Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Tolvo
WyrmHero
CaptanSpudsy
SunlightCrusader
DamageCK
Forum Pirate
StarScarJenova
X-government-agent
Frank Poole
Anonymous Proxy
LordRevan
Knight Alundil
16 posters

Confessions of a backstabber [spoilers]

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Confessions of a backstabber [spoilers] - Page 3 Empty Re: Confessions of a backstabber [spoilers]

Post by Tolvo Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:25 am

Well that's sort of just how online is outside of this forum really. I won't say them calling you all sorts of things is warranted, but understand if you are trying to abuse backstab mechanics people are going to get angry. They just aren't going to politely word it like we would. Now if you're just backstabbing. Some guy does a running Great axe attack and you backstab, well that's just a bad move on their part.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Confessions of a backstabber [spoilers] - Page 3 Empty Re: Confessions of a backstabber [spoilers]

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:29 am

Outside this forum? Yes, I am fully aware of the terrors of the world thankyou for pointing that out. :|

And before you say things like "abuse backstabs mechanics" can you properly read my OP? And before you say it, if it does happen to be your opinion, hornet ring is by no means abuse of a game mechanic.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:36 am

We do have so many of these threads so sometimes I do sort of just gloss over them quickly.

Yes it is in game, yes you can use it. I personally use it for OHKO ripostes. I think it's, not exactly abusing the mechanic, but just sort of unsporting to go for one shot backstabs. Many people do however try to abuse this mechanic and take advantage of lag on their opponents. I understand having the ring on you, I often wear it when I invade for a quick way to deal with griefers, certain types of glitchers, and especially gankers. Just understand if say someone is fighting you and you roll past a rapier poke to hit them for their full health with a backstab. Sort of just unnecessary. I see backstabs seem to have been intended to punish people in PvP, but how is that punishing them. For pressing R1 at all? Again, I frankly don't understand what sort of backstabs you are going for and at what SL, so it's really hard to say. How each individual person treats backstabs is very different, frankly it's like having a religion with many sects within it. Though no matter what, I've never been in support of trying to insult others in the community. I've been a fan of silly male, maybe a bit of a jest at a person but with words that are obviously ridiculous such as calling you a trout without a barb in the sea. Things that don't sound like insults to any sane person and will just be laughed off while also venting the frustration at the person.

Just know, most people on this forum really dislike the sending and receiving of hatemail.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:40 am

Why do I have to give you more rep? +1
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:41 am

So my entire point was that using stuff in the game isn't bad for the community, it's the people that take it too rough and send profanity mails.

So yes we're in agreement great thanks for that Tolvo bye.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:43 am

There is no reason to be so tense about it, since we are in agreement in that regard. Just try to calm down, I understand if you do get a lot of that stuff seeing so much of it can be frustrating. People judging you without knowing you, it sucks. But again, that's in pretty much every gaming community. I can't tell you the sort of hate mail I got playing Super Smash Brothers online, and that's a very silly, but fun, game.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:48 am

I'm perfectly relaxed Tolvo, I just really don't have the time to go through all that with you just for you to say "oh sorry I just glazed over your post".

Considering moments before you suggested (didn't accuse, I know, but the sentiment was there) that I "abused gameplay mechanics" I think you really should have read my post properly before posting. I wouldn't do that on one of your threads, just jump in half way and assume I know what you're talking about just because I've seen similar threads.

Yes, we're in agreement now, but I had to defend my case and be patronised by you more than once to get here, so I'm sure you understand why I'm short with you.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:53 am

And I said "If." I never said you were, I said I don't know how you are backstabbing exactly because you were a bit vague about how exactly you do it in your OP. I did gloss over it but I never accused you of anything, I said "If." Conditional statements which if they are false you can discard, because I wasn't entirely sure of how exactly you played and I still don't. I read nearly every thread on the forum and I try to do my best to read every single line but sometimes when I see a thread with a very common topic that looks like it has very common content, I don't read the whole thing to save myself some time before reading the next one. Again, I'm not saying "How dare you get angry with me." I do understand your anger, I'm just explaining my action.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:56 am

Hence why I said you didn't accuse me, you suggested it.

Really Tolvo, come on.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:15 am

The code for spoiler text is [spoiler] insert text here [/spoiler]
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:46 am

Bioraptor wrote:The code for spoiler text is
    Spoiler:

Haha thanks alot man, I got it happy
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:06 am

Well i did not read every post but this is my opinion. HR is op and 1 hit ohko can be annoying to anyone however i do not hate HR because i find countering bs easy and i dont realy remember the last time i got killed by a HR user. I use HR when in a 3v1 or 2v1 situation and i think that its the only time the ring should be used.

I also love hatemail, i mean after a 3v1 when the host sends hatemail it x the satisfaction you already got by 100.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:09 am

Rin wrote:Well i did not read every post but this is my opinion. HR is op and 1 hit ohko can be annoying to anyone however i do not hate HR because i find countering bs easy and i dont realy remember the last time i got killed by a HR user. I use HR when in a 3v1 or 2v1 situation and i think that its the only time the ring should be used.

I also love hatemail, i mean after a 3v1 when the host sends hatemail it x the satisfaction you already got by 100.

Haha hatemail from a 3v1 is fine, hatemail from a 1v1 is fine. Im mostly talking about really vulgar, nasty messages that no one should have to read. And btw i'm not really talking about HR any more. If you already know about how the hornet ring has been effected in the new content please read the *spoiler* area in my original post and it should address a couple of points you made happy
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:43 pm

The most vicious, vulgar, disgusting hate mail I got was from a host at Sen's. I was preparing to run the second gauntlet, just as I started he tried to dash past me and fell. He sent me two messages/abominations about how he lost all his souls and such. It was so extreme all I could do was laugh, and hope he never has children.

If it's from an invader and it isn't too vulgar I usually just reply something like, "Easy, we both love the same game."
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:02 pm

callipygias wrote:The most vicious, vulgar, disgusting hate mail I got was from a host at Sen's. I was preparing to run the second gauntlet, just as I started he tried to dash past me and fell. He sent me two messages/abominations about how he lost all his souls and such. It was so extreme all I could do was laugh, and hope he never has children.

If it's from an invader and it isn't too vulgar I usually just reply something like, "Easy, we both love the same game."

This is what I try to go for, but like you said, sometimes the messages are simply too vulgar to reply to. Worry about people that think it's okay to communicate with others in this fashion sad
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:16 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:
    Spoiler:

Sorry mate you are seeing it like this as you have to un tick your BBCode.
    Although its basicly [ here ] text [/ here ] where I have wrote here you would put spoiler.

I bet you thought I was taking the piss then did`nt you happy
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:42 pm

Bioraptor wrote:
    Knight Alundil wrote:
    Spoiler:

Sorry mate you are seeing it like this as you have to un tick your BBCode.
    Although its basicly [ here ] text [/ here ] where I have wrote here you would put spoiler.

I bet you thought I was taking the piss then did`nt you happy

Lol not at all man, like i said i got it silly
    Kerberos-013
    Kerberos-013
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Kerberos-013 Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:37 pm

Backstabbing really bothered me when I first started pvp. Then I decided to master it. Now I don't have problem with it, but I don't use it exclusively. I will admit though all my builds are usually setup with the mechanic in mind as it is so powerful. I may change that depended on how the new nerffing affects things.

My favorite technique is when another player is circling for BS, I pull straight back letting them circle right in front of me exposing their back. Easy BS for me haha!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:02 pm