Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Tolvo
WyrmHero
CaptanSpudsy
SunlightCrusader
DamageCK
Forum Pirate
StarScarJenova
X-government-agent
Frank Poole
Anonymous Proxy
LordRevan
Knight Alundil
16 posters

Confessions of a backstabber [spoilers]

Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Confessions of a backstabber [spoilers] - Page 2 Empty Re: Confessions of a backstabber [spoilers]

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:12 pm

WyrmHero wrote:Sorry but the HR is extremely OP. Even if BS are avoidable, lag is b!tch and can OHKO if you don't have +1500 HP. I only use it for killing gankers, but other than that I don't dare use it in a duel. Way to OP in my opinion and I'm glad it's getting nerfed.

I refer you to the Spoiler part of my OP happy

The only spoiler there is that its nerfed.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Confessions of a backstabber [spoilers] - Page 2 Empty Re: Confessions of a backstabber [spoilers]

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:23 pm

Indeed, for that matter a dmb mace at 40 str will bs for1000+ without the hornets ring, and this is a mace we're talking about.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:25 pm

A simple way to put it, I wouldn't compare it to a sniper in Call of Duty. It would be like the "Noob Tubes."
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:28 pm

Well for that damage output you need to sacrifice stats, meanwhile I just do an elemental build, put HR on and that's it, OHKO with lightning zweih instead of wasting points on a buff and Str/Dex.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:36 pm

Its way easier to deal with than the grenade launchers are though. Way way easier.

Its not sacrificing anything, at 120 hybrids don't sacrifice jack squat. Its just having a hybrid, at 30 faith even, as I said, those numbers are minimum.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:37 pm

I'd say it's about the same, actually dealing with a grenade launcher player is a bit easy as long as you see them first.

I'm not saying you can't do it, it's in the game. Just remember, you're using a "Nube Tube." If you genuinely don't care about how people feel you then them calling the weapon as such shouldn't bother you.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:56 pm

Oh I use the grenade launcher too (or crossbow). I still have to disagree though, unless they're dead its really tough for me to do anything about the grenade launcher.

Its almost apples and oranges though, in shooters there are always deaths that one couldn't have done anything to prevent, dks has very few of those in my experience.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:00 pm

Actually with bad enough of a connection, it would be like that. As I discovered when I could backstab people with a Zweihander in the forest before I even appear in their world to them.

I merely brought that up because the OP did. I'm fine with the backstab mechanic being in game, I think people just totally abuse it. But if its in game and it can be abused, it gets abused.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:03 pm

Forum tell me which one is better in your opinion, and why should I bother making the Str/Faith hybrid.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=1892664872552881

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=2038276295923873

In my opinion the housewife can OHKO almost everything, but the Str/Faith seems very efficient and more fun to fight.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:14 pm

With bad enough lag, everything is an abuse. Its lag. Thats not a basis for a solid arguement because it applies to everything else as well.

With minimal lag, there are always deaths that couldn't have been forseen or prevented in shooters, untill lag gets absolutely ludacrous in dks, the death is nearly always "fair" meaning it could have been predicted and avoided, without fore knowledge or supernatural reflexes.

The second one is better, because with the buff it will bs for MORE damage than the other build, it has more health, and it has the option to cast.

In addition, with 2 points from vit into end, you could weild a crystal large club and the hornets ring, equaling the bs damage of the zweihander unbuffed, and greatly surpassing it buffed, while maintaining a greater damage per hit than any elemental weapon can match.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:18 pm

Except that the connections in dark souls are often pretty shoddy. With minimal lag sure, but I can't tell you how often I face people who teleport. Maybe it's my end, except in that it isn't an always thing so I wouldn't believe it's just my end if I do have good connections sometimes. Perhaps more people just shouldn't play with a wireless connection to a toaster, letting them fully abuse the mechanic.

But I could take your argument to the extreme if you want. silly
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:27 pm

I rarely see teleporting, and even when I do its never enough for them to land a bs unless they were going to anyways (ie I screwed up), where the sniper on the roof across the map was always going to kill me, lag or no lag, and the dude camping around a corner with a shotgun was always going to kill me (even if I came around the corner already shooting at him.) Those deaths were never something That I could have stopped.

That has never happened to me in dks, not once. Every death, for any reason, was avoidable, i simply failed to avoid it.
    SunlightCrusader
    SunlightCrusader
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SunlightCrusader Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:32 pm

I see teleporting all the time. One moment in front of me fishing for BS next shoving a hornet ring infused weapon up my ***. I deal with it as it is likely not the other player's fault. It's annoying but it's just something that can happen in a multiplayer game I suppose.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:33 pm

Except you can shoot anyone with a rifle, so it's not that you couldn't kill the sniper. You just didn't.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:41 pm

Not visible to me.
    StarScarJenova
    StarScarJenova
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StarScarJenova Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:57 pm

You rarely see teleporting? Why do you think the community as a whole sees these things as a problem? You must be the exception.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:02 pm

I rarely see teleporting. Excluding the odd 2 foot or so teleport when Someone is bsd. I do get it, but not a ton. I do commonly see their feet not move as they do though, which is always a sign of excessive lag.
    StarScarJenova
    StarScarJenova
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StarScarJenova Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:08 pm

Ah, yeah that's what I see too.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:09 pm

If they can see you, you can see them. Unless they have managed to glitch outside of normal mapped areas of course.

Uncharted 3 Beta....Oh god.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:14 pm

Not really. not distuinguishably, or practically. The sniper at the back of a room firing through the blinds isn't visible from outside the window.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:15 pm

Except in most games, you can't shoot through the blinds since they block the bullets. silly
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:05 pm

Not cod, at least not blackops. Blinds were just that.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:15 am

Tolvo wrote:I'd say it's about the same, actually dealing with a grenade launcher player is a bit easy as long as you see them first.

I'm not saying you can't do it, it's in the game. Just remember, you're using a "Nube Tube." If you genuinely don't care about how people feel you then them calling the weapon as such shouldn't bother you.

It shouldn't bother me that I receive vile, disgusting, offensive mails?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:18 am

Nope. As I said if being liked is not your goal, why should you care?
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:23 am

"being liked is not my goal"

I think you're missing the point. My aim isn't to be a big badass ******* either. I just want to play the game and enjoy it without having people send me abusive messages.

And besides, even if I did have the attitude "I don't care if anyone likes me" I would still be disgusted by the messages I receive. The language used in some of them is ridiculous.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:43 am