Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Marino.
TheBigLebowski
aceluby
Dogwelder
Onion Knight
Knight Alundil
Siegfried.
Kiva the wanderer
GTP_Zodicus
Gazman0169
Naxek
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ViralEnsign_
Argetlam350
WandererReece
Anonymous Proxy
Ghadis_God
BoilerFan8472
Mr. Tart
Rynn
callipygias
justwant2play
27 posters

Do you want the next Souls game to be more similar to Demon or Dark Souls?

justwant2play
    justwant2play
    Addicted
    Addicted

Do you want the next Souls game to be more similar to Demon or Dark Souls? Empty Do you want the next Souls game to be more similar to Demon or Dark Souls?

Post by justwant2play Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:36 pm

I badly miss Demon's Souls. Unfortunately, even though the server is still active I hardly see anyone there (and my character is only at level 90).

I miss the way the world is designed in a breathtaking and creepy way in Demon's Souls. I find the atmosphere in Dark Souls a bit too cliche and uninspiring (how can one compare Blightttown with Valley of Defilement?).

Just wondering if anyone here feels the same way.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Do you want the next Souls game to be more similar to Demon or Dark Souls? Empty Re: Do you want the next Souls game to be more similar to Demon or Dark Souls?

Post by callipygias Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:46 pm

I think Dark and Demon's are similar enough that From should make a big departure from both. There can and should be only one Tower of Latria or Anor Londo.

As long as they don't mess too much with the seamless combat I'll be happy. Miyazaki can do no wrong, as far as I'm concerned.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Do you want the next Souls game to be more similar to Demon or Dark Souls? Empty Re: Do you want the next Souls game to be more similar to Demon or Dark Souls?

Post by Rynn Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:50 pm

I want a game that returns the atmosphere of Demon Souls, without removing the imrprovements of dark souls.

Is it too much to ask for there to not be a sequel?
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:51 pm

I've never played Demons Souls, but from all gameplays i've seen, i'd say i probably would prefer some of the atmospheres in most areas in DS over Dks atmosphere. Other than the atmosphere i think i'd still like Dks. Don't let it fool you though, the atmosphere, to me atleast, is one of the biggest and most important things in games. But too be honest, if another installment to the series was made, i'd have to agree with callipygias. To me, having compared the games from what i've seen of DS, they seem to similar at lots of parts as well, so another installment being totally different in lots of ways would be really cool(as long as it still had that souls feel to it).
    BoilerFan8472
    BoilerFan8472
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BoilerFan8472 Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:27 pm

Demon's souls atmosphere had me on edge the entire game...I prefer that

Dark Souls just is just kind've bland on the atmosphere part. Although Anor Londo is pretty cool
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:04 pm

I think the combat feels better in DkS, not that I've really played demon's all that much but I do like Demons' atmosphere a bit better in places, but in some places it felt a bit cartoony, like 4-1 fighting the vanguard in the courtyard reminded me of so many PS2 games.
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:24 pm

Meh. I just want more Artorias and Gwyn bossfights. I like bosses that don't give you any time to try and heal, and force the pressure on you. The Penetrator was like that, but you could cheese it with Biorr.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:50 pm

Yeah^, thumbs up. I think they should also heal themselves, like that bastard Red Eye Knight in 1-1. Woulda been a nice throwback if you got Artorias down to half health and suddenly he munched a grass.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:51 pm

callipygias wrote:Yeah^, thumbs up. I think they should also heal themselves, like that bastard Red Eye Knight in 1-1. Woulda been a nice throwback if you got Artorias down to half health and suddenly he munched a grass.

No!, Remember Satsuki's red phantom. The katana guy in the entrance to Shrine of Storms. He is impossible to fight legitly because of his grass. I always have to poison him from behind.

Also, lots of stuff in Demon's is in Dark. Once I was going to make a list on here, but it was way too long.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:54 pm

justwant2play wrote:I badly miss Demon's Souls. Unfortunately, even though the server is still active I hardly see anyone there (and my character is only at level 90).

OMG people still play. I thought I was the only one. cheers
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:54 pm

I'd like a mixture of atmosphere from both Demon's and Dark Souls. I think both have great atmosphere's for both games.

Combat of Dark Souls.

More boss soul miracles or spells like Demon's Souls.

Covenant System like Dark Souls but works somewhat better then what they are now and give maybe more to the game depending on the covenant you choose like maybe secret areas in the game. Right now covenants lack reward. But I do prefer covenants over Demon Souls world tendancies.

