Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
RANT
XachAttack
WyrmHero
DarkW17
Kolhell
Glutebrah
Lord of Ash
The Letter X
reim0027
lonewolf
ViralEnsign_
vatar5
Razielthemanslayer
17 posters

How do you react to annoying players in the Arena?

Razielthemanslayer
    Addicted
    Addicted

How do you react to annoying players in the Arena? Empty How do you react to annoying players in the Arena?

Post by Razielthemanslayer Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:06 am

Most of the time I end my matches with a "Very Good" carving to my opponent wheter I win of loose, but sometimes my opponent abuses crystal magic weapons, power within, twops and dark magic and worst if they taunt you after your defeat.

When that Happens I usually speed up and backstab their aashketchum until the session ends.

these some little heartwarming stories.

A guy who abussed buffs, backstabs and dark magic destroyed me, I bowed at the end but he pointed down on me, I backstabbed him until the session wore off xD

a guy in full giants and dragonslayer spear with dark magic, he bowed at the end and I chain backstabbed him until I could see him no longer. XD

Obviously this is harmless, but atleast it lets me cope with the cheating. xD I do know the difference between actual skill and cheating.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

How do you react to annoying players in the Arena? Empty Re: How do you react to annoying players in the Arena?

Post by vatar5 Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:58 am

I play honorable first,always.
    But if I an unhonorable guy troll me,the next time I see him,I'll use his own tactics on him to show him how his victims feel and it usually works...most of the time.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

How do you react to annoying players in the Arena? Empty Re: How do you react to annoying players in the Arena?

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:14 am

I dont like to play with people who abuse these things I normally would just crystal out, call me coward but I dont give a damn. I thought the area was gonna be the lets have nice duels and play with honour.....nope its the dirtiest hive of scum and villainy known to dark souls.
    lonewolf
    lonewolf
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lonewolf Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:40 am

thedlc has really brought out the worst in most people
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:24 am

If he fights like a jackwagon, I'll either: crystal out (if there is time), turn away from him and go do some Skype chatting, or just deal with it and block him after we are done.

I'm with Viral on this one. I don't have time to humor trolls. I have things to do, and there are good people to fight out there. Coward? No. Impatient? Yes.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:44 am

reim0027 wrote:If he fights like a jackwagon, I'll either: crystal out (if there is time), turn away from him and go do some Skype chatting, or just deal with it and block him after we are done.

I'm with Viral on this one. I don't have time to humor trolls. I have things to do, and there are good people to fight out there. Coward? No. Impatient? Yes.

Good to know im not alone.

I really would love to mess up one of these guys day by ending their streak but in the end spears and Darkmagic are extremely difficult for me to counter as I dont play dark souls all that much anymore.... instead I say screw it and just leave.

Deathmarch is amazing though. because its free for all it doesnt matter if you win or not.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:05 am

I just deal with it. I don't like people quitting on me so I don't quit on them, even if they're using the dirtiest tricks in the book.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:11 am

Its not cheating to play dirty now that the patch has dropped only the modders can cheat its cheap but as someone once told me its a part of the games mechanics
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:01 am

it doesn't matter what you do after the match, he won, he got his streak. so just best to ignore him.

i avoid arena because i hate turtles.
    Kolhell

Post by Kolhell Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:59 am

If someone wants to be an ******* then you're really better off just setting the controller down and letting him win. Douchebaggery begets douchebaggery, and every time you get revenge by stooping to your opponents level you are perpetuating a cycle. YOU may remember HIM, specifically, because of some shady tactics that he used, but does he remember you? Or by being a douchebag in return are you merely adding to his illusion that playing like he does is the only way to win? Every time you get revenge he wins. It's how evil works, be it big or small.

Always be honorable in the arena. ALWAYS. WITHOUT EXCEPTION. If you happen to run into somebody who trolled you previously then bow, show him your back, and put your controller down until the match ends. If that player thinks his win streak is more important than fighting with honor then give him his win streak. I promise you that if more people follow this philosophy he will eventually get bored and either leave the arena or begin to wonder why nobody puts up a fight and, god forbid, learn something in the process. Either way you win.

Also my apologies if this post isn't as well-written as it ought to be. It's 11am and I think I'm still drunk from last night >_>;;
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:04 pm

Ya I mean I thought the arena was going to be a fun dueling spot....but putting that stupid win streak in just brings the try hard out in most people IMO

I heard right away people were going all out so I knew what to expect atleast....I just don't see how its fun being a chump just for a silly win streak!

