Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Help with SL99 build

Revenant
    Revenant

Help with SL99 build Empty Help with SL99 build

Post by Revenant Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:08 pm

So I'm fairly new to Dark Souls (playing PC version) and after a couple of clears with a few different play styles I'm looking to PvP. I've messed around a bit with some far less then optimized builds and I haven't really got my head around the finer points of theory. I've got half way through this particular build and I'm sort of stuck:

http://tinyurl.com/8k6p4n3

I'm looking to keep a bit of flavour to the build so absolute min/max isn't really all that important to me.

So a few key points:

- Armor, should I try and keep fast, use the wolf ring and make up the other 16 points to hit 56 poise. Or is it sacrificing too much, should I just go to medium, max my defenses and really look to not making a mistep on positioning. Either way any recommendations on armour set ups?

- Weapon, +15 or Lightning. If I go to Lightning I can obviously drop SLB and pick up a second WoG. Will I get enough milage out of SLB or should I just drop it? And any ideas for a second weapon? Or do I need one?

- Shield, I took the Heavy Iron Shield because of the Heavy Deflection value while still being able to parry. Is it worth the investment in weight especially considering there are others in the same weight range with better stats.

And I suppose any other glaringly obvious oversights I've made. As I stated, fairly new to this to all feedback/criticism is welcome.

Last edited by reim0027 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Minified URL)
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Help with SL99 build Empty Re: Help with SL99 build

Post by Glutebrah Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:17 pm

Revenant wrote:So I'm fairly new to Dark Souls (playing PC version) and after a couple of clears with a few different play styles I'm looking to PvP. I've messed around a bit with some far less then optimized builds and I haven't really got my head around the finer points of theory. I've got half way through this particular build and I'm sort of stuck:

http://tinyurl.com/8k6p4n3

I'm looking to keep a bit of flavour to the build so absolute min/max isn't really all that important to me.

So a few key points:

- Armor, should I try and keep fast, use the wolf ring and make up the other 16 points to hit 56 poise. Or is it sacrificing too much, should I just go to medium, max my defenses and really look to not making a mistep on positioning. Either way any recommendations on armour set ups?

- Weapon, +15 or Lightning. If I go to Lightning I can obviously drop SLB and pick up a second WoG. Will I get enough milage out of SLB or should I just drop it? And any ideas for a second weapon? Or do I need one?

- Shield, I took the Heavy Iron Shield because of the Heavy Deflection value while still being able to parry. Is it worth the investment in weight especially considering there are others in the same weight range with better stats.

And I suppose any other glaringly obvious oversights I've made. As I stated, fairly new to this to all feedback/criticism is welcome.

you don't need 56 poise imo, i have always pvped with 40 poise, just wear wolf ring.

also your life is pretty low i would take points out of Dex and add to vit and endurance if you need it, you will be relying on SLB for your damage, and the spell will refresh every time you respawn any ways.

possibly like this..
    http://tinyurl.com/9m8htkg

you might find you don't need 2 casts of SLB however for arena/invasions, and just use armor you think looks badass

Last edited by reim0027 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Minified URL)
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:29 pm

This one. It's supposed to fast roll. Switch to occult/divine weapon when buff runs out. With those stats maybe an Estoc.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=3220093976042734
    omega Elf
    omega Elf
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by omega Elf Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:02 pm

53 poise fast roll
    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=1405533646109686
    Revenant
    Revenant

Post by Revenant Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:02 am

Thanks for the feedback folks. I suppose I'll just play around with it but I'm glad you mentioned the VIT as well. Something I was a little concerned about. I might drop the DEX and bump VIT as suggested. A faster cast of GLS probably isn't needed seen as it'll be cast a range, that's if I even decide to keep it. Just figured it might be handy to have in there as a ranged option. And as you said the second cast of SLB may be much better. I suppose at some point I'll get round to NG++ seen as I was planning to be a DMB with this guy.

I'll probably try and keep in the fast category as well but that's neither here nor there, I can experiment with both. However not getting hit in the first place definitely seems to be the better choice.

Once again thanks for the input guys

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:22 pm