Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+124
densetsushun
Seignar
GenericUsername
Hue
firefighter_raven
Reaperfan
YourBigSpoon
MasterofShadows
Tolvo
Death132
Emergence
User1
Green__Eagle
DoughGuy
Gambs_the_Grey
Kyōkai
Jansports
Conrack
Dr. Demento
zanicus
Hydreigon11
lalliman
MosquitoPower
Synalon
Leeroy_Jenkins
Zeta Prime
Yukon
CaptanSpudsy
Sloth9230
Sentiel
jankenneth_10
Mike5005005
Serious_Much
OmarTheFuzzy
gaarafrednorris
defacto
TheAshenPhantom
PolarisStar
rety
DMC
BeeSeaEss
aprilmanha
EeAyEss
PhlyingDutchman
GrinTwist
User
PwnasauresRex
aceluby
The Letter X
XachAttack
Ranger9411
TommyWiseau
deadagain
joemann
Odinbear
steveswede
Minorino
Montante
Jester's Tears
Aznul
Nybbles
sinspaw
Back Lot Basher
Hatsune Miku
Hylian
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
moaiguy42
RedderAI
PlasticandRage
Rarayn
eminusx
Icegodzilla
BIG TIME MASTER
ChizFreak
Marino.
GkMrBane
SlakeMoth
FinPeku
THEOGLUIGI
Peaceful Wollyhop
Revoltage
Infighter
Marionx
>Brave<
Cabjoy
Slarg232
oregonav8r
FruitPunchNinja
Krasouski
bopjo1
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
Tomhet
Fatneckwood
meowzersx
WandererReece
VinheimProfessor
edgie_za
raecor14
Dante_000
carlucio
Anonymous Proxy
Ellswearth
Everynevers
Rudmed
Doelker
Mr. Tart
X-government-agent
Knight Alundil
TehInfamousAmos
EpicLagSpikes
Glutebrah
FexDS
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
befowler
CaligoIllioneus
ublug
IV_Mark_VI
Uparkaam
Argetlam350
Gazman0169
Rynn
128 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 21 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by TheAshenPhantom Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:07 am

PlasticandRage wrote:
    The Letter X wrote:
    TheAshenPhantom wrote:I feel like an idiot but had no idea I could parry while my guard was up.... always thought I had to keep my sheild down for some reason.

I think that was added in patch 1.06

You could always do it. You had to hold down both buttons, then release the block button as you parried though. Not sure if that was changed in the patch or not, but it could be done before it.

-shrugs- I don't know. I was just holding the block button and clicked the parry button while still blocking and still performed the parry. It was just something I discovered I could do that I didn't know before hand. happy
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 21 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Icegodzilla Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:14 am

huh i never knew that
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:44 am

TheAshenPhantom wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:
    The Letter X wrote:
    TheAshenPhantom wrote:I feel like an idiot but had no idea I could parry while my guard was up.... always thought I had to keep my sheild down for some reason.

I think that was added in patch 1.06

You could always do it. You had to hold down both buttons, then release the block button as you parried though. Not sure if that was changed in the patch or not, but it could be done before it.

-shrugs- I don't know. I was just holding the block button and clicked the parry button while still blocking and still performed the parry. It was just something I discovered I could do that I didn't know before hand. happy

Maybe they did change it then. I'm not entirely sure.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:20 am

It is entirely possible to beat the game several times without ever learning to parry silly . Though it can make some things a little tricky.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:00 pm

doing the game without parry would be kinda boring. but the fight with gywn would be a lot harder lol
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:07 pm

Did you know those sunlight maggots drop sunlight medals?
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:25 pm

Just found out this morning (GMT). You can grief one of the Sorcerers in the Catacombs. I've seen it done with other players, but it never occurred to me that an NPC would fall for such a dirty trick. To give you some idea what I am talking about it involves a moveable bridge, and a conveniently placed switch to activate it.

Let's just say his double-skellie guard didn't amount to much, when all three of em were plummeting to their deaths with me watching on Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 21 1361424789from a safe distance. lol

Ah, discovering a way to grief the game after it's been the cause of so much grief in the past, it just doesn't get any better than that! lol!
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:37 pm

Rynn wrote:Did you know those sunlight maggots drop sunlight medals?

