Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Reaperfan
Elite Knight
Servant of Priscilla
Argetlam350
DoughGuy
BartholomewWenceslas
Onion Knight
11 posters

Final Fantasy XIV : A Realm Reborn. The comprehensive thread! (Discontinued.)

Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Final Fantasy XIV : A Realm Reborn. The comprehensive thread!  (Discontinued.)  - Page 4 Empty Re: Final Fantasy XIV : A Realm Reborn. The comprehensive thread! (Discontinued.)

Post by Onion Knight Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:11 pm

Watching this whilst recovering from my hangover. big grin
    P.S Wandering makes a cameo winking but don't tell him I said anything.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Final Fantasy XIV : A Realm Reborn. The comprehensive thread!  (Discontinued.)  - Page 4 Empty Re: Final Fantasy XIV : A Realm Reborn. The comprehensive thread! (Discontinued.)

Post by Onion Knight Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:53 pm

Servant of Priscilla wrote:Hey Onion, by request of sambo (through youtube silly) I have joined Distant World. We are friends on youtube, and when I mentioned I was gonna play FFXIV when 2.0 comes out he told me to join the LinkShell big grin
    Congrats ^^ . Yeah he's a great guy. Well I'll definitely see you at launch then, me and Wandering are making new toons , so you can join us on our crazy low level adventures if you want. silly
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:31 pm

I thinking of getting this day one as well though more then likely for PS3 since I have a crappy computer.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:41 pm

Finished combat and classes.
    Servant of Priscilla
    Servant of Priscilla
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Servant of Priscilla Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:20 pm

Onion Knight wrote:-Improved and additional character creation. (bust physics *ahem*)
    lol!
    The Wandering Knight
    The Wandering Knight
    Casual
    Casual

Post by The Wandering Knight Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:42 pm

Onion Knight wrote:
    Watching this whilst recovering from my hangover. big grin
    P.S Wandering makes a cameo winking but don't tell him I said anything.
    i call copyright on my toon! D:
    Servant of Priscilla
    Servant of Priscilla
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Servant of Priscilla Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:06 pm

Final Fantasy XIV : A Realm Reborn. The comprehensive thread! (Temporarily discontinued.) WHAT!!! WHY!?!?!?
    The Wandering Knight
    The Wandering Knight
    Casual
    Casual

Post by The Wandering Knight Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:32 pm

Servant of Priscilla wrote:Final Fantasy XIV : A Realm Reborn. The comprehensive thread! (Temporarily discontinued.) WHAT!!! WHY!?!?!?
    i caught him on steam chat yesterday, he's busy irl and bored of the forums, he'll come back when he's ready i guess. i'll try to post you updates on stuff if onion doesnt come back.
    The Wandering Knight
    The Wandering Knight
    Casual
    Casual

Post by The Wandering Knight Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:47 pm

i will watch letter from the producer 4 tomorrow and see what they confirm in this one for a realm reborn.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:50 pm

This looks cool. Can't believe I haven't seen this thread before.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:27 pm

The Wandering Knight wrote:
    Servant of Priscilla wrote:Final Fantasy XIV : A Realm Reborn. The comprehensive thread! (Temporarily discontinued.) WHAT!!! WHY!?!?!?
    i caught him on steam chat yesterday, he's busy irl and bored of the forums, he'll come back when he's ready i guess. i'll try to post you updates on stuff if onion doesnt come back.

I'm much too busy at the moment to update the last few sections or to keep maintaining the changes section. I haven't abandoned the thread, but I just wanted to let everyone know there would be large a delay in information and updates.
    -Onion
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:04 am

Hope everyone is having a good week, work is still hectic. But did have a chance to find this on one of my breaks from the grind.
    -Onion.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:42 pm

Thread necromancy! Also finished FF XIV (1.0) storyline and added more gameplay footage.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:05 pm

