Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
RANT
Fatneckwood
6 posters

Pinwheel, Challenging?

Fatneckwood
    Fatneckwood
    Addicted
    Addicted

Pinwheel, Challenging? Empty Pinwheel, Challenging?

Post by Fatneckwood Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:40 pm

Anybody else thinks he needs a massive health boost? I've Pinwheel for my first boss and it was actually challenging! :affraid: Turns out if you don't upgrade your weapon armor or level Pinwheel is actually one of the more fun/challenging bosses in the game. Shrug
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Pinwheel, Challenging? Empty Re: Pinwheel, Challenging?

Post by RANT Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:43 pm

i always fight him around 15 with unupgraded gear since im ther for the fire weapons and right of kindling and hes really fun to fight. people complain about how weak he is because they o in there with lightning weapons after anor and sl 50.
    Fatneckwood
    Fatneckwood
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Fatneckwood Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:46 pm

I know it's great! Who would have thought Pinwheel being a fun fight? But my question is: If he is meant to be taken on at such an early level, then why did the developers make it so hard for new players get to him?
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:56 pm

People, I've always known Pinwheel was a hard fight when you fight him at the expected level. I know...anyone that stubbornly did the Catacombs at Sl 5 on their first playthrough knows...

It is an interesting fight with him jumping around and making clones. But, the biggest part of the fight is when he hits 20% HP. CLONE SPAM! 1 vs 12!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:58 pm

Fatneckwood wrote:I know it's great! Who would have thought Pinwheel being a fun fight? But my question is: If he is meant to be taken on at such an early level, then why did the developers make it so hard for new players get to him?

FROM are known for trolling, just look at the pendant. but i think they knew that would be one of the first places(tha cats) people would go to since its up to you where to go and i know i went there first which was a major pain in the *** and eventually i ended up going back and going to the castle since that what i though i shouldve done since in demons's its the first thing you do.
    Fatneckwood
    Fatneckwood
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Fatneckwood Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:04 am

Seignar wrote:People, I've always known Pinwheel was a hard fight when you fight him at the expected level. I know...anyone that stubbornly did the Catacombs at Sl 5 on their first playthrough knows...

It is an interesting fight with him jumping around and making clones. But, the biggest part of the fight is when he hits 20% HP. CLONE SPAM! 1 vs 12!

Wow. Kudos to you. That is persistence at its finest. I dont think I could have pulled that off my first playthrough.

reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:30 am

Take uber shortcut. Summon Leeroy. Eat a sammich.
    edgie_za
    edgie_za
    Regular
    Regular

Post by edgie_za Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:02 am

RantFromRant wrote:i always fight him around 15 with unupgraded gear since im ther for the fire weapons and right of kindling and hes really fun to fight. people complain about how weak he is because they o in there with lightning weapons after anor and sl 50.

True, I tackled pinwheel well beyond SL50 with a near fully upgraded weapon. All it took was a few two handed power strikes and pinwheel was sorted. definately think pinwheel would be alot more challenging if dealt with earlier, BUT the way the game has been structured, no one would really want to tackle pinwheel too early, because getting to pinwheel is challenging on it's own.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:41 am

I generally try to do the Tomb of Giants up to Reah as soon as I buy the relevant tip from Lautrec. Binds the story together nicely, and gives you a good reason to go down there relatively early.

I like to do a bit of roleplaying when I can, and my character got kind of pissed off after she returned from ringing the second bell in my last playthrough. "WHAT, Lautrec murdered the Firekeeper and ran off, Petrus murdered Reah, the Crestfallen Warrior runs off soon afterwards and a freakish snake takes their place?"

Anyway, I was over-levelled and equipped way beyond even my over-levelled level, so Pinwheel was still a pushover. Could be an interesting challenge that even fits with the storyline if done right though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:29 am