Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+124
densetsushun
Seignar
GenericUsername
Hue
firefighter_raven
Reaperfan
YourBigSpoon
MasterofShadows
Tolvo
Death132
Emergence
User1
Green__Eagle
DoughGuy
Gambs_the_Grey
Kyōkai
Jansports
Conrack
Dr. Demento
zanicus
Hydreigon11
lalliman
MosquitoPower
Synalon
Leeroy_Jenkins
Zeta Prime
Yukon
CaptanSpudsy
Sloth9230
Sentiel
jankenneth_10
Mike5005005
Serious_Much
OmarTheFuzzy
gaarafrednorris
defacto
TheAshenPhantom
PolarisStar
rety
DMC
BeeSeaEss
aprilmanha
EeAyEss
PhlyingDutchman
GrinTwist
User
PwnasauresRex
aceluby
The Letter X
XachAttack
Ranger9411
TommyWiseau
deadagain
joemann
Odinbear
steveswede
Minorino
Montante
Jester's Tears
Aznul
Nybbles
sinspaw
Back Lot Basher
Hatsune Miku
Hylian
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
moaiguy42
RedderAI
PlasticandRage
Rarayn
eminusx
Icegodzilla
BIG TIME MASTER
ChizFreak
Marino.
GkMrBane
SlakeMoth
FinPeku
THEOGLUIGI
Peaceful Wollyhop
Revoltage
Infighter
Marionx
>Brave<
Cabjoy
Slarg232
oregonav8r
FruitPunchNinja
Krasouski
bopjo1
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
Tomhet
Fatneckwood
meowzersx
WandererReece
VinheimProfessor
edgie_za
raecor14
Dante_000
carlucio
Anonymous Proxy
Ellswearth
Everynevers
Rudmed
Doelker
Mr. Tart
X-government-agent
Knight Alundil
TehInfamousAmos
EpicLagSpikes
Glutebrah
FexDS
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
befowler
CaligoIllioneus
ublug
IV_Mark_VI
Uparkaam
Argetlam350
Gazman0169
Rynn
128 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

befowler
    befowler

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 22 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by befowler Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:53 pm

Yeah, Solaire's set is one of my favorites at +10, particularly if you swap in giants gauntlets +5 for his gloves. You get consistently high defenses across the board, including magic and lightning, for pretty good weight/poise. His shield is also great both at +15 regular, and +10 fire. The +10 fire has like 90% fire resistance, although the stability is only 55 or something.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 22 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:54 pm

You guys ever notice that every time you enter the Great Hollow for the first time the sound things make when they die triggers and you get 400 souls? What the hell is that?
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:56 pm

I found recently that having fun is the point of the game.

AKA naked fast roll battles using the gost blade R2 attack only is so funny it could kill you murder style.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:04 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:You guys ever notice that every time you enter the Great Hollow for the first time the sound things make when they die triggers and you get 400 souls? What the hell is that?

Random frog falling, just to remind you that death by misadventure awaits.

Speaking of sounds though, has anyone ever listened to the sounds in the tunnel leading to Quaalag's fog door? Something in there, be it the creatures on the ground, or something you can't see, makes the EXACT same sound the giant trolls made in the Valley of Defilement (Demons Souls). First time I heard it, the same shiver went up my spine as I instinctively expected to get pounded into the ground like a tent peg.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:08 pm

its the egg burdened who make that noise if i remember correctly, and yeah i hate that shuddering breath noise those guys made....
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:08 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:You guys ever notice that every time you enter the Great Hollow for the first time the sound things make when they die triggers and you get 400 souls? What the hell is that?

Random frog falling, just to remind you that death by misadventure awaits.

Speaking of sounds though, has anyone ever listened to the sounds in the tunnel leading to Quaalag's fog door? Something in there, be it the creatures on the ground, or something you can't see, makes the EXACT same sound the giant trolls made in the Valley of Defilement (Demons Souls). First time I heard it, the same shiver went up my spine as I instinctively expected to get pounded into the ground like a tent peg.

My first assumption was that it was mosquitoes trying to follow you in and not making it, but the number of souls didn't make sense. You get 400 for each Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 22 932657698?