No, I didn't. Maybe they stole them from Solaire when he went down to them. silly
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:28 pm

Gazman0169 wrote:Just found out this morning (GMT). You can grief one of the Sorcerers in the Catacombs. I've seen it done with other players, but it never occurred to me that an NPC would fall for such a dirty trick. To give you some idea what I am talking about it involves a moveable bridge, and a conveniently placed switch to activate it.

Let's just say his double-skellie guard didn't amount to much, when all three of em were plummeting to their deaths with me watching on Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 21 1361424789from a safe distance. lol

Ah, discovering a way to grief the game after it's been the cause of so much grief in the past, it just doesn't get any better than that! lol!

It's so much fun to do to other players too. I like to disguise myself as a jar over there, and just wait for an opportune moment.

Rynn wrote:Did you know those sunlight maggots drop sunlight medals?

I've actually never gotten them to drop anything else. With the exception of the Sunlight Maggot of course. I'm starting to believe that them dropping titanite is a myth.
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:28 pm

That you can customize hair color.......
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:17 pm

You can create the same effect of the Slumbering DCR without having it equipped by shuffling your feet when you walk. If you really gently tap the joystick over and over again, so that your toon just shuffles a little and doesn't take complete steps, you won't be creating noise with your footsteps, and enemies with their backs turned won't notice you until you're touching them. It wouldn't really be feasible all the time, just because it takes forever, but it can be helpful to sneak up on some enemies for a surprise BS, like the black knight in the burg, and so on.
    gaarafrednorris
    gaarafrednorris

Post by gaarafrednorris Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:45 pm

Recently learned and is being abused to hell:

There's a way to farm in Anor Londo that gives 12300 souls a run, and each run takes about 2-3 minutes, depending on weapons.

First, Smough and Ornstein must be dead, the Bonfire near the Princess must be lit, and you must have some form of ranged attack.

From the princess, go down to the boss area and get just close enough to target the first sentinel. Hit him with a ranged to kite to the stairs, kill him, and then run up to the Archer Knight. Kill him, then kill the second sentinel. Already at 7300 souls. Run outside, kill the two sentinels there one at a time, and you're at 10300. Now go to the right area (it's right if you're facing the rotating thing) and slaughter those demons one at a time for 500 each. Walla, 12300 souls.
    I have pyromancy, Queelag's sword and Great Soul Spear so the demons drop like flies.
    IMO, this is amazing for farming for Twinkling titanite since you get enough for 1.5 each run. And at my current level of 71, I'm able to level up every 3 runs.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:03 pm

gaarafrednorris wrote:Recently learned and is being abused to hell:

There's a way to farm in Anor Londo that gives 12300 souls a run, and each run takes about 2-3 minutes, depending on weapons.

First, Smough and Ornstein must be dead, the Bonfire near the Princess must be lit, and you must have some form of ranged attack.

From the princess, go down to the boss area and get just close enough to target the first sentinel. Hit him with a ranged to kite to the stairs, kill him, and then run up to the Archer Knight. Kill him, then kill the second sentinel. Already at 7300 souls. Run outside, kill the two sentinels there one at a time, and you're at 10300. Now go to the right area (it's right if you're facing the rotating thing) and slaughter those demons one at a time for 500 each. Walla, 12300 souls.
    I have pyromancy, Queelag's sword and Great Soul Spear so the demons drop like flies.
    IMO, this is amazing for farming for Twinkling titanite since you get enough for 1.5 each run. And at my current level of 71, I'm able to level up every 3 runs.

If you're hard up for souls, try going to the Painted World of Ariamis, and farming the phalanx there. You get roughly 8,000 souls per run, and a little over 10k with the Silver Serpent Ring, it's a little less than you're seeing in Anor Londo, but the Phalanx is only about 20 seconds from the bonfire, and if you run right into the middle of the Phalanx and blast em with an AoE spell, like WoG, GLSD, or any of the pryo storm spells, you can kill them all in one shot, meaning you can do each run in under 2 minutes.

