser Isaac
dannyhugz
BackwardsBaboon
Wade_Wilson
befowler
Juutas
Revoltage
51 posters

PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS]

SnailsAndSlugs
    SnailsAndSlugs
    Casual
    Casual

PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS] - Page 10 Empty Re: PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS]

Post by SnailsAndSlugs Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:34 pm

Juutas wrote:
    SnailsAndSlugs wrote:A lot has been added to the master list!

...but still no mention of the fixed Pendant item description? :x. Come on guys! That was like the first thing I checked.

Find out what pendant does and you'll have the full attention of everyone big grin

It's worth noting on the master list (miscellaneous) that the item description was fixed. It now says "A simple pendant with no effect. Even so, pleasant memories are crucial to survival on arduous journeys." ...as opposed to having the sunlight medal description like before.
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS] - Page 10 Empty Re: PTD Fixes/Nerfs/Etc... [NO LORE SPOILERS]

Post by Revoltage Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:58 pm

So just to make sure I understand correctly, the Dragon Roar doesn't stagger people through their shields unless it's a small shield???

THAT'S POOP.

Also, someone mentioned the resistance stat. Does it increase all defenses consistently now? Can someone explain to me how it changed?

EDIT: added the new pendant description to the list under "misc".

Last edited by Ziggurat91 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:00 pm

Yes it is poop.

When I leveled my RES at level 99, first it gave a bonus to all stats but a couple of +1, then the next level gave them all a total of +2, something like that. Easy test, just get a character up to level 99, have them have 11 RES, and then look at upgrading RES twice, if it doesn't increase like this, then at least they did something.
    Montante
    Montante
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Montante Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:19 pm

You can now use Magic Shield and Strong Magic Shield on the Dark Hand. It will allow it to absorb 100% of all damage instead of 80%, but the stability is still poor.
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:22 pm

Montante wrote:You can now use Magic Shield and Strong Magic Shield on the Dark Hand. It will allow it to absorb 100% of all damage instead of 80%, but the stability is still poor.
    Noted! I'll add that to the list, very much appreciated happy

I wonder how it looks, does it look like a blue swirly thing? lol...
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:22 pm

you could always do that montante. Not many people seem to know about it though.
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:25 pm

Really? I can't believe I'm still learning new stuff about this game, pre-DLC. Not a bad thing at all though!
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:26 pm

Yea, i thought you couldn't for the longest time. I assume other people did too, also it doesn't turn blue. It looks exactly like it does normally.
    Montante
    Montante
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Montante Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:27 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:you could always do that montante. Not many people seem to know about it though.

I seem to remember that you couldn't do that on the Xbox, actually. Oh well, doesn't make much difference. happy

Ziggurat, there's no added effect to the Dark Hand visuals. Unfortunately.

Edit: Oh wait, there actually *is* a change in the graphics. The buffed hand has more smoke coming from it, with a slight blue tinge to it. happy
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:43 pm

They increased the Black Knight Halberd power by like 15 points. Still not worth it, like at all, but it was buffed.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:46 pm

Ice can you test hyper armor on a DGM, a Great Club and a DGA?
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:49 pm

Demon's Great Machete, the club that does or doesn't poison, and Dragonking GreatAx or Demon's Great Ax?

Yes, yes but I hate farming the poison one, no and yes. I have none of these weapons, let me know the list, I'll post when they are done and then I'll stream it so everyone can see.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:00 pm

The great club is fine, the one you find at Blighttown guarded by the rock trolls. The Dragonking or Demon's Greataxe is fine.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:15 pm

I have the weapons you requested, I will be able to show you in just a minute. Link in the sig.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:21 pm

No, for the 2 hand or 1 hand, strong or light attacks, I was still interrupted. The only thing I couldn't test was one hand greatax, otherwise, there is no hyper armor. Sorry folks.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:32 pm

NOOOOO I can't believe that. Oh well, I guess I'll have to sacrifice poise and play smart. I can't watch your livestream because I'm on the phone Ice. Thanks for the testing though.
    DancingFood
    DancingFood

Post by DancingFood Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:40 pm

I'm so disappointed, I was just preparing my strength/dragon sl99 build.
    I'm actually farming dragon scales as I read this.

So, a useless dragon roar and no hyper armor for my DGA - *** that build, I guess.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:41 pm

Tell me about it, at least some changes were good.

The Black Knight Greatsword was buffed, the scaling must be better, at 34/40 my AR is 604, but the starting power of 330 is the same.
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:36 pm

NO HYPER ARMOR?????? ლ(ಥ__ಥლ) WTF

But hey Icefang thanks for checking that. I'm really disappointed about no hyper armor...... Anyways, I'll add that Black Knight weapons were buffed with better scaling.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:39 pm

Interestingly, it has the same letters as some others, I think it wasn't buffed, I think either scaling got buffed or Ultra Greatswords did.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:45 am

i think it might have been scaling, the bk weapons definately do not need a buff, theyre strong enough as it is.
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:51 am

Well I noticed that the letters don't get better as you upgrade it, and the letters are the same as Demon Machete, so I thought they may actually have increased them to more B+E+, or they just buffed all scaling, but we'd probably notice #2 by now right? I know its no hyper armor, but hey at 34 40, not great stats for it, it has 606 AR, really impressive.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:17 am

I read that the only confirmed hyperarmor weapon was the abyss greatsword sad
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:11 am

I heard the chaos blade's health drain has been nerfed massively. to a level of only 5hp per hit, but it only drains when using an R2 attack or on a killing hit.

someone confirm this for me? it's rather exciting news for someone who likes the chaos blade like me happy
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:34 pm

Its 20, I fought one before, and it did 20.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:21 pm