Going to have to check that out. I'm actually right about to fight her.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:05 pm

Yeah, 400 souls should be a frog. It's probably the enemies loading before the environment they are standing on, so they fall through and die. It happened a lot in demons souls (valley of defilement).
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:24 pm

It happens to me like clockwork, every single time I enter the Hollow. Maybe there's a basilisk in there none of us have ever seen alive, because it's in a place where it dies as soon as it spawns?
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:27 pm

I can't remember if that has ever happened to me or not.

PlasticandRage wrote:It happens to me like clockwork, every single time I enter the Hollow. Maybe there's a basilisk in there none of us have ever seen alive, because it's in a place where it dies as soon as it spawns?
    If this is true then shouldn't you see the basilisk if you rest at one of Ash Lakes's bonfires and then to to the tree?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:36 pm

I don't think I've ever gone back up into the Hollow from that direction. I'm not sure if you get the 400 souls going that way or not. Maybe?
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:37 pm

I've just found out that I'm an idiot (I know the rest of you know that already). I've played a lot of the DLC with my two main characters but decided to go back to the main game, so what do I do? I only took them both over into the next ng which means, if I want to access the DLC again, I'll have to get the Lord Vessel to open up the Duke's Archives.

Don't applaud, just throw money.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:54 pm

Just learned that if King Jerimiah falls off a ledge you don't get his stuff. Even if you quit and reload. He kept back peddling and trying to throw fireballs at me, so I kicked his silly * off the cliff. I guess I'm the silly * now huh?
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:21 am

youtube is now advertising dark souls 2, just tried watching a pvp vid and the trailer came up as the pre video ad!!!!
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:23 am

My YouTube recommends anything DkS related to me. I'm sure I'll be getting that soon enough. Whenever I get back from vacay that is. silly
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:25 am

now im forced to watch that ad all the way through because i love the music and can't stand to ptress skip, gg youtube an ad im actually interested in!!!
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:14 am

That the Darkwraith enemies in New Londo have about 526 hp in regular NG. I've been wondering this for QUITE a while, and I finally thought up a way to test it lol. FINALLY!
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:32 am

I discovered that flash sweat is awesome for PvP. While its usefulness against GC and fire tempest etc is obvious, it is also great against the chaos weapons folks seem to love now, and even seems to cut the damage you take on a backstab from such weapons. Plus it lasts like a minute.

Does anyone know if GMB similarly reduces BS damage from say a moonlight greatsword or other magic damage heavy weapon?
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:37 am

befowler wrote:Does anyone know if GMB similarly reduces BS damage from say a moonlight greatsword or other magic damage heavy weapon?
    It does. I remember getting backstabbed with HR CMW MLGS during 1.05 and the damage was laughable big grin
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:53 pm

Saw that theif's armour had bird on the material on the back.. Never noticed that before, thought it was nice detail
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:21 pm

Speaking of gear, I noticed that if you wear the black iron chest and then go and do the "curl up in a ball" thing in the raven's nest, you actually do look like a big metallic egg. It was the first time I actually thought the raven might really be tricked by it.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:48 pm

befowler wrote:Speaking of gear, I noticed that if you wear the black iron chest and then go and do the "curl up in a ball" thing in the raven's nest, you actually do look like a big metallic egg. It was the first time I actually thought the raven might really be tricked by it.

Just as well it wasn't, otherwise it might try to hatch you instead of giving you a lift.
    Mike5005005
    Mike5005005
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Mike5005005 Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:46 pm

Just found out Zweihander is quite fun to use! Always thought of it as too slow for anything, but I love smashing people into the ground!! =D
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:48 pm

Did you know the ninja's in the lower undead burg can not be knocked down with force? They do a ninja-flip and completely ignore your attempts.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:06 am

Apparently the one doing the parrying doesn't have to do the riposte. I parried a Silver Knight yesterday, and my host managed to do the riposte before I could.
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:28 am

That the Dark Silver tracer is sooooo amazing for backstabs/ripostes for non buffing builds.

Also the Gold Tracer with it's bleed is super amazing as well.

I've been cooping S+O and I've been making those bastards BLEED!!! I always talk trash when I do it too. I'm a nerd like that. I say stuff like "You just got blead out, son!". Yup, dork.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:15 pm