Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+31
BIG TIME MASTER
Seignar
EeAyEss
User1
Flubious
Solid Knight
Saturday-Saint
Djem
jankenneth_10
Digitalyzed
Rynn
Shakie666
Reaperfan
Hatsune Miku
X-government-agent
Ruta Barracuda
Emergence
callipygias
butternut86
Tolvo
FexDS
DMC
PlasticandRage
Serious_Much
ICEFANG
tinypantha
Argetlam350
Onion Knight
defacto
vatar5
Hurtlocker14
35 posters

Which game is Harder Demon or Dark souls

Hurtlocker14
    Regular
    Regular

Which game is Harder Demon or Dark souls Empty Which game is Harder Demon or Dark souls

Post by Hurtlocker14 Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:54 pm

I have watched my Fair share of (ENB VIDEOS) which are very insightful, but I based my decision just on how Frustrated I got. In Demon Souls I believe the bosses were easier because you could spam most of them with magic and didnt have the variety of summons like you have in Dark souls. Bosses like the Four Kings in Dark Souls gives everyone one big headache. Demon Souls didn't require all that much strategy because you could spam anything with magic. So hands down I will pick Dark Souls as being the harder game of the two.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Which game is Harder Demon or Dark souls Empty Re: Which game is Harder Demon or Dark souls

Post by vatar5 Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:23 pm

You sir didn't meet the Flamelurker lol!

Hurtlocker14
    Regular
    Regular

Which game is Harder Demon or Dark souls Empty Re: Which game is Harder Demon or Dark souls

Post by Hurtlocker14 Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:28 pm

actually I had an easy time with majority of the bosses on demon souls. the only person who gave me any trouble was old king dorian because i was attempting to fight him head up without the glitches. well also Garl Vinland because i was trying to parry to much
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:32 pm

Well of course with glitches it's gonna be really easy to beat Demons Souls especially with Warding and magic spells.

But from my point of view,Demons Souls is harder with a STR/DEX/FAI build.

The only hard boss fights in Dark Souls for me is the 4 kings and Seath.
    I didn't fight Manus yet B)
    Hurtlocker14
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hurtlocker14 Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:44 pm

Dark Souls to me the bosses took more of you using your mind to find ways to beat them. I seen some videos on youtube where people spammed using magic but I never had that same luck. Demon souls just feels like you can blow by it. With the Moonlight Greatsword you could put a hurting on anymore
    defacto
    defacto
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by defacto Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:46 pm

There are some optional enemies in Demon's Souls who are brutal. They can all be cheesed of course, but if you take them head on they are tough.

The Black Phantoms in Demon's Souls are 100x harder in PBWT than they ever could be in Dark Souls.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:49 pm

vatar5 wrote:

While I agree with your playstyle point you make, don't forget that Faith had regen which could stack a tonne of hp/sec regen which made healing even easier than it already is.
    But good points sir!
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:38 pm

To me Dark Souls. In Demon's Souls I can basically kill all the bosses in one go and it just seems shorter which makes it go by so fast sometimes. I will give credit that the Black Phantoms are stronger but that's more because of the fact that the Black Phantoms have more of a purpose then in Dark Souls. I have only been Gravelorded three times in Dark Souls. Plus really there is no purpose for Black World Tendancy besides the first time you go through and platinum the game other then that majority will go White World which is easier to work with.

I also felt the bosses were tougher in Dark Souls then Demon's Souls. I still can get accidentally get killed by some bosses in Dark ouls(Four Kings is a prime example) while Demon's it's much more rare for me to die.

So ya Dark Souls is tougher to me.
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:52 pm

vatar5 wrote:Well of course with glitches it's gonna be really easy to beat Demons Souls especially with Warding and magic spells.

The only hard boss fights in Dark Souls for me is the 4 kings and Seath.
    I didn't fight Manus yet B)
    Seath is easy chase his left tail and hit the tip of it and he will just spin in circles
    ICEFANG
    ICEFANG
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ICEFANG Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:02 pm

Dark Souls, it is easy for us now, but it has a limited health system, and generally gets harder the farther behind you are (less humanity, less flasks, behind in upgrades). Grass alone makes Demon's Souls easier.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:41 pm

When i first started demons my first playthrough was easy. surprisingly so i went str/dex with enough faith for the cleaver and i found an easyish time out of it, mixing it up between cleaver and sword of searching since they looked the most badass.

I think that they're similar difficulty. But overall the bosses in demon's are easier, while the mobs are much harder in demons due to the lack of poise.

I feel dark is the better of the two though, you can tell demons is the prequel of the two as it's far less polished, though still good. Dark is just better in almost every way in my opinion, though i'd love to be able to get spells from boss souls and have half health hollow again.
    Hurtlocker14
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hurtlocker14 Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:59 pm

Wow im surprised that everyone thinks that Dark Souls is easier. Because the first time I done my demon souls I picked my magic class and used the moonlight great sword and I had no problem at all. The only time i really had concern was against garl vinland
    Hurtlocker14
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Hurtlocker14 Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:59 pm

which again is my favorite character
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:40 am

Rule of thumb. Whichever you played first was harder.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:44 am

Onion Knight wrote:Rule of thumb. Whichever you played first was harder.

