Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
vatar5
LoreFF
lorenzo110
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
argotthar
ChaosMoogle
Ghadis_God
reim0027
FruitPunchNinja
13 posters

Deathmatch Arena Event!

FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Deathmatch Arena Event!  Empty Deathmatch Arena Event!

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:56 pm

The Deathmatch arena is a ghost town...It is SO MUCH FUN! It is almost only Japanese players right now, which is cool but of course can be incredibly laggy. I think the forum should have an event where we make use of the Deathmatch arena(SL 100?). It is such a ghost town it should be no problem getting matches with each other.

It really is a shame everyone only pays attention to the duels cause they want to get streaks for the leaderboard(which is fine). I just wish people saw how fun 2vs2 and Deathmatch is, and the time limit actually makes a hell of a lot more sense in those modes and isn't as annoying. Also your build does not NEED heal, and getting off a heal is a lot more difficult. Everyone says they don't use it cause it is dead(the wait), but it is like that cause no one uses it.

I don't think we should have it be a tournament, just have it be for fun. Maybe have it this weekend, or friday. Unless no one has an issue with it being during the week. I just want to make sure everyone knows about it.

So....what do ya say? Deathmatch event?! cheers

Last edited by FruitPunchNinja on Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    reim0027
    reim0027

Deathmatch Arena Event!  Empty Re: Deathmatch Arena Event!

Post by reim0027 Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:31 pm

Hell yeah. I love FFAs. I'm down for this. I know there is a way to organize the arena so we know who is going to be in the match. But, I know know how. Tourney of just for fun??
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:33 pm

This sounds fun, I'm in for an event.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:44 pm

I'm going to re name the topic, and change the op.
    ChaosMoogle
    ChaosMoogle
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ChaosMoogle Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:19 pm

I'd be up for this. My covenant will be making use of the 2v2/FFA Arenas as well (once we have enough members!) happy
    argotthar
    argotthar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by argotthar Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:16 pm

I'm in too, just let me get one SL100 to Oolacile, two that were ready for it got upgraded to SL120 for Forest...
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:23 pm

i've got a few that can go, their in their 80-70's but they do well enough as is, guess i'll bring my str build as i doubt i'll need my anti mage official...
    lorenzo110
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by lorenzo110 Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:17 pm

I find the 2v2 and all out war portions of the arena amazing and pure fun. Unlike the 1v1 which is ok but ruined by that rediculous score board. Thats why when I 1v1 at the arena I always reset after my first win at the bonfire then go back into 1v1. But at 2v2 I just go crazy and really enjoy myself. To me its more of a rush doing the 2v2 and all out war parts then the 1v1. Guess because Im so used to 1v1 for the most part its just great to experiance a whole different aspect of the game. Just my opin.
    LoreFF
    Casual
    Casual

Post by LoreFF Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:05 am

sounds fun im in as soon as i get my new char (must have deleted and restarted 10 about now grrr ) up to adescent level. Perhaps this time ill actually get past sens fortress:lol:
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:14 am

I'm in!
    Death match is awesome when it is not only about backstabs o/
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:08 am

Kind of a let down that only a few of the normal FC crew have shown interest.... Oh well.

Also, i guess we could ban things(i don't think we should). I think that is one of the more fun aspects of deathmatch, even if one person is doing a bunch of cheap tactics or just going for bs on everyone then it just pretty much becomes a 3vs1 if everyone else gets irritated enough. Plus unlike 1vs1 and even 2vs2 it isn't just a clear cut this person won and this person lost. 3 people lose, one person wins. I find it hard to get upset when there's 2 other people who lost with me, ya know. It is just more fun, and i actually welcome everyone going all out with tactics and not thinking too much about if it is cheap or not.
    argotthar
    argotthar
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by argotthar Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:28 pm

vatar5 wrote:I'm in!
    Death match is awesome when it is not only about backstabs o/

Khm, khm, please, pleaaaaaaase don't turn your back to me, I don't think I could pass that opportunity winking
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:43 pm

Yea, i actually think backstabs are a big part of deathmatch. It is the main thing that keeps you from focusing on one person. you can't just spam r1 and focus your attention on one person, you have to always be watching your back. That is what makes deathmatch so epic.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:44 pm

Ah well,just don't expect me to BS you winking

Except if you BS me silly
    Grey-Ronin
    Grey-Ronin
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Grey-Ronin Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:20 am

I'm interested in participating in any death match or team event. I've been so disappointed so far in the lack of interest in either fight mode. I love me some dueling, but want to get into some epic brawls.