That's roughly 50,000 souls in 10 minutes, if you keep doing it. etc., etc.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:54 pm

If you really want twinkling titanite though, the crystal cave is FAR better (if you have killed seath). Just equip the golden covetous serpent ring and kill all the clams over and over for their drops. If you have max item discovery you can get around 1-4 titanites per run, plus they drop 1k souls each, as well as a decent amount of purging stones.

But, if you are farming the main room area of anor londo for souls, I would certainly recomment using the silver covetous serpent ring.

Also, If you fire at the first sentinel from inside of the boss room, he will not aggro; and if you walk down from there and stand next to the first pillar on your right, you can safely shoot the second sentinel without aggroing him or the silver knight archer. This way you don't have to worry about aggroing the sentinel by the entrance while you fight the archer.
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:26 am

Just noticed that the Greatsword of Artorias (Non-Cursed version) does Magic damage aswell as physical. I never noticed that and thought it was physical damage like the cursed and abyss version. Learning something new everyday, even after geting plat. Now to try and not die multiple times against Bed of Chaos!
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:24 am

Icegodzilla wrote:doing the game without parry would be kinda boring. but the fight with gywn would be a lot harder lol

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 21 1330857165Thats exactly what I did. and gwyn was a beast.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:01 pm

Gwyn is still a pushover without parries if you use solaire as a distraction and pummel him with pyromancy. Have yet to parry or die to Gwyn silly. Though parries would probably make it far easier.

Is there anywhere that I can find a list of which enemies can and cannot be parried? It seems that sometimes when I try to learn to parry I foolishly try on enemies which cannot be parried.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:57 pm

Aznul wrote:Gwyn is still a pushover without parries if you use solaire as a distraction and pummel him with pyromancy. Have yet to parry or die to Gwyn silly. Though parries would probably make it far easier.

Is there anywhere that I can find a list of which enemies can and cannot be parried? It seems that sometimes when I try to learn to parry I foolishly try on enemies which cannot be parried.

Didnt know solaire could be summoned . it was my first playthrough.Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 21 1330857165
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:25 pm

Aznul wrote:Gwyn is still a pushover without parries if you use solaire as a distraction and pummel him with pyromancy. Have yet to parry or die to Gwyn silly. Though parries would probably make it far easier.

Try fighting him by yourself and going toe-to-toe with him with only melee. He's not the hardest boss in the game anyway, but at least he's a challenge that way, and it makes the end feel a bit more epic.

BTW, I just learned last night, that if you're fighting Gwyn with 3 players, he can grab all three of you at once with one grapple.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:28 pm

Intend to this time around, since I have been saving Solaire every time so far and want to see what happens if he dies.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:43 pm

Aznul wrote:Intend to this time around, since I have been saving Solaire every time so far and want to see what happens if he dies.

You get his equipment, which is nice. All of it is usable, but I tend to save him anyway, just because it's so hard to watch him go hollow.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:52 pm

Well I was going to let him go holloy once just to try it and to check out his equipment.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:56 pm

It's good stuff. His shield is a lot like Shiva's, but with less deflection, higher defensive stats, and a little less weight. I've never used his sword as a main weapon, but I've heard it can be a really good one, and his armor is great for substituting pieces in for mid-poise toons that need to subtract a little weight. It's all decent stuff.
    OmarTheFuzzy
    OmarTheFuzzy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by OmarTheFuzzy Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:33 pm

Well, this is sort of "duh," I know. But I just realized yesterday that "Kalameet" sounds a whole lot like "Calamity" (as in the ring, etc.). I guess within the context of the game, the etymology of the word "calamity" is its association with the dragon.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:49 pm

I figured out recently that a +15 Light Crossbow will decimate either of the Hydras. I tried ranged spells on the Hydra with my very first character, a mage. They didn't work, so I used melee from then on. But on a whim I tried this recently, and hit the beast for nearly 250 damage each time, and removed any heads that were in my line of sight. Once the two heads in front of me were gone, it was a turkey shoot. Didn't even need a shield.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:15 am