Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Rin
dancash1808
OrnsteinBro
Juutas
WyrmHero
TheWarriorBeard
RANT
WorkInProgressSi
Seignar
Forum Pirate
fujiphoenix
Revoltage
Wisp
17 posters

Can greaswords still stunlock? [SPOILERS]

Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Can greaswords still stunlock? [SPOILERS] Empty Can greaswords still stunlock? [SPOILERS]

Post by Wisp Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:47 pm

Self explanatory. I know they have slowed down, does that mean the can't stunlock anymore?
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Can greaswords still stunlock? [SPOILERS] Empty Re: Can greaswords still stunlock? [SPOILERS]

Post by Wisp Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:13 pm

Someone must know the answer to this? Guy's this is so important to PvP...
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Can greaswords still stunlock? [SPOILERS] Empty Re: Can greaswords still stunlock? [SPOILERS]

Post by Revoltage Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:01 pm

I think it's safe to say that their ability to stunlock has been almost completely removed. From watching streams, their swing speeds while mashing R1 were much too slow to stunlock anyone.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:02 pm

I hope so, because if this is true then my build is going to kick ***.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:58 pm

Why in gods name would they remove stunlock from the only weapons that could do it effectively? Now all that's left are the weapons that weigh 3 tons and swing as fast as a sloth can scratch his balls. That's not very fast, by the way.
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:03 pm

fujiphoenix wrote:Why in gods name would they remove stunlock from the only weapons that could do it effectively? Now all that's left are the weapons that weigh 3 tons and swing as fast as a sloth can scratch his balls. That's not very fast, by the way.
    Sloths lol very nice imagery

But yeah, I agree with you partly on that. It makes me think poise is not as important as it used to be. The only things that are probably still fast enough to stunlock are the dex weapons I guess.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:07 pm

The ugs stunlock, only for 2 or 3 hits max, but thats a lot of damage from a ugs. And str weapons got buffed, so it might be that ugs are the stunlockers that they are supposed to be as a trade for being so slow.
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:10 pm

Have UGS had any changes? I haven't heard anything about them yet.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:12 pm

some str weapons got hyper armor. There may be more, idk. but ugs could always stunlock, hyper armor will only make it easier
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:13 pm

Why in gods name would they remove stunlock from the only weapons that
    could do it effectively? Now all that's left are the weapons that weigh 3
    tons and swing as fast as a sloth can scratch his balls. That's not
    very fast, by the way.
    I'm pretty sure those weapons got the nice DeS hyper armor to compensate.
    fujiphoenix
    fujiphoenix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by fujiphoenix Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:17 pm

The hell is hyper armor?
    Revoltage
    Revoltage
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Revoltage Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:21 pm

Hyper armor basically prevents you from being interrupted/stunned while in your attack animation. It only applies to the heavy weapons. I'm not quite sure about the details though.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:22 pm

Immunity to stun while swinging, but I don't think greatswords got it.
    WorkInProgressSi

Post by WorkInProgressSi Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:05 am

*** the halberd, thats the new stunlock weapon.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:13 am

my DGM better have hyper mode or ill be pissed! pretty sure it will though.
    TheWarriorBeard
    TheWarriorBeard

Post by TheWarriorBeard Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:39 am

RantFromRant wrote:my DGM better have hyper mode or ill be pissed! pretty sure it will though.

It does. I've been using exclusively the DGM with CMW for PvP and it just destroys...
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:06 am

Infinite stunlock is a glitch exclusively of greatswords. You can escape other weapons by just rolling out after 2 or 3 attacks, and toggle escape is another glitch used to counter infinite stunlock. I'm glad this is fixed.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:48 am

Exactly Wyrm.

Can someone test this to confirm?
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:57 am

Stun is more than acceptable for big weapons, but stunlocking on the other hand has always been just a glitch and I'm glad it's removed so R1 spammers will not have their easy victories anymore.
    Wisp
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Wisp Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:02 am

The amount of time i've out-played someone for a good 2 minutes without being able to finish them off, only for them to land a laggy first fit and stunlock the life out of me... sad
    OrnsteinBro
    OrnsteinBro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinBro Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:09 am

Wisp wrote:The amount of time i've out-played someone for a good 2 minutes without being able to finish them off, only for them to land a laggy first fit and stunlock the life out of me... sad

I know that feel bro.

The weaponswap glitch to escape stunlock isn't consistent enough with lag factored in.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:39 am

WyrmHero wrote:Infinite stunlock is a glitch exclusively of greatswords. You can escape other weapons by just rolling out after 2 or 3 attacks, and toggle escape is another glitch used to counter infinite stunlock. I'm glad this is fixed.

I'm not sure this is the case wyrm. Falchion or scimitar on there second hit will initiate a stunlock that if not infinite is long enough to empty my stamina bar unless I break it off. so big weapons lose it but dex weapons retain it :suspect:
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:13 am

Wait, what of the new Abyss sword thats a gs right? I mean gs without stunlocking will be close to useless, unless you bs all the time :|
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:20 am

Rin wrote:Wait, what of the new Abyss sword thats a gs right? I mean gs without stunlocking will be close to useless, unless you bs all the time :|

Maybe it gains the hyper armor happy and is everyone really forgetting the dmg they do?
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:23 am

Abyss sword is a weaker yet more badass claymore. and you really should not be relying on stunlock with a greatsword. its a big feature yes but hardly the only one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:42 pm