Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+37
Wilkinson3424
Doctor Snuggles
PlasticandRage
KrazykevS10
Comrade Sparkle
A Fierce Plankton
Latitoast
Dubscythe
seelyon
User1
WaLKA
drmuto
ViralEnsign_
SunlightCrusader
Spurgun
Slarg232
jankenneth_10
DarkHunch
Infighter
TheRedYoshi
Carphil
Servant of Priscilla
WyrmHero
dancash1808
TehInfamousAmos
Rudmed
Quarik
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Wade_Wilson
JohnnyHarpoon
Tolvo
Emergence
Uparkaam
Reaperfan
Serious_Much
Whknight
Scudman_Slayer
41 posters

League of Legends

Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

League of Legends - Page 2 Empty Re: League of Legends

Post by Scudman_Slayer Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:44 am

this pretty much sums him up to me
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WADq-FkszKA

i never actually saw xerath being used in any game i've been in :/ so i don't know how he is
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:49 am

ENDLESS RAGE!!!!
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:53 am

indeed

and this sums shaco up too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p20Bj48FVjg

and i like the gangplank joke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xutqgxSXog0
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:09 am

Man, I thought this was gonna be like some elitist group I could join.

:|
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:39 am

JohnnyHarpoon wrote:Man, I thought this was gonna be like some elitist group I could join.

:|

Outside of FPS's, I can't think of anything more elitist than the ranked players of LoL. Get your summoner level up to 30 where you can start getting ranked in the online ladders and you will find some incredibly entitled players scrambling to raise their ELO.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:48 pm

i still have to get to level 30 im still halfway to lvl 21 :/

so it will take a while until i get to lvl 30 and if i stop getting bad teams on my matchmaking sessions...seriously most of the teams im in they don't work as one no one warns the one that they are coming to gank him

hell there's only so much one guy with the chosen master yi skin can do
    i can't carry the entire team through the game on summoner's rift

on treeline i guess its quite possible

and i heard they are gonna launch a new map with 5 lanes instead of 3 or 2
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:22 pm

I lol'd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVA-SJ_iSUs
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:51 pm

*bump*

does it takes any skill to play as fiddlesticks? to me its just

Fear+drain= free kill

you're bloody invincible while draining :/
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:56 pm

Fiddle is actually my main AP caster character, and at higher levels Fiddle gets quite difficult actually, but mostly because opponent's improve and learn that any disable besides a slow or snare will stop his drain. You have to learn to use his ult to it's absolute best and know how to catch people off-guard, otherwise only your fear will mean anything to the team since you won't be able to do damage sine you won't be draining due to crowd control and you will be killed before your ult can do its full damage.

Edit: Also, just like Mundo or Volibear, take a single ignite and even if you can drain it won't be able to heal you through damage.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:16 pm

yeah but it will recover you quickly as hell

here's a build i saw a guy do with fiddle once

1 rabadon

1 sorcerer's shoes

1 rylei crystal cepter

1 void staff

2 archangels

bastard had over 400 AP and well he was healing 25% of his HP each second while draining

so yeah...he is quite invincible while draining

and actually you don't need to get people off guard you just need to fear and use any ability while they run in circles and bam free damage or a free kill if you use your ult

and since the ult does a **** ton of damage people will try to often run however with a combination of fear and drain they will die in less than 2 seconds

thats my rant on him

still there are more annoying champions in my opinion like Te emo

that blind its just bullcrap

///

what champions do you think have useless abilities?
    for me its gangplanks passive

poison doesn't do almost any noticeable damage at all
    still the slow is useful though
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:29 pm

Most useless abilities? Gotta go with Sion's passive. Blocking a random amount of damage at random times? Yeah, that's something we count on to save us in a pinch. (/sarcasm)

Seriously, it's like taking the old dodge mastery because you think that 2% dodge will actually save you from giving up first blood to that last autoattack from Ashe in the laning phase.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:34 pm

yeah and now they took out the critical chance mastery too :,(
    i heard ninja tabi gave dodge but now it gives armor

what typer of unfair abilities do you think some champions have? it can be both passive and active abilities

for me it has to be shaco's stealth ability

pretty much because it makes him do an auto-crit when he hits you when its active or when im chasing him if he uses that ability i turn around and stop chasing because

dash + invisibility = instant escape tool :/
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:01 pm

I've been playing long enough that I don't really think any ability is unfair since I'm used to dealing with them all. If I had to choose one though, I'd go with Tryndamere's slowing shout. You either turn to face him, and then die in a 1v1 (or worse, a 1v2/3/4/5), or you try to run away then get slowed and still have to fight him.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:47 pm

My friend has actually asked me to post his name here, it's Eddylowe, also said something about EU west servers if that means anything to you guys..

he also says he'll purchase dark souls soon, when i force him twisted
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:29 pm

EU west probably means he plays on the European servers as opposed to the North American servers, which would make playing with him a bit difficult on my end at least :|
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:44 pm

Is it wrong to necro an off-topic thread? Whatever, here goes:

PULSFIRE eZREAL HERE
    Wade_Wilson
    Wade_Wilson
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wade_Wilson Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:46 pm

What is League of Legends? As in, what type of game is it? I know of it, but nothing about it.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:24 pm

It's called a MOBA, short for Multiplayer