Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Brokewilly
strangejoy
ted1023
7 posters

Forest host and hunter PvP lvls?

ted1023
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

Forest host and hunter PvP lvls? Empty Forest host and hunter PvP lvls?

Post by ted1023 Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:55 pm

I have a question for the host,hunters and co-op people . What lvls do you normally play at while in the forest? While in the forest I have never gone any higher than a toon at 140.. But lately I have been getting request from a fellow player to summon him in the forest..

The only problem is he's at 172 out of my range for co op. I normally play solo in the forest cause I like the constant invasion and the rush of having to fend off 2 sometimes 3 phantoms.. But he seem to be getting bored of hosting on his own and I'm not sure there is enough activity to have a fun game if I lvl up too much.

I really don't like to fighting people much lower than me either cause if your co-op then that just makes the field that much more uneven. The unfortunate thing is You really can't tell until its to late. Any suggestion? I also have a Hunter toon at 120 lvl. I love the forest but hate the hate mail..lol
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Forest host and hunter PvP lvls? Empty Re: Forest host and hunter PvP lvls?

Post by strangejoy Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:32 pm

I have two forest hunters: SL50 (started hunting at SL12 and did 90% of my invasions pre SL20) and SL85. I'll probably bring the SL85 to 120 so that I can effectively invade and host in the kiln and painted world in addition to the forest. I know of some higher level forest phantoms, but it tends to be more on the low-level end, because it's one of the first covenents players can join. I personally don't plan on bringing either of my forest hunters higher than 125 max.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:45 pm

My forest hunter is at lvl 170 and I plan to keep leveling up this character - especially for forest invasions. I have not had any problems invading due to my level because the leveling restrictions do not apply to FoC members:D . I agree alot of the other FoC members I have fought with appear to be lower than me - every once in awhile a get a fellow member who appears to be a higher level than me (one FoC sorcerer came in the other day and completely wrecked the host and his minon with some seriously powerful spells - like one-shotting them!!).

If you have a hunter toon and just plan on doing forest invasions - keep leveling up bro!!!
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:34 pm

I got a 153 and as soon as I put the ring on is off to the races man. Never had a problem.
    Blazefury
    Blazefury
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Blazefury Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:24 pm

I'm at 130 and I never had a problem. Considering some amount of souls I've been getting per kill at times (around 7k), I may be invading guys below my level.
    lorenzo110
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by lorenzo110 Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:58 am

I say continue leveling up. Of course this is coming from a guy who is already at 710 SL. Though some may disagree I find the competition much more formidable up here then down at 120. I tend to face tons of Japanese players who are highly skilled. I mean these guys can side back stab you LOL. So it really teaches you how to incorporate defensive skills into your fighting style. Plus the soul drops are crazyyyyy. I have officially reached 1 billion souls, although the max is 999999999. One of the biggest reasons for my liking the higher level is that now you can no longer get 1 hit kills. You have to really work at taking out your opponent and the same applies for him as well. The use of strategies becomes more prevelent up here as well as the equilizer. Being gung ho only gets you a quick death, especially against opponents who can easily outsmart you. Just my opin.
    deathsdragon
    deathsdragon
    Regular
    Regular

Post by deathsdragon Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:05 am

Might just me being a little OCD but I'll stop leveling when all stats are at 50 Forest host and hunter PvP lvls? 3596227959 Currently level 190 Having no trouble getting Invaded, Summoned or Invading.... Had the best time in Kiln today when the same Blue Phantom invaded me 4 times in a row and he got killed 4 times in a row dropping 250k Souls each go before messaging me on psn telling me I bored him Forest host and hunter PvP lvls? 3207319737
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:14 am

lorenzo110 wrote:I say continue leveling up. Of course this is coming from a guy who is already at 710 SL. Though some may disagree I find the competition much more formidable up here then down at 120. I tend to face tons of Japanese players who are highly skilled. I mean these guys can side back stab you LOL. So it really teaches you how to incorporate defensive skills into your fighting style. Plus the soul drops are crazyyyyy. I have officially reached 1 billion souls, although the max is 999999999. One of the biggest reasons for my liking the higher level is that now you can no longer get 1 hit kills. You have to really work at taking out your opponent and the same applies for him as well. The use of strategies becomes more prevelent up here as well as the equilizer. Being gung ho only gets you a quick death, especially against opponents who can easily outsmart you. Just my opin.

Oh I remember you now! Welcome back dude! Aren't a sunbro too? You are in NG++++++ or something like that right or do I got the wrong person?
    lorenzo110
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by lorenzo110 Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:37 am

Yup Im a sunbro. Thanks for the welcome there DxV04.
    ted1023
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ted1023 Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:57 am

Well I took everyones advise and leveled up to 170.. at first I though I screwed up cause there was no fog gates and no summon signs.. then after Itook out the npc I had my first invasion and considering that it has been a little while now since I have played, it was great.. I took out about 4 in a row before I tried to summon someone and then Summon failed,, I was like damn.. then one took letting me know if I ever want to go back and host I can . I finally came up against a hunter that handed me my walking papers..lol It was great, he was a poise tank using the same weapon as me and beat me twice...maybe 53 poise in't enough against tanks..lol I think i will use this toon at 170 for a min. But now it's time for me to become a hunter again.lol My buddy will be pissed..lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:24 pm