Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

is poise really a must for PVP?

zivbu9
    Casual
    Casual

is poise really a must for PVP? Empty is poise really a must for PVP?

Post by zivbu9 Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:16 pm

recently i have been making quiet a few builds, and one thing i noticed (ecpesily with strengh builds) that it is almost impossible to reach the 40 poise limit with fast rolling. so my quesion is: is it really that importment to have at least 40 poise? and can you survive PVP with 0 poise?
    OmniBot
    OmniBot
    Regular
    Regular

is poise really a must for PVP? Empty Re: is poise really a must for PVP?

Post by OmniBot Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:27 pm

The wolf ring is pretty much a must for fast rolling builds that want good poise now. However, having 53 poise is not nearly as important as it used to be, as two handed greatswords can no longer stunlock people to death. 0 poise is much more viable now, and I think 31 (two handed straight swords, curved swords, katanas, spears, halberds) or 36 (one handed hammers, axes, greatswords, curved greatswords) will be enough for most builds.
    DarkW17
    DarkW17
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by DarkW17 Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:29 pm

Lol I have a sl 100 that has 53 poise and can fast roll with the BKGA....reaching the proper poise shouldnt be hard!

Its not a must but it really depends on what kind of weapon your using...if you need to exchange blows ect then yes....it your going for an evasive style with quick attacks then no...40 isn't a break point for anything tho I'd reach 53 its pretty easy!
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:38 pm

stop using the favor ring, sadly str builds now kinda need havel's ring if you wnat some poise which id rather not have a lot of since im good with 40 poise but if you really wanna get some good poise just do this http://tinyurl.com/ajgqgmx its the build i use the most.
    zivbu9
    Casual
    Casual

Post by zivbu9 Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:47 pm

i mean high poise while using really heavy strengh weapons (greataxe is nothing, im talking about stone greataxe and demon's greataxe for example). it seems almost impossible to fast roll with those things while having a decent amount of poise (and ofcourse a decent amount of health).
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:53 pm

i can get 53 oise with the DGM, but for an sl99 to be able to use the stoneaxe you need to sacrifice a lot of vit but relly you might as well med or fat roll with it and get tons of poise, i have a fat roller that uses the stoneaxe and it kicks ***, i laught every time someone tries to bs me and get stunlocked to death because of it.

edit; heres my build http://tinyurl.com/a6zapdr

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:04 am