I think thats true to a degree, but Demon's had the tendency system, which I think generally made the game a bit more difficult. At the very least getting everything was A LOT more difficult. I don't think the enemies themselves, bosses included, are any more or less difficult in either. All of them can be hard if you don't know what you're doing, and equally as easy if you do.
    DMC
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DMC Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:50 am

I agree that whichever you play first will seem harder.

But I have to laugh when people claim that Demon Souls was easier because you can cheese the bosses. As if you HAVE to (or are supposed to) fire arrows through a fog gate lol.

Plus a lot of the players coming from Dark Souls are not just used to the style of gameplay (which naturally will make DeS seem easier) but they have been reading wikis since day one (you can tell from their description of their first playthrough) and many know of the Thomas dupe which makes the game about 100 times easier.

I get summoned all the time by guys who message me about Dark Souls etc. and some of them complain that DeS is easier. And THEY'RE SUMMONING ME!! I think we can all agree that neither of these games are hard when you summon another player. But DkS went too far with summonable NPCs. But in fairness you don't have to summon these guys but if you don't you lose some of the storylines etc.

I agree that Dark Souls is technically the better game but it's a bit easier in my opinion.
    DMC
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DMC Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:06 am

Although gaving said that I should say that O&S are harder than any boss in DeS.

I reckon 98% of players summon for that boss fight so they're not considered as hard as the 4 Kings. I beat the 4 Kings on my second attempt on my own with no summoning (player or Beatrice). But to be honest I knew to use high poise as I'd read that online before getting there. If I didn't know that it might have taken much longer to figure that out.

I can beat O&S solo now but for a long time I couldn't. Awesome boss fight.

I guess it depends. Dark Souls is a far longer game too so I guess you could argue that in itself increases its difficulty too.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:16 am

Actually DeS and Dark Souls(pre-DLC) have approximately the same amount of boss fights...
    And DeS may be shorter but still has difficult fights like the Adjudicator.
    DMC
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DMC Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:23 am

Oh really? That's surprising. I was just referring to the length of the game and DeS is much shorter.

I do think the bosses in DeS are just as hard in general. In my first playthrough of DeS I died countless times to bosses now considered 'easy'. Yeah easy when you've read how to beat them online and watched youtube videos of how to do it :roll:

I died maybe 10 times to Fool's Idol as I'd no idea about the worshipper in the room above. And don't get my started on my first 'build' and attempts to upgrade my weapons lol.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:48 am

Much shorter I dunno.

The plank shortcut at 5-2 isn't obvious so if you missed it,you need to redo the whole place. (Without regen,it's hell!)
    The lack of checkpoints makes DeS harder and longer if you die often and you don't know all the shortcuts.
    Not everyone knows you can skip 3-2 by jumping around...like in the painted world of Ariamis!
    When I think about it,Dark Souls seems larger but some areas can be compared to a sub world.

The Depthes is just a little bit longer than 1-2 for Exemple.
    DMC
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DMC Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:10 am

Eh...I still don't know you can skip 3-2 by jumping around...:shock: You mean you can skip doing the towers?

Maybe you're right. DkS just seems like a far bigger world spacially and in terms of the time it takes to move through each part.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:57 am

Uuuuh...2-2 excuse me.
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:42 am

I would find it difficult to believe that anyone who picked the original JP release of Demon's believes Dark is harder.

Before the guides, before the wikis, before gamefaqs or anywhere else had any information, jumping into Demon's Souls meant learning everything from zero and having to figure out the entire world. This include non-linear progression and unforgiving upgrade system, as well as punishment for deaths far worse than anything Dark ever threw at us.

Dark Souls has more variety and depth in the the mechanics and the size of the world, however Demon's had the complete "I don't know what I'm doing" for everyone who played at launch. For the sequel? The Gargoyles were quickly defeated by players doing the hands on demo organized by From --> we know how to play now!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:48 am

Serious_Much wrote:When i first started demons my first playthrough was easy. surprisingly so i went str/dex with enough faith for the cleaver and i found an easyish time out of it, mixing it up between cleaver and sword of searching since they looked the most badass.

I think that they're similar difficulty. But overall the bosses in demon's are easier, while the mobs are much harder in demons due to the lack of poise.

I feel dark is the better of the two though, you can tell demons is the prequel of the two as it's far less polished, though still good. Dark is just better in almost every way in my opinion, though i'd love to be able to get spells from boss souls and have half health hollow again.

This is pretty much my opinion, including the talk of spells from bosses. That is such a cool reward for Faith/Mag users, instead of just giving weapons for people they get special spells. Certain animations I also wish had been carried over. I think it's a case of while I like Dark a lot more, I do think Demon's had certain aspects over Dark such as how the character two hands weapons.
    butternut86
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by butternut86 Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:22 pm

I find Demon's Souls harder. Maybe its because I haven't played Demon's in over a year, but after playing Dark Souls for so long, and going back to Demon's, I find it very difficult. When I first played Demon's I didn't know the armor/weapons to get. In Dark Souls I know a lot of great weapons/armor. I still don't know any good weapons/armor in Demon's Souls, that's probably why I'm having a really hard time with it.

I can take on most bosses in Dark Souls and Demon's with relative ease, and I figured out a strategy for all the bosses in Dark Souls. But to this day, I still have a VERY hard time with Maneater and Flamelurker. Both of those bosses still scare the crap out of me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:55 am