Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
RANT
XachAttack
WyrmHero
DarkW17
Kolhell
Glutebrah
Lord of Ash
The Letter X
reim0027
lonewolf
ViralEnsign_
vatar5
Razielthemanslayer
17 posters

How do you react to annoying players in the Arena?

DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

How do you react to annoying players in the Arena? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you react to annoying players in the Arena?

Post by DarkW17 Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:16 pm

XachAttack wrote:I'll keep that in mind then, thanks guys.

120's here I come!

Keep a couple 100's and go there for fun....just know its a pretty try hard place....you will run into a lot of decent guys(like me) who don't really care about a win streak....don't get me wrong I'm there to win but not to the extent of some people!

I am going to bring a couple 120's to the township and do a lot of pvp there its a fun spot!
    Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

How do you react to annoying players in the Arena? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you react to annoying players in the Arena?

Post by Lord of Ash Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:19 pm

vatar5 wrote:
    Lord of Ash wrote:In darksouls really the only thing unfair is to mod or glitch if someone uses unfair tactics you use strategy try to seperate the host and phantom or wait for them to split up and look for you the Ko the host or wait for an invader to come and tag team

Then according to ya,ganking isn't unfair and is acceptable everywhere. :/

My motto is "If you get troll'd,troll back so they think about the troll"

Ganking doesnt bother me at all I just hate when people complain or call anything they cant beat cheating so a designated spot for dirty playing (the forest) will hopefully cut down on that I mean when you go into the forest at night you better be ready for an unfair fight
    StockpileThomas
    StockpileThomas
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by StockpileThomas Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:22 pm

I set the controller down and smoke a J...

I play this game for fun, not to win, and if other players are hellbent on raising their streaks at the cost of playing like a turd, then they can have it.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:35 pm

StockpileThomas wrote:I set the controller down and smoke a J...

I play this game for fun, not to win, and if other players are hellbent on raising their streaks at the cost of playing like a turd, then they can have it.

Lol im with ya on that one bro 8)

I work my azz off all day and want to have a chill evening.....getting all bent outta shape over a win streak isn't very relaxing....it pretty funny when you get a win on someone who does have 1 going tho....they start trying so hard to beat me I can feel the rage xD

Last edited by DarkW17 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:43 pm

^Me too x)

They start to love watching my back when I'm winning:

Alright you win bra...can you show me your back pretty please?What?You're uncomfortable with my dagger and my hornet ring?Come on bra,what can happen?I just wanna look at your baaaaaaack...
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:49 pm

Lord of Ash wrote:the arena to some people is not about honor when the romans fought in the colessium they did not fight with honor like some kind of british duel its about battle and conquering your enemies or die trying thay is a type of honor giving it your all and winning or losing but showing respect after you win or lose. No sending hate mail saying they have no honor and insulting them that in itself is not honorable, and no posting so and so has no honor because they beat you in a way you did not know how to counter

except no one tries to conquer their enemy, they turtle for 3 mins straight to get a draw, they don't die trying to get that win.
    ted1023
    ted1023
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ted1023 Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:40 pm

I am sooo guilty of pissing people off on purpose. If during the fight they start spamming or just charging like mad men.. What I will do is try to get the first or second kill.. The just run around and have them chase me. They so desperately want the win the go crazy trying to catch me..lol. When the 1 min mark comes them I stop running and have some fun. Some people never really take the time to realize the arena has an upper level and a back section.. I just run around there till they find me. I don't mind losing especially if it's going to make me laugh. Now if the guy seem to be a fair dueler then I'll just go toe to toe and enjoy a good match.

I had one guy spam GC the whole time, so I just Bsed him for the first kill. Then when he dropped I ran to the upper level and stood there till he figured out where I was.. After he lost he sent me a message complaining I was too much of a noob to fight.. So next round I beat him again without running .. Funny he had nothing to say then..lol
    Kolhell

Post by Kolhell Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:56 pm

vatar5 wrote:My motto is "If you get troll'd,troll back so they think about the troll"
    Windmills do not work that way.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:08 pm

Kolhell wrote:
    vatar5 wrote:My motto is "If you get troll'd,troll back so they think about the troll"
    Windmills do not work that way.

Fortunately,most people aren't plain windmill after raging.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:29 pm

DarkW17 wrote:
    WyrmHero wrote:
    Lord of Ash wrote:Its not cheating to play dirty now that the patch has dropped only the modders can cheat its cheap but as someone once told me its a part of the games mechanics

I'm with this. What I don't like about the arena is that once they got a win they turtle the whole fight, which is incredibly annoying and frustrating. Apart from that, only cheap tactic I hate is chain backstab and roll bs fishing, because they're incredibly difficult to counter/avoid. I'm actually glad that sorcery got viable PvP spells, it was the only school of magic that all of its spells were difficult to connect in PvP.

Ya it is good that there is viable spells for sure....the only issue I have with pursuers is lag they seems to get you A LOT when they shouldn't.....then you got the guy constantly rushing you with a CMW buffed BSS hitting you from across the arena....why would the lag change tho its to be expected but a OHKO spell chasing you is pretty scary for sure!

Mostly it comes down to your internet speed 90% of the dark magic isn't problem I can dodge it all againts most people...then I meet a guy like the leader I meantioned and ill be mid roll and take a ohko spell its pretty lame!

My main issue I have is the turtle/run away like a baby and hide when you win mentalitiy I keep running into tho!

If you're med-rolling you should have a good shield DW. Blocking Pursuers hits you for around 200 damage, still high but effective. I still have difficulty fast rolling through them since they won't explode through the fast roll's i-frames (or I haven't figured how to do it). I have tried fast rolling and had to roll for about 5 times till they fade away lol. You can also lure them to a wall edge or pillar and use it as cover. But a good shield (Crest Shield is the best) can save you from OHKO.
    Infighter
    Infighter
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Infighter Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:40 pm

If i get lag-stabbed or I see him strafing for more backstabs.I just whip out my Tin Cryst Catalyst Roll out cast pursuers and dark bead.

Next time they will think before lag stabbing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 8:33 pm