I fought the now #1 guy in the 100 arena twice....this guy is terrible and just a chump I pwned him with melee till he was all but dead while he spammed prusuers like a mad man...he must have gone to NG++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ to get that many prusuers lol....he finally got me with a ohko lag magic combo then ran like a terrified child till the matched ended....same the 2nd time is that really winning?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:26 pm

Lord of Ash wrote:Its not cheating to play dirty now that the patch has dropped only the modders can cheat its cheap but as someone once told me its a part of the games mechanics

I'm with this. What I don't like about the arena is that once they got a win they turtle the whole fight, which is incredibly annoying and frustrating. Apart from that, only cheap tactic I hate is chain backstab and roll bs fishing, because they're incredibly difficult to counter/avoid. I'm actually glad that sorcery got viable PvP spells, it was the only school of magic that all of its spells were difficult to connect in PvP.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:39 pm

the arena to some people is not about honor when the romans fought in the colessium they did not fight with honor like some kind of british duel its about battle and conquering your enemies or die trying thay is a type of honor giving it your all and winning or losing but showing respect after you win or lose. No sending hate mail saying they have no honor and insulting them that in itself is not honorable, and no posting so and so has no honor because they beat you in a way you did not know how to counter
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:47 pm

WyrmHero wrote:
    Lord of Ash wrote:Its not cheating to play dirty now that the patch has dropped only the modders can cheat its cheap but as someone once told me its a part of the games mechanics

I'm with this. What I don't like about the arena is that once they got a win they turtle the whole fight, which is incredibly annoying and frustrating. Apart from that, only cheap tactic I hate is chain backstab and roll bs fishing, because they're incredibly difficult to counter/avoid. I'm actually glad that sorcery got viable PvP spells, it was the only school of magic that all of its spells were difficult to connect in PvP.

Now,Dark Magic mostly OS :face:

No seriously,when I get troll'd,I troll back.
    Not for pride but to teach them how the troll'd feel so he repents on his way of playing.
    That's the idealist idea,troll so they don't troll anymore.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:30 pm

So basically, the arena isn't worth it cuz it's filled with stupid assholes?

I'm a bit new to pvp and I was waiting for this feature to come with much excitement so that I could learn how to fight against stuff more effectively, only to find it's filled with **** like this.

I've got 3 100's rarin' to go and a 4th on the way, should I just make them 120's again since the arena doesn't seem worth it.

EDIT/Sidenote: Despite how the post might be read, I'm not raging. Just asking a general question.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:45 pm

Leaderboards and streaks ruined what could've been something good and what's this best out of three bs? Weak.
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:45 pm

The best way to learn to PvP in my opinion, or the one that is working for me, is to find someone else and go to the Forest. One of you hosts and the other is summoned, and then you take turns fighting the invaders.... while one fights the other watches, and if the invader is an abominable BS fisher or any other kind of unsavory type, you two gank him.
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

How do you react to annoying players in the Arena? Empty Basic pvp training tactic

Post by Lord of Ash Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:47 pm

CaligoIllioneus wrote:The best way to learn to PvP in my opinion, or the one that is working for me, is to find someone else and go to the Forest. One of you hosts and the other is summoned, and then you take turns fighting the invaders.... while one fights the other watches, and if the invader is an abominable BS fisher or any other kind of unsavory type, you two gank him.

This is an acceptable training tactic as long as it stays in the forest
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:49 pm

Lord of Ash wrote:
    CaligoIllioneus wrote:The best way to learn to PvP in my opinion, or the one that is working for me, is to find someone else and go to the Forest. One of you hosts and the other is summoned, and then you take turns fighting the invaders.... while one fights the other watches, and if the invader is an abominable BS fisher or any other kind of unsavory type, you two gank him.

It's a fair tactic for any place.

Sinners must be punished by sinning back and reflect on their infamy Praise the Sun
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:52 pm

vatar5 wrote:
    Lord of Ash wrote:

It's a fair tactic for any place.

Sinners must be punished by sinning back and reflect their infamy How do you react to annoying players in the Arena? 639795459

No its not ganking is only acceptible in the forest backstabbing and spaming is done anywhere while unsavery it is to be epected in every fight while ganking is acceptible only in the forest or elese there would be gankers everytime you invaded anywhere
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:56 pm

I'll keep that in mind then, thanks guys.

120's here I come!
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:58 pm

Ganking someone who BS fishing with Hornet ring when you gave him a chance to be fair doesn't seem to be unacceptable.

This is why,as a DMB bro,I sometimes uses unfair tactics against people who uses unfair tactics Praise the Sun

Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:06 pm

In darksouls really the only thing unfair is to mod or glitch if someone uses unfair tactics you use strategy try to seperate the host and phantom or wait for them to split up and look for you the Ko the host or wait for an invader to come and tag team
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:09 pm

WyrmHero wrote:

Ya it is good that there is viable spells for sure....the only issue I have with pursuers is lag they seems to get you A LOT when they shouldn't.....then you got the guy constantly rushing you with a CMW buffed BSS hitting you from across the arena....why would the lag change tho its to be expected but a OHKO spell chasing you is pretty scary for sure!

Mostly it comes down to your internet speed 90% of the dark magic isn't problem I can dodge it all againts most people...then I meet a guy like the leader I meantioned and ill be mid roll and take a ohko spell its pretty lame!

My main issue I have is the turtle/run away like a baby and hide when you win mentalitiy I keep running into tho!
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:14 pm

Lord of Ash wrote:In darksouls really the only thing unfair is to mod or glitch if someone uses unfair tactics you use strategy try to seperate the host and phantom or wait for them to split up and look for you the Ko the host or wait for an invader to come and tag team

Then according to ya,ganking isn't unfair and is acceptable everywhere. :/

My motto is "If you get troll'd,troll back so they think about the troll"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:16 pm