Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Ghadis_God
Shindori
TheAshenPhantom
Mr. Tart
PlasticandRage
Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
10 posters

The Soul of Artorias

Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Dark Spirit EliteBiker20
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

The Soul of Artorias Empty The Soul of Artorias

Post by Dark Spirit EliteBiker20 Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:15 pm

How come Cairian (spelling?) wants the soul of Artorias? It seems odd to want to give it to her/him.

In the view of weapons/armor, its pointless to give it away, because Cairian will go away after you leave the area, and that leaves you with two weapons but no armor. If you kill her, which is better in my opinion, you get his/her armor and weapons, plus you can get the Artorias sword.

In the view of lore, well......... I dont know much about lore, so if someone could explain, that would be good.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

The Soul of Artorias Empty Re: The Soul of Artorias

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:41 pm

It seemed to me, just through her? dialog and actions that she and Arty had something going on the side. It could just be that he was kind of a mentor to her, I think she brings up something along those lines, but like I said, I got the impression that there was some kind of a romantic thing going on there. I'd think she just wants the soul for sentimental reasons, or maybe to preform some kind of proper death ritual as a sign of respect that requires the soul
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:49 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:It seemed to me, just through her? dialog and actions that she and Arty had something going on the side. It could just be that he was kind of a mentor to her, I think she brings up something along those lines, but like I said, I got the impression that there was some kind of a romantic thing going on there. I'd think she just wants the soul for sentimental reasons, or maybe to preform some kind of proper death ritual as a sign of respect that requires the soul

This.

As for benefits, i think the reason you can give it would be for the emotional feeling it gives. Y'know that feeling you get when you know you've done something nice? Yeah. I like that feeling...

Killed her though. Shrug
    TheAshenPhantom
    TheAshenPhantom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by TheAshenPhantom Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:39 am

Mr. Tart wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:It seemed to me, just through her? dialog and actions that she and Arty had something going on the side. It could just be that he was kind of a mentor to her, I think she brings up something along those lines, but like I said, I got the impression that there was some kind of a romantic thing going on there. I'd think she just wants the soul for sentimental reasons, or maybe to preform some kind of proper death ritual as a sign of respect that requires the soul

This.

As for benefits, i think the reason you can give it would be for the emotional feeling it gives. Y'know that feeling you get when you know you've done something nice? Yeah. I like that feeling...

Killed her though. The Soul of Artorias 3358384175

Why am I not suprised? The Soul of Artorias 3358384175 XD
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:22 am

TheAshenPhantom wrote:
    Mr. Tart wrote:

This.

Killed her though. The Soul of Artorias 3358384175

Why am I not suprised? The Soul of Artorias 3358384175 XD
    The Soul of Artorias 3358384175EEEEEEEEY just cuz.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:29 am

Ciaran and Arty were totally getting it on, despite the fact that he's twice her size. If you kill her, she says a line right before she fades away that isn't even subtitled; "My dear Artor....".
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:29 am

She goes away after you say no, twice. I went back to trade and poof, gone now.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:54 am

Who knows? The Soul of Artorias 3596227959

All she got though was a face-full of my +15 Zwiehander, as there was no way I was going to let that sweet armor set go! :evil:

It was pretty heartless even by my standards, as after pummeling her to death, I calmly threw down the 'I'm sorry!" carving, did a quickThe Soul of Artorias 3596227959, and proceeded to loot her lifeless corpse! twisted

When it comes to Dark Souls I do not do sentimental emotion or empathy! lol
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:51 am

Without wiki or forums, without KNOWING if you would get her armor by killing her, would you have? My first encounter, i didn't know. Was playing spoiler free. So i gave it to her. Thinking it would be a good option. And, i felt bad. The whole fight with artorias i wanted a "lets be friends" carving.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:02 am

In all honesty, probably yes, as I tend to strike first and think later, especially if I like the look of what they're wearing, but will do the complete opposite on the next run just in case my actions have caused me to miss something. twisted

As for the Artorias fight, I would of preferred to have a 'Just let me pass in peace!' carving, as the guy absolutely crucifies me. lol
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:23 am

Gazman0169 wrote:In all honesty, probably yes, as I tend to strike first and think later, especially if I like the look of what they're wearing, but will do the complete opposite on the next run just in case my actions have caused me to miss something. twisted

As for the Artorias fight, I would of preferred to have a 'Just let me pass in peace!' carving, as the guy absolutely crucifies me. lol

Looks like you and me are on the same page, Gazman. I've heard that the lady asks for Arty's soul and I am in a quandary as to what to do. If she is as tough as Artorias to fight I just might give in (dis)gracefully and walk away, fancy suit of armour be damned.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:29 am

Morning Slake, it's alright she's no where near as hard (I finally beat ol Art in the early hours of this morning big grin), but be warned
    Spoiler:
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:34 pm

Nice one, Gaz ( do you mind me calling you Gaz?). I'll remember that.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:38 pm

I don't think she's really any harder than fighting any other NPC. She can cause you to bleed too, but if you throw on some heavy armor, or a heavy shield, you'll just blast right through her
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:27 pm

Is the armour any good or is it just cool?
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:01 pm

It's good. Like all armour it depends on how you play, but yeah, the armour is good.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:43 pm