Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
The Letter X
Hydreigon11
6 posters

Would this be challenging?

Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Would this be challenging? Empty Would this be challenging?

Post by Hydreigon11 Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:27 pm

Recently I was playing Monster Hunter and I though that Dark Souls would be more challenging if it didn't have lock-on. Has anyone tried this before?

Think about it circle stabbing Havel, NO. Circle stabbing Black Knights, NO. Circling anything (all together now) Nooooooo....

Anyway I was wondering if anyone had tried going the whole game without lock on, even against invaders.

Speaking of which what has happened to regular invaders in the early areas, hell even the late areas. I've not been invaded on any of my 4 builds in progress unless I've been in a 'PvP' area like the PW or the township. I miss invaders wrecking my day in the ToG, the Duke's Archives and the depths, please bring more of these peoples. I made an SL20 to wreck invader's days with my fire great scythe and I was invaded by one person - MILDRED.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Would this be challenging? Empty Re: Would this be challenging?

Post by The Letter X Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:31 pm

After I got the Great Scythe, I did my whole NG+ unlocked because I didn't see the point of locking on anymore. I even fought off invaders unlocked.

I can see things being a bit more difficult in the beginning but would eventually come close to evening out. Now that I think about it there may have been no Dragon Head Glitch.
    Sir-flicker
    Sir-flicker
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Sir-flicker Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:20 am

I noticed the drop in invasions..... time to make an invasion greifer watch out peeps
    I have recently been trying to play without lock on. It is pending on the weapon your using. It is a good skill to have specially in pvp, the Great Scythe is a dead angling beast
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:44 am

Hydreigon11 wrote:Recently I was playing Monster Hunter and I though that Dark Souls would be more challenging if it didn't have lock-on. Has anyone tried this before?

Think about it circle stabbing Havel, NO. Circle stabbing Black Knights, NO. Circling anything (all together now) Nooooooo....

Anyway I was wondering if anyone had tried going the whole game without lock on, even against invaders.

Speaking of which what has happened to regular invaders in the early areas, hell even the late areas. I've not been invaded on any of my 4 builds in progress unless I've been in a 'PvP' area like the PW or the township. I miss invaders wrecking my day in the ToG, the Duke's Archives and the depths, please bring more of these peoples. I made an SL20 to wreck invader's days with my fire great scythe and I was invaded by one person - MILDRED.
    I did a whole playthrough without lock-on.... When I did'nt know how to do it. big grin
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:55 pm

It's easy to go for backstabs without circling too, just roll in at the right time. Might be easier, even.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:16 pm

I didn't know how to lock-on when i started, i could backstab, dodge, block and even cast spells, i did that for a pretty long time, and i didn't have much problems.
    I agree that backstabbing is much harder though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:18 am