Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Veradox
XachAttack
6 posters

DLC Poise. (Maybe spoilers? I dunno.)

XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

DLC Poise. (Maybe spoilers? I dunno.) Empty DLC Poise. (Maybe spoilers? I dunno.)

Post by XachAttack Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:40 am

So, since greatswords are unable to stunlock with their 2h r1, how important is having high poise this time around?

What might be a good place to stop, as well?
    Veradox
    Veradox
    Addicted
    Addicted

DLC Poise. (Maybe spoilers? I dunno.) Empty Re: DLC Poise. (Maybe spoilers? I dunno.)

Post by Veradox Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:49 pm

I have 46 poise with Elite Knight's set. 46 poise... And know what? I regularly get stunlocked by guys swinging big swords. Kinda frustrating.
    P.S. You DO need poise.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

DLC Poise. (Maybe spoilers? I dunno.) Empty Re: DLC Poise. (Maybe spoilers? I dunno.)

Post by XachAttack Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:08 pm

Are you getting hit with two handed attacks? Because if that's the case, you'de need 53 to not get stunned in 1 hit.

As for 1 handed, I don't know.

I never said you didn't need poise lol. I'm just looking for a new point to reach once the dlc comes to consoles.
    Veradox
    Veradox
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Veradox Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:09 pm

Then you pretty much answered the question by yourself happy 53.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:23 pm

Yes I...guess I did, didn't I.DLC Poise. (Maybe spoilers? I dunno.) 2707236321 Thanks.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:10 pm

Veradox wrote:I have 46 poise with Elite Knight's set. 46 poise... And know what? I regularly get stunlocked by guys swinging big swords. Kinda frustrating.
    P.S. You DO need poise.

You dont..... if you can dodge....

but UGS hit hard enough that a well made build can two or three shot most enemies.... poise is good but stun locking isnt the be all end all of Str builds.
    DNL
    DNL
    Casual
    Casual

Post by DNL Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:40 pm

You still can get stunlocked and need 53 poise
    Veradox
    Veradox
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Veradox Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:15 pm

My build includes DWGR, So I can pretty much dodge well... But sometimes I get stupidly dead angled, stunned, and pew-pew - dead. sad
    ManiacDiscord
    ManiacDiscord
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ManiacDiscord Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:04 pm

I have always had a tank build with 79 poise (Black Iron set) and medium rolls, this dlc has changed nothing in the regard of my playstyle because I never used the DWGR to start with.

Though they did nerf greatswords, you should probably keep your poise if dodging ain't your thing.
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XuitusTheGreat Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:31 pm

they didnt nerf ultra great sword stun lock so my great machete is still gonna lock.....get some 77 poise!!!! lmao

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:17 am