Just let me know when!!! (I live in Japan so apologies ahead of time if I'm laggy)

It's been a while since I was last on here, so people probably won't remember me, but I used to be an occasional Fight Club member (I'm Mildred's brother if that rings any bells). It's good to see so many people still contributing to the forums. I look forward to fighting you again FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:09 am

Hey ronin i do remember that, i didn't go to many FCs either so that was actually one of the few i attended. Welcome back.

Well looks like we got few people, how about we try for this Saturday. Not sure what times will work best for everyone, so why don't we all post times that would work for us. Or if you will not be able to this Saturday ext.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:11 pm

Well, i guess i have to take that back. I can't participate do to the graphical glitch issue a lot of people(myself included) are experiencing in the DLC/arena areas.

I'm not happy....
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:45 pm

set up 3 way red phantom matches in the depths giant rat room instead? the depths seem unaffected by the glitch...
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:53 pm

Yea all areas besides the DLC areas are not effected. Dude, to be honest i'm just about done with Dark Souls now. Not necessarily in a negative way, but it is ending on a bad note. Between having 80% of my matches being against dark mages, and this graphical glitch that prevents me from playing in the only areas that were keeping my attention(not to mention i just paid 15$ for them), I'm pretty much done.

I love this game, and Demon's Souls, and will without a doubt buy the next game. It is just a shame that fromsoft and namco bandai have screwed a great game up so badly.
    Grey-Ronin
    Grey-Ronin
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Grey-Ronin Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:58 pm

I think everyone is experiencing the DLC bug. Last night was a joke in the arena. Hopefully they get it fixed soon as I've just started to get into the arena and this might scare a lot of people off.

I hope we can get at least one event in before you quit FruitPunchNinja. I've been frustrated with the way they've handled the DLC as well. We should of had it same day as the PC release. I'm a little forgiving of From Software and lay most of the blame on Namco Bandai for being money grubbing bastards. 

I don't think a death match outside of the arena is possible. Too much down time between fights, if the host dies then game over for everyone, others invading etc... I enjoyed fight club, but it was the hurdles to get into a fight that got me frustrated in the end.

If we do manage to get something organized after the bug fix then I'm free weekends. If it is around 9-10pm in the States then it's early morning the next day for me here in Japan. I'll either be hungover or still drunk, but that adds to the hilarity of PvP if you ask me.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:18 pm

mostly free weekends here too, im on the west coast soo... i'll double check what the time conversion is...
    btw anyone object to me using a dmb buffed obsidian greatsword along with great magic barrier and vos?
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:19 pm

What about we use TS in the event?
    If he's drunk,should be awesome...just saying!
    Hylian
    Hylian
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Hylian Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:40 pm

FruitPunchNinja wrote:Yea all areas besides the DLC areas are not effected. Dude, to be honest i'm just about done with Dark Souls now. Not necessarily in a negative way, but it is ending on a bad note. Between having 80% of my matches being against dark mages, and this graphical glitch that prevents me from playing in the only areas that were keeping my attention(not to mention i just paid 15$ for them), I'm pretty much done.

I love this game, and Demon's Souls, and will without a doubt buy the next game. It is just a shame that fromsoft and namco bandai have screwed a great game up so badly.

Nah come on man don't give up, **** happens, they'll fix this bug =]

I'm in for this event for sure.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:43 pm

don't get me wrong, if they fix the bug i will keep playing. Something tells me this might be ignored for a while, i hope that is not the case though.
    Grey-Ronin
    Grey-Ronin
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Grey-Ronin Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:23 am

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:mostly free weekends here too, im on the west coast soo... i'll double check what the time conversion is...
    btw anyone object to me using a dmb buffed obsidian greatsword along with great magic barrier and vos?

I've got no issues with anything really. It's a free for all brawl, which is the interesting aspect. I'm not in it to win but to have fun and see how various dynamics play out. If you pull out dmb then I'll likely great magic barrier as well though. TWoP is fairly rough in death match though so if anyone pulls that out I'll be trying to convince others (survivor styles) to gang up on them.

By the way vatar5, I've been trying to figure out what TS stands for and can't for the life of me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:41 pm