Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+124
densetsushun
Seignar
GenericUsername
Hue
firefighter_raven
Reaperfan
YourBigSpoon
MasterofShadows
Tolvo
Death132
Emergence
User1
Green__Eagle
DoughGuy
Gambs_the_Grey
Kyōkai
Jansports
Conrack
Dr. Demento
zanicus
Hydreigon11
lalliman
MosquitoPower
Synalon
Leeroy_Jenkins
Zeta Prime
Yukon
CaptanSpudsy
Sloth9230
Sentiel
jankenneth_10
Mike5005005
Serious_Much
OmarTheFuzzy
gaarafrednorris
defacto
TheAshenPhantom
PolarisStar
rety
DMC
BeeSeaEss
aprilmanha
EeAyEss
PhlyingDutchman
GrinTwist
User
PwnasauresRex
aceluby
The Letter X
XachAttack
Ranger9411
TommyWiseau
deadagain
joemann
Odinbear
steveswede
Minorino
Montante
Jester's Tears
Aznul
Nybbles
sinspaw
Back Lot Basher
Hatsune Miku
Hylian
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
moaiguy42
RedderAI
PlasticandRage
Rarayn
eminusx
Icegodzilla
BIG TIME MASTER
ChizFreak
Marino.
GkMrBane
SlakeMoth
FinPeku
THEOGLUIGI
Peaceful Wollyhop
Revoltage
Infighter
Marionx
>Brave<
Cabjoy
Slarg232
oregonav8r
FruitPunchNinja
Krasouski
bopjo1
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
XuitusTheGreat
callipygias
Tomhet
Fatneckwood
meowzersx
WandererReece
VinheimProfessor
edgie_za
raecor14
Dante_000
carlucio
Anonymous Proxy
Ellswearth
Everynevers
Rudmed
Doelker
Mr. Tart
X-government-agent
Knight Alundil
TehInfamousAmos
EpicLagSpikes
Glutebrah
FexDS
Spurgun
Forum Pirate
befowler
CaligoIllioneus
ublug
IV_Mark_VI
Uparkaam
Argetlam350
Gazman0169
Rynn
128 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 5 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by WandererReece Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:20 pm

WandererReece wrote:
    Everynevers wrote:Will Seek Guidance illuminate enough messages to "pave" a way (around the bend) to that Blue Slab?

I've only tried this once,. I cast the miracle and the extra messages showed almost the entire turn in the invisible path. I just merrily walked to the the blue slab. cheers

Apparently this does not always work. I just tried it a second time and only two messages appeared.

I want you Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 5 1447589260to write more messages. Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 5 655129990

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 5 3494217123Also, dragoniods look like nude humans when you touch their sign.
    XuitusTheGreat
    XuitusTheGreat
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 5 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by XuitusTheGreat Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:55 pm

I learned that the Avelin existed :I and then lost 70 humanity in a quest to have it lmfao

also learned you dont have to be in the dragon cov to use the chest stone lol

also ALSO!!! learned that you couldn't see the status bars of the people ur inflicting a status on (>_<) I ignored the gravelord sword for too long cause of this (mental thought at the time: damn broke sword full of lies...)

super also: learned that you dont have to kill Gwynivere to fight Gwyndilin >_<

more also: you can zoom in with bows

also for justice: you can kill the basin Hydra without removing every head

ive learned a lot in the last 3 month ;-;
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:44 am

That merchants won't sell certain things if you've already had certain dealings with some of the other merchants in the game.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:45 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:That merchants won't sell certain things if you've already had certain dealings with some of the other merchants in the game.

WHAT!?
    bopjo1
    bopjo1
    Casual
    Casual

Post by bopjo1 Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:37 am

I only just yesterday discovered the Tower Kite and Caduceus Kite shields shield with 72 stability fully upgraded and only 3 pounds. Been playing almost a year and never knew about them...
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:19 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:That merchants won't sell certain things if you've already had certain dealings with some of the other merchants in the game.

WHAT!?