I'd like to see a knight that's a mixture of the Red Eye Knights from Demon's Souls and Black Knights from Dark Souls, mostly in size. I'd also like to see FROMSOFT impliment what they talked about in one of their interviews which was to have the knights appear randomly throughout the place, as if on patrol so you never know when you'll encounter one. That would be really from.

But really I also hope that they make an entirely new game kind of more then just a sequal to either game, and have that game take what is best from both games and throw in a flare for the new one.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:53 am

I want them to go back to the demons souls look. Lordran is less creepy and eerie than Boletaria
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:00 am

WandererReece wrote:
    callipygias wrote:Yeah^, thumbs up. I think they should also heal themselves, like that bastard Red Eye Knight in 1-1. Woulda been a nice throwback if you got Artorias down to half health and suddenly he munched a grass.

No!, Remember Satsuki's red phantom. The katana guy in the entrance to Shrine of Storms. He is impossible to fight legitly because of his grass. I always have to poison him from behind.

Also, lots of stuff in Demon's is in Dark. Once I was going to make a list on here, but it was way too long.

Speaking of fighting Satsuki...

sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:05 am

patches must return, he is a standby for this series now. i'd just put him in a non skeleton area... and what little data there is on a sequel seems to be something in lordran unless my sources confused the dlc with a sequel...
    Naxek
    Naxek
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Naxek Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:20 am

I really don't think they need to make another game, they have so many cool potential stories they could tell, involving the other nations, they could really just keep developing content for Dark Souls ad infinitum. I only ask that they make co op easier as well. big grin
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:32 am

If it's not broke, don't fix it!

And going with that I would say a DS/DkS hybrid would be in order. Whereby if FROM took the atmos from DS, the improvements from DkS, and simply added them to a new immersive storyline taking in both the lands of Boletaria and Lordran, I would be one happy larry! big grin
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:08 pm

What DoesThePendentDo? wrote:Speaking of fighting Satsuki...

Impressive 8) and only 200 deaths.
    GTP_Zodicus
    Regular
    Regular

Post by GTP_Zodicus Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:35 pm

one thing i hope they do is add more detail to the char creator. It is suprisingly easy to make someone really horriable looksing, and not so easy to make them look good. O and bigger chest for the females and boob giggle. Seriously ima spend 200 some odd hrs with this thing might as well like what i see right happy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Anonymous Proxy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anonymous Proxy Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:26 pm

GTP_Zodicus wrote:one thing i hope they do is add more detail to the char creator. It is suprisingly easy to make someone really horriable looksing, and not so easy to make them look good. O and bigger chest for the females and boob giggle. Seriously ima spend 200 some odd hrs with this thing might as well like what i see right happy

Also, no silly weird designs for the female covers.

"Tattered hair covers" ? really? o_o I know this **** is medieval, but that isn't what they used.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:30 am

GTP_Zodicus wrote:O and bigger chest for the females and boob giggle.happy

Do you want the next Souls game to be more similar to Demon or Dark Souls? 2707236321 Oh brave new world that has such people in it.

Huxley, Why did you have to be right?
    Naxek
    Naxek
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Naxek Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:42 pm

If you ask me the character creator is too detailed, they just need to make a bunch of good looking presets and let us choose. There is such a thing as too much freedom. (Even still, it's better than Demon's souls character creator)
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:50 pm

Honestly i don't see how there's any wrong in too much freedom, i myself love the character creation, but it feels like a lot of things are missing to me, but i still love it. If they were to make yet another sequel without the 'detailed' character creation, i don't know if i would be able to play, cause that ability to decide what my character looks like, the ability to make it more personal really strengthens the enjoyment i have from playing a game. But hey, that's just me. As for the presets, i do agree that you've got a point there, more presets wouldn't hurt, but it sure would give a bigger variety in appearances, not that it matters, most hide their faces behind helmets anyway.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:39 pm

Mr. Tart wrote:Most hide their faces behind helmets anyway.

That's so true. lol!
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:50 pm

justwant2play wrote:I badly miss Demon's Souls. Unfortunately, even though the server is still active I hardly see anyone there (and my character is only at level 90).

I miss the way the world is designed in a breathtaking and creepy way in Demon's Souls. I find the atmosphere in Dark Souls a bit too cliche and uninspiring (how can one compare Blightttown with Valley of Defilement?).

Just wondering if anyone here feels the same way.
    WE NEED MORE demon souls difficulty in PvE the wep selection in DkS a return of more. Balanced MP mechanics and of course. NO DWGR!!
    Naxek
    Naxek
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Naxek Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:01 pm

I can definitely compare blighttown to valley of defilement but neither takes the cake for my least favorite place. I hate The Duke's Archives.

I do agree however that on the whole Demon's Souls could be more punishing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:56 am