Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
nhbdy
Midgar
meridam99
sunbro
Wade_Wilson
CrackSouls
Toastfacekillah
Unforseen
GrEeNgObLiN
reim0027
RANT
bloodpixel
strangejoy
17 posters

The Great Scythe is phenomenal in PvP

strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

The Great Scythe is phenomenal in PvP Empty The Great Scythe is phenomenal in PvP

Post by strangejoy Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:52 pm

Just my $.02. The speed, hitbox, and power of this baby always give me trouble no matter what build I'm using. I don't know why it's not the most popular weapon for dex builds. I guess the fact that you have to run to make R1 work is a bit constraining. However, R2 is also solid.

Fyi, I got my @$$ handed to me last night four times by a very skillful great scythe user. If I kept my distance, he'd whittle me away with a hit here and a hit there, and if I tried to get close, I got a WoG to the face. It was very effective. I really need to brush up on my anti-scythe tactics!
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

The Great Scythe is phenomenal in PvP Empty Re: The Great Scythe is phenomenal in PvP

Post by bloodpixel Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:08 pm

It's one of my favorite weapons. It's really sweet. Only reason why I stopped using it was because it got too boring cause I kept winning.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

The Great Scythe is phenomenal in PvP Empty Re: The Great Scythe is phenomenal in PvP

Post by RANT Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:22 pm

yeah, i hate going up against it, cant dodge bleed and those dead angles always get me.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:43 pm

I've wanted to make a GS build. I'm used to heavy hard hitting weapons, so this would be a big change.
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:14 pm

I only uses lifehunt or swap with my great lightning scythe
    Never uses other in pvp
    Unforseen
    Unforseen
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Unforseen Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:19 pm

@GrEeNgObLiN Hmm, Judging by your avatar, you must like the scythe a good bit.
    Toastfacekillah
    Toastfacekillah
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Toastfacekillah Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:39 pm

I use a +5 Chaos GS in my offhand on my dex build. L1 gives you a partial block and L2 a huge arcing horizontal swing. Good for keeping bs hunters off your back.
    CrackSouls
    CrackSouls
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CrackSouls Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:43 am

The Great Scyhte and the Shotel are probably my two favourite weapons! and i'm starting to notice others use it too, AKA Green Goblin and two others I met through FC
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:34 am

I have 3 typo great scythe in mine inventory and 1 lifehunt.
    I usually like to swap scythes in pvp.
    I have +14,lighting +4 and chaos+5 for change
    Dont uses other weapons
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:33 am

Theres a great sythe? O.O Where? I only ever got the lifehunt sycthe.
    sunbro
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sunbro Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:41 am

Yep I've got 3 of them
    1 +15 to buff
    2 +5 lightning
    3 +5 Chaos

Depending on what the attackers wear for armor a swap between them

@wade you can find them in the catacoms after second bonfire go right (before the bridge) and go left use the drop down shortcut
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:45 am

I always use the lifehunt(because high dex) and one of my great scythes for swapping, more range attack
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:39 am

So I guess if I start a thread about hating the Great Scythe, it would be largely ignored. I think it is too OP because I can't use it and others can!
    Midgar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Midgar Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:47 am

I was considering trying this one out but I wasn't sure if I should go with the Great Scythe or the Lifehunt. The base damage is nearly the same when both are upgraded, the real difference is the Lifehunt gets 200 more bleeding, but I think you can enchant the Great Scythe. Can anyone clarify if you can enchant it with the Sunlight or Darkmoon miracle? I don't have either yet so I can't test it out.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:16 pm

Yes, you can enchant it. The great scythe also has better range, which I consider to be one of its chief strengths (awesome hit box). I guess some people really like life hunt, but I consider it inferor to the GS.
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:49 pm

I use both. Depends on your build. I love the bleed
    You must practich a lot to know the moveset. Once u do its a great weapon
    nhbdy
    nhbdy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by nhbdy Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:56 pm

that and lifehunt puts your at a disadvantage if your opponent has a bleed weapon too, as it gives you bleed buildup, you can compensate for it with things like the bloodshield, but that's a shield slot that could've been grass crest, which can be compensated by using the one item, but that's and extra item slot, etc...

in the end it's just preference
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:19 pm

Once u used to the moveset and learn using it it can be a fantastic weapon
    Some people like it some dont
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:01 pm

I think this weapon is quite lovely, I'm surprised at how useful it is now that I've made a character to use it.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:11 pm

Another exclusive scythe user here. My favorite use is in the forest. I use the bloodshield and bloodbite ring typically so I can hack at my leisure. When I need a better shield though I just use the trees. I got double teamed by a dragon covenant and a havel with father's mask. The havel was more aggressive with a lighting zwei (you've all met this guy right?). Anyway, I hugged a tree as my shield was NOT stopping that. The tree did though. Didn't stop me however, A few R2 attacks that chipped him greatly led to the Dragon running in to flush me out. They beat me eventually but I like to think that a little urine hit their undies that night.
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:55 pm

Welcome.. I will see more players using it. Now just practice! Pvp and pve are major difference handling this weapon
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:10 pm

The R1 Normal attack isn't useless, but it's certainly only intended for surprises, the direct up/down movement of it gives a small hitbox, crushing it's versatility, but the range on that skill makes it frightening for any user that didn't expect the attack (paired with it's range that's devastating!), I'm getting most of my use out of the surprisingly fast heavy and running attacks... the damage is just wonderful though.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:55 pm

Also with the r1 attacks come speed. From a solid hit it comes right back to striking position. Miss and....well....not as good
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:58 pm

This seems to be true with every single one of it's attacks, I'm thinking I'll get really good at parrying and go to town on people with ripostes whenever they get too confident.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:23 pm

I fought against a guy with a GS.
    He won, a lot of times, until I finally beat him with ease.

I got no problems with GS users. silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:42 pm