Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Uchigatana

Drako1888
    Drako1888

Uchigatana Empty Uchigatana

Post by Drako1888 Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:15 pm

So, I just made a new character, and I am running light armor and fast, dex based weapons (Currently the Uchigatana) I was wondering what the best enchantment would be, or if it were to b e better to just go with +15. And also, what is the best light armor? I am thinking Xanthous, Crimson or Gold-Hemmed.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Uchigatana Empty Re: Uchigatana

Post by RANT Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:18 pm

get your dex to 40(do not go above that) and make it +15, dingy/maiden set and wanderer armor are the best light armors.
    Siegfried.
    Siegfried.
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Siegfried. Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:26 pm

If you want to maximise your raw damage, then just going regular +15 with a high dexterity stat will get you the best results. Split-damage weapons (like divine or elemental weapons) are only worth it if you don't have much strength or dexterity scaling. A +10 divine uchigatana will outdamage a +15 mundane one at 14 strength, 14 dexterity and high faith, but that equation reverses quickly when you stack the dexterity on.

So the question is less about how to do damage, and more about how your build will work. Elemental weapons are the best choice for characters that just want to stack vitality and endurance; divine and occult for faith; magic and enchanted for intelligence. Any other kind of character is best off with the normal path, so usually you want to decide what your abilities will be before committing to anything.

In general, though, I tend to ensure my character has at least three weapons:

• Their main weapon, whatever that happens to be.
    • A divine weapon +5 to ease the skeleton pains.
    • A fire weapon as high as I can take it. They're surprisingly useful.

If you like katanas, you can get an iaito (almost identical to the uchigatana in function) in Blighttown, and it's a great weapon to take down a different upgrade path. Of course, diversifying your three main weapons is a good idea as well, since that means you can pull them out whenever they might be useful.

For instance, skeletons are pretty nimble and jump around a lot. So your divine weapon would benefit from a large, sweeping attack that can catch them as they move about. But enemies that are weak to fire, I find, tend to have trouble actually avoiding attacks, so a thrusting weapon will give you both range and damage against them.

It's ultimately your call on all of this, of course, but more information about your character and the direction you intend to take them would help us help you.
    Drako1888
    Drako1888

Post by Drako1888 Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:39 pm

Well... wasn't expecting a paragraph, but thanks. Appreciate the detail. I think I'm gonna run with +15, and change it up on other playthroughs. I don't really want to run any faith or int. because I don't plan on using magic, but having a divine weapon is always helpful.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:43 am

The Dingy Robe is one of the best light armors in the game, its magic defense is just ridiculous, the Sage Robe has incredible defense for 4.0 weight, and the Wanderer's set has great overall resistance, especially lightning.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:38 am

I went the fire upgrade route with my Uchi and it's pretty good but another time I'll try the +15 normal to see how it compares. I do like katanas though. They suite my style of play more 'cos they're fast.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:57 pm