Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Knight Iron Tarkus's journey through Lordran...

Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Knight Iron Tarkus's journey through Lordran... Empty Knight Iron Tarkus's journey through Lordran...

Post by Gazman0169 Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:36 am

Just for the hell of it I have decided to create an Knight Iron Tarkus build, and take him on a journey through Lordran, including ancient Oolacile. No buffs, no Pyros, no Sorceries, and no Miracles, just pure 100% beef, supplemented with a RoFaP and Havel's Ring combo. I've decided to keep him at SL120 so as to make him atractive to the PvP community, and this is what I've ended up with: - http://tinyurl.com/be5maa5

Oh, and because I have no desire to glitch to bring this about, the run proper will begin as soon as I've reached the Painted World room in Anor Londo where all the items for this build are located, which means that the last Boss on the run will be the Iron Golum on NG+ (sweet twisted), and yes I am intending on summoning Iron Tarkus to co-op during it, as this for me will be the perfect conclusion to what is promising to be an epic journey! big grin

Anyway, let us know what y'all think?
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Knight Iron Tarkus's journey through Lordran... Empty Re: Knight Iron Tarkus's journey through Lordran...

Post by WaffleGuy Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:43 pm

Gazman0169 wrote:Just for the hell of it I have decided to create an Knight Iron Tarkus build, and take him on a journey through Lordran, including ancient Oolacile. No buffs, no Pyros, no Sorceries, and no Miracles, just pure 100% beef, supplemented with a RoFaP and Havel's Ring combo. I've decided to keep him at SL120 so as to make him atractive to the PvP community, and this is what I've ended up with: - http://tinyurl.com/be5maa5

Oh, and because I have no desire to glitch to bring this about, the run proper will begin as soon as I've reached the Painted World room in Anor Londo where all the items for this build are located, which means that the last Boss on the run will be the Iron Golum on NG+ (sweet twisted), and yes I am intending on summoning Iron Tarkus to co-op during it, as this for me will be the perfect conclusion to what is promising to be an epic journey! big grin

Anyway, let us know what y'all think?

Fun idea, but why so much stamina? You can't go over 192 stamina from End 40 + RoFaP. If you put in 40 End, you'll see that only the equip burden decreses, but he can still mid-roll. You can invest that in Strength (more damage) or Vitality. Just a tip. Again, fun idea!Knight Iron Tarkus's journey through Lordran... 639795459
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Knight Iron Tarkus's journey through Lordran... Empty Re: Knight Iron Tarkus's journey through Lordran...

Post by RANT Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:50 pm

too many wasted points in end. what about this? http://tinyurl.com/bcvk4t2
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:41 am

Morning Waffle/Rant, I suspected as much.

To be totally honest I was going to play the whole endurance side of things by ear, building it to a point where I feel comfortable with the roll, as this is going to be a new experience for me seeing as that all of my other character builds have been fast rolling, which would of then left me more points to invest in Strength. I don't think I'll be needing any more Vitality, as I have always been able to get by with anything over the 1k mark.

Nice suggestion Rant, but no Miracles remember. big grin

Well it's now too late to change the Class as I've stuck with the Warrior, and began the build-up to the run last night. The Asylum and Taurus demons easily fell to me double-handing the starting weapon (Longsword), and after an unsuccessful spell with the Claymore, I did a quick detor to the Cemetry to pick up a trusty Zwiehander (barely getting out of the place in one piece), which is now officially my second most favorite weapon in the game, before dispatching the Bell Gargoyles, the Capra, and the Gaping Dragon, all in double-quick time. I'm surprised how the Zwiehander makes such short work of the early Bosses in the game, and am a bit miffed that I only got around to trying it out for the first time a few days back. But then again that's me all over, always late to the party, and tends to overstay his welcome long after everyone else has left! lol

The big shock for me though is how little farming I've done, usually I'd spend hours building up souls, humanities, and the like, but so far it's been more like a speedrun (or at least what I suspect a speedrun to be). I guess I'm eagre to get started. big grin At the rate I'm going I should make Anor Londo sometime tonight (GMT), and that's when the run proper begins! :face:
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:47 am

How about the classic pure Strength/Dex build: 45 Vit,40 End, 40 Str, 40 Dex.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:49 am

That's probably what I'll end up with, with a few personal tweeks here and there, but thanks for the suggestion.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:58 am

i forgot about the no magic thing but those are defenive miracles and since tarkus was a knight it fits, good luck with the build anyway and have fun.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:49 am

True say. My decision came on the back of us never actually seeing him use Miracles, at least I do not recall ever seeing him use them.

Well, I've made it to Anor Londo, and have got all the equipment I need. I was in the process of upgrading my character a bit, being a lowly SL48 I was finding his fat-rolling very hard going (the Stray Demon was a tremendous chore, as I'm used to being able to out flank him, but you can't do that with low endurance wearing a ton of Iron on your back), but I've now managed to ease it a little by getting hold of Havel's ring (No comment! :cyclops: ), only for the soddin Hydra in the Basin to OHK me as I was making my way back up to Sen's from his Tower. I foolishly believed that I was out of the range of it's powerful water attack, it clearly knew better, and proceeded to shoot me in the back! :evil: To add insult to injury, on my return having decided to open up a whole can of whoop-arse on him, before picking up my bloodstain :roll:, I then go about throwing myself into the abyss after swinging my Greatsword too close to the edge! :affraid: I didn't mind the fact that this cost me 24k's worth of souls and 8 humanity, but to die in that way having got it down to one head without so much as a scratch on me really p'd me off, and the thought of it's last remaining head lol at me was just too much to bear, leading me to promptly leave Lordran to get myself ready for work. Upon my return later on tonight I have a date with O&S, as I'm looking to return back to Anor Londo to begin the run proper. Let the Hydra have it's little victory, I'll make my return once the Lord Vessel has been placed. twisted
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:02 am

Well O&S fell to the might of my +15 unbuffed Greatsword on Saturday night, surprisingly easy it has to be said, and I'm now in the process of farming the Darkwraiths in the lower levels of NLR for souls and titanite chunks/slabs to upgrade my armour and shield with. Next stop place the Lord Vessel, before going off to the new content.

I'm really loving this run, as I feel like a total badass not having buffs/magic/miracles/pyromancies to fall back on! big grin
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:10 pm

i remember my first run of the game was like that since i love str weapons i decided to make a str build so i didnt level any of my int, faith or att at all. i got the black knight to drop his ugs and i decided i was gona with that since it looked so badass, i used it most of the game and it was so fun. what sl are you right now?
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:20 pm

I think around the 59 mark, or thereabouts. I was looking to bring him up to 120, but the way things are going may just leave him at 100. I'm well shocked at how much fun this run is turning out to be, and I'm really buzzing about it to the point where it's almost like day 1 all over again, which goes to show just how good this game is. big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 4:06 am