Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Rin
dancash1808
OrnsteinBro
Juutas
WyrmHero
TheWarriorBeard
RANT
WorkInProgressSi
Seignar
Forum Pirate
fujiphoenix
Revoltage
Wisp
17 posters

Can greaswords still stunlock? [SPOILERS]

ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Can greaswords still stunlock? [SPOILERS] - Page 2 Empty Re: Can greaswords still stunlock? [SPOILERS]

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:24 am

Yeah Greatsword were and probably will continue to be one of the most powerful weapon types.... Solid damage, now with hyper armour, they will still be able to lay down the same beatings they do now just now with 3 or 4 presses of the r1 bumper in rapid succession
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Can greaswords still stunlock? [SPOILERS] - Page 2 Empty Re: Can greaswords still stunlock? [SPOILERS]

Post by dancash1808 Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:25 am

I dont think standard greatswords are hyper armor weapons.
    I think for that its gona be UGS greataxes and greathammmers.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:41 am

Hmmmm still even with the nerf to swing speed they still will work well. But be slightly easiler to parry.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:08 am

I actually heard some guy say that Abyss sword had hyper armor and AT LEAST the 2H R2 has the hyper armor (which is not very suprising).
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:23 am

Yeah suddenly landing back on your feet after initiating that would be silly but standard greatsword swipes? nah I hope not. even with this they are not slow.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:22 pm

OrnsteinBro wrote:
    Wisp wrote:The amount of time i've out-played someone for a good 2 minutes without being able to finish them off, only for them to land a laggy first fit and stunlock the life out of me... sad

I know that feel bro.

The weaponswap glitch to escape stunlock isn't consistent enough with lag factored in.
    Really? I've never once failed, and I deal with all kinds of lag.

If greatswords r2s get hyper armor I'm fine, but if the r1s get it I'll be irritated. They're middle of the road for dks. Power, speed and reach, but none of it as good as a weapon class that focuses. In the interest of maintaining them as the balanced weapons, r2 hyper armor makes sense, but r1 hyper armor is detracting from the purpose of using a ug weapon, especially as greatswords are frequently light enough to allow mid weight armor while still fast rolling.

The str weapons arn't light enough to allow any serious poise, so they get hyper armor to counter that.

Thats how I would see the balance aspect anyways.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:41 pm

does the new Atorias Abyss sword 2h R2 track?? or is it one of those things where "lol hes flipping through the air im gonna go stand here and BS him when he lands"
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    ZikoLogiKa NL
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ZikoLogiKa NL Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:53 pm

stunlocking removed for greatswords cheers
    TheWarriorBeard
    TheWarriorBeard

Post by TheWarriorBeard Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:56 pm

Glutebrah wrote:does the new Atorias Abyss sword 2h R2 track?? or is it one of those things where "lol hes flipping through the air im gonna go stand here and BS him when he lands"

It does not track as I was fighting a player using it and he just flipped right past me while I was strafing. It's a shame really... the recovery animation is so long that it's almost a guarenteed backstab.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:10 pm

New question!

Does this only apply to the 2-handed moveset? Or can they stunlock me if I have insufficient poise to withstand a 1 handed attack?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:34 pm

The 1 handed swipes can't stunlock you, but they can stun if you don't have 36 poise.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:10 pm

I was watching a stream and it looked like the Moonlight can get 2 2hR1s cleanly but the third is rollable. Guy was wolf ringed so I'm not sure if it has hyper armor or not.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:26 pm