Perhaps Pendent meant some things can only be bought once. If you by the repair box from that guy in Undead Burg, then you can't buy it from Andre.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:36 pm

WandererReece wrote:Perhaps Pendent meant some things can only be bought once. If you by the repair box from that guy in Undead Burg, then you can't buy it from Andre.
    Yes, repairbox, both smithboxes, bottomless and master key can only be acquired once each playthrough.
    But I assumed that Pendant was referring to buying spells from Dusk and Elizabeth?
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:58 pm

Havel's shield gives you a buff instead of bashing someone in the face with it. I was wondering what it did so I pressed LT, when my guy stood still I was confused...when suddenly..rocks all over my body!

I think the invader pissed himself when he saw me approach him in this form.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:06 pm

A host and a white / yellow phantom can parry each other.

My friend got summoned by someone, and they were horsing around waiting for invaders. Then they discovered this.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:12 pm

Power within is actually good.

PVP is fun.

I'm good with spears, or at least better than i am with most greatswords.

The crystal cave is bigger and has more walkways than i thought.

Invading as a darkmoon can have me invading people far lower than my SL.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:21 pm

Ahh ok. Was worried there for a second :|

Also, the dragonslayer greatbow is great in close quarters. I never, ever thought it would be!
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:38 pm

An invasion occures in two stages for the host, if he has no summons.

1) White doors go up, bonfires go down, and white and red soapstones become unusable.

2) Invader comes and an invasion message is displayed.

In between the two steps is a short pause. During this pause the host can press start and select quit game.

I'm guessing this gives the invader an invasion failed message, but I don't know for certain.
    Knight Alundil
    Knight Alundil
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Knight Alundil Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:22 pm

WandererReece wrote:An invasion occures in two stages for the host, if he has no summons.

1) White doors go up, bonfires go down, and white and red soapstones become unusable.

In between the two steps is a short pause. During this pause the host can press start and select quit game.

I'm guessing this gives the invader an invasion failed message, but I don't know for certain.

It makes it comes up with "Disconnected from master of world" as soon as they spawn big grin
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:37 pm

Knight Alundil wrote:
    WandererReece wrote:An invasion occures in two stages for the host, if he has no summons.

It makes it comes up with "Disconnected from master of world" as soon as they spawn big grin
    That impossible, because the game quites BEFORE they arrive. Its start and quit, not PS and quit.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:42 pm

No, it does indeed come up with that message. Once the white door comes up, you cannot hit start and quit. You have to hit the PS/Xbox button and quit game.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:44 pm

No, you simply don't see the Invader arrive into your world, because by that time you'd have already quit the game, but for the Invader he still has to arrive in your Host-less world before the "Disconnected from master of world" message comes up, and he/she is then promptly sent off back home.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:49 pm

Mark the safer option is hit the PS/Xbox button, and then disconnect from the server, as the game then brings you back to the main title screen without any risk of the save file being corrupted.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:49 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:No, it does indeed come up with that message. Once the white door comes up, you cannot hit start and quit. You have to hit the PS/Xbox button and quit game.

I have done this many times. When the doors come up there is a "pause" before the invader and his message appears. Durring that pause you can press start and select quit game from the in game menu before the invader arrives.

If you wait for him to arrive, then this wil not work, and you hvae to press PS.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:51 pm

Gazman0169 wrote:No, you simply don't see the Invader arrive into your world, because by that time you'd have already quit the game, but for the Invader he still has to arrive in your Host-less world before the "Disconnected from master of world" message comes up, and he/she is then promptly sent off back home.

Oh, that makes since.
    Everynevers
    Everynevers
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Everynevers Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:53 pm

Just found out that Super Ornstein can spear grab more than one person in one shot. Was helping out as a SunBro in Anor Londo last night and I got skewered with the host on Ornstein's spear. We were both flailing and it kinda looked like we gave each other a high five right before the lightning charge that throws you off.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:53 pm

Yeah I know Reece, I have hit the pause button but as soon as the white door is there, I cannot quit in my games on the XBox.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:54 pm

You're both right, in so far as that on some occasions an extended delay will allow you to quit the game from the in game menu, but on most occasions (at least from my own personal experience) the only way out is via the PS or Xbox buttons.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:57 pm

Only way out that I've seen is when the white door is disappearing; when the game disconnects you from a possible invader, but before the animation of the white door disappears.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:01 pm

Yes that too, but trust me I've seen and have quit more than enough invasions to know that you are both right.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:07 pm

I would just like to point out that I generally do not make a habit of chickening out of invasions, but there does come a time when uninvited guests are simply not welcome! big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:07 am