Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
DarkW17
RANT
6 posters

jagged/ghost blade

RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

jagged/ghost blade Empty jagged/ghost blade

Post by RANT Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:31 pm

so i was looking at my secondary weapon for my archer build and i wanted to go with the ghost blade becasue i remember them having a C in dex and not beign too op in the beginning but wtf? when i looked at them they have an E in str and no dex requirements. did the patch change this? cause i remember not beign able to use them in all my str builds which ive alwyas wanted to use and i will be using them from now on.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

jagged/ghost blade Empty Re: jagged/ghost blade

Post by DarkW17 Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:45 pm

Nah it did before the patch its a very strange weapon Rant...PG/tracer ect all have E str A Dex our whatever but it only has the str scaling.....very odd and that R2 is great its a pretty funny attack and not many people use it!!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:49 pm

wtf? i am sure it needed more than 9 dex on one of them, weird. damnit accept the invite i sent you btw.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:55 pm

well i dont know about the ghost blade but the jagged one I am sure had super low stat requirements and only E str scaling!

Lol i did last night shortly after i missed ya.....you gotta stay on later winking
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:57 pm

the wife wanted the tv and we had to get up early to take the lil man for a haloween party in the morning.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:04 pm

I know how that goes bro....best thing i ever bought was a LED tv for our bedroom(got a unfinished basement)...gets me alot more DKS time winking

I got some halloween stuff on the go tonight but hopefully we can catch up soon...I got a new 100 str toon i want to duel ya with...its only 40 str(i know its no leeroy) but i got 18 dex for BK weapons...pretty solid build i love the BK halbert!!!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:17 pm

bk hal is pretty sweet. i actually just made a bk build sl 99 whihc i kinda like. and i also made an sl 99 40 str too whihc im using the most right now and a stone ggaxe build which im having so muc fun with invading the forest.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:50 pm

How is the stone Gaxe? I assume you can only 2H it right pretty sure it needs over 40?

God I hate getting a parry then having to switch to 2H and missing it lol!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:58 pm

my build has 50 str and 10 dex, i went with 50 cause i wnated to use havel's shield since its only two more points so might as well go for it. i have been fat rolling with it and ive been doing ok with it, even in the forest lol. if i wanna fast roll i gotta be naked or a dragon and nothing else, not even a dark hand which is kinda fun. compared to the dga its not as strong and less reach, im thinking about just sticking with my dga build but the stone axe does have a better moveset for sure.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:37 pm

Lol Rant nice work dude that's a sweet build....'Can't even stat a daek hand' lmfao
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:20 pm

i can just block with the axe and parry with my fist which is the same as the dark hand anyway. lately i have been using the server build to invade the forest and i have been having so much fun ohkoing with rtssr with it.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:28 am

wtf? so i just looked at them and basically we have a semi str based dagger and a curved sword. why the hell didnt i know this? i though they were both daggers, i wanna test if the jagged ghost blade breaks 31 poise since its a curved sword, this might turn out to be my secondary weapon.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:58 am

As far as I've known it they've always scaled with Strength. Very poorly though, an E rating, I think.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:19 am

i know, they kinda suck but i wanted to know if jagged's poise break point is 31, anyone knows?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:59 pm

I'm actually about to start some experimenting with the JGB. It just occurred to me that as a thrusting weapon, and not only that but a weapon that does a rapid succession of thrusts, you could pair it with the Leo Ring and, with a little practice, land rapid successions of Leo Ring enhanced criticals and most likely cause bleed to trigger at the same time. I'm not sure how effective it'll be yet, but how awesome would that be? Especially as a secondary equip surprise weapon.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:17 pm

Dude the silver tracker has a thrust attack that does toxin, try that.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:24 pm

Does it now? I'm going to try both. What I like about the JGB though is that it does several quickly, so you wouldn't have to spend as much time mastering the Leo Ring timing, because chances are you're going to land at least one of those hits in the perfect window. I'd actually think it'd be even better in that case if it doesn't break poise, because instead of interrupting the swing immediately you could keep landing them and getting the damage increase. Possibly catch an attack in the process but if you manage to transmit bleed at the same time and can survive the attack you take then I'd think it'd be worth it.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:35 pm

The problem with the Jagged Ghostblade R2 is that it leaves you extremely vulnerable while you're using it. You're stuck in a relatively long animation, and it's very clearly telegraphed as well. It's very easy for another player to escape the wrath of the JGB, and even against enemies in PVE the timing tends to be difficult to pull off.

That's my experience with it, anyway. If you've managed to find an efficient strategy with the R2, I'd be interested in hearing about it.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:46 pm

Liberally wouldn't use them since the damage will suck unless you're going for the bleed which is pretty good but I would not use the Leo ring.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:53 pm

Well I'm not claiming it's a viable tactic yet, because I haven't tried it yet. It's still just a theory. Also I don't intend to use it as a main weapon. I'm looking for something small and fast and surprising to use as a secondary weapon for my Zweihander build. Something I can pull out quick if someone is trying to parry me or is just too fast for my slow GS. I'm looking into a bunch of different things, but I'll post my results in trying to use the JGB in this way if anyone other than myself in interested in seeing them.

^That's the whole idea of trying it with the Leo Ring. To make the damage not suck. Especially in combination with bleed. If you can set off both things in one chain of attacks then you could probably kill a higher level enemy with just those attacks. 3 or 4 Leo Ring enhanced criticals chained together setting off 30% bleed damage is a big chunk of health.

Especially if you're using it as a secondary to a bigger weapon like the Zwiehander. Pull off something like I just described and your enemy doesn't die they're probably going to have such low health after that you could just clock them with your bigger weapon maybe once and put them down.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:01 pm

From what I've tested the damage sucks and I don't see it getting better with the Leo ring. I tested this on the forest where everyone is high sl and have 99 humanity.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:31 pm

Of course the Leo ring would make it better. It might not be super viable at high SL, but it'll still increase it's damage output. At any rate I'll post my findings. I think I'm going to stick with +15 standard just to get more out of the Leo ring. I know it scales for crap anyway, but as a build with 40 STR I'll probably get more out of it that way than if I went elemental. Wouldn't you think?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:43 pm

You can only make it +5 it's so weak it's not even worth I dude. Just ty a halberd or something else that's actually good.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:08 pm

Oh I didn't realize it's a Twinkling upgrade. I'm still going to try. Obviously you're not interested. That's fine.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:00 pm

They are both underwhelming. Even at +5 the jagged gb takes two hits to kill a ghost in the firts playthrough, the bleed buildup is also average. The gb has a nice critical modifier, but the scaling is just too low to make any impact.

I wish the ghost weapons would ignore poise if you are either cursed or use a transient curse, since this is how they act when the ghosts wield them. Come to think of it, I have never tried this against online players, only against pve enemies.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:18 am