And suddenly the updates trickle in...
    Alpha is still on going, although it's now worldwide.
    Beta will be set around the new year for PC.
    No word yet on the PS3 version, other than they are still optimising it.
    Things I can confirm.
    -Most exp will come from story quests, rather than the repetitive and grindy leve-quests. They start out quite simple for low levels, then difficulty and complexity will increase as you progress.
    -Combat is much faster and fluid, yet still turn based.
    -Camps, villages and towns outside of the main cities have been added with access to all the buildings (Final Fantasy IV,V and VI-esque.) With many NPC's to talk to for quests e.t.c
    -Although grouping will be recommended for higher level quests and areas, they aren't required for low levels like in 1.0 meaning you can solo if you so wish.
    -Each patch will add at least 200 more free quests.
    Seems the emphasis is on content and exploration.
    I've also added more official screenshots from the alpha and videos from it. It's going well according to the forums.

dz572

Post by dz572 Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:21 am

Hey, I actually registered to post this news that Eorzea map is going to be a brand new design from the old and ugly design that it was in 1.0 from several sources which includes wikipedia somewhere. That old map design really hurts my eyes due to the lack of imagination.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:02 pm

If you'd like to link it with a source. Then I can add it to the original post. I've only so far used developer conformation (in interviews or on the official forums.) and observations from the alpha trailers (as well as friends who are in the alpha who have confirmed these observations.)
    -Onion.
    dz572

Post by dz572 Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:39 pm

Here's the links

http://ffxiv.zam.com/story.html?story=30484

The link above said something about leaving the world behind to design and almost every landscape is completely new. The info sounds vague but it could mean something else.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XIV

Scroll down to Relaunch: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm RebornFinal Fantasy XIV : A Realm Reborn. The comprehensive thread!  (Discontinued.)  - Page 4 YH5BAEAAAEALAAAAAABAAEAQAICTAEAOw%3D%3D section

and the last link

http://freegamefour.blogspot.com/2012/08/final-fantasy-xvi-realm-reborn.html

This one describes in detail but there was another link that talks about it but I couldn't find that link which I looked around.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:35 am

Oh you mean landscape design! My apologies I thought you meant the world map design which confused me. I think I've mentioned it in the changes section. (well I meant to.) Will change if I haven't, but thanks for your efforts.
    -Onion.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:42 am

Onion Knight wrote:

-Change from repetitive and frankly bland at times open world , to large separate areas with much more detail. (Final Fantasy XII style, but much bigger.)
    I did have it in the changes list. But it was stuck at the bottom and not really noticeable. I've put it closer to the top where it should be. If you find anything else I've missed, feel free to link me up. Thanks again.
    -Onion.
    dz572

Post by dz572 Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:20 pm

Actually, it's both the landscape design AND the world map. FFXIV a realm reborn is followed up by a meteor that was once a moon that caused an impact to Eorzea and the city states. Somehow it completly changed everything. I don't know the full story but that's what it really sounds to me so far. This was talked about by the reps at square enix which I provided the third link but there was another link that explains clearly if I can find that link again.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:49 pm

Beta has been confirmed for PC and later PS3 in January/February this year.

The beta site will open soon.

For PC : Priority list: FF XIV Legacy members.
    Square Enix account holders.
    Applicants on the beta site.

For PS3 : Priority list: Those who gained a Square Enix account code with their copy of FF XIII.
    Applicants on the beta site.

A Square Enix account is required for beta testing , however is not required for beta testing application.

Objectives of the test!

Level Progression rebalance.

Battle system rebalance.

Crafting/Gathering rebalance.

User interface refinement.

Bug reporting/ fixing.

Version 1.0 character data importing. (For PC only.)

Server stress testing.

Happy new year guys, will hopefully be in both beta's so see you around!

Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:15 pm

Updated everything with as much information I can (legally) provide you with.

I will let you know as soon as I know a legit date for the beta website opening.

Rumours are circleling the 7th of January, but we'll wait and see.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:10 am

https://secure.square-enix.com/enqt/s/run?sq=9594201bcfecba97ea921cc0dc93029ca2b12096c13aaf4601912a6018a2db96b9fea0dacf938e3b1ad9fc941ec4ef1c0a902b51c51a95903b12c5fc90d2

GO APPLY FOR THE TEST YO!
    See you there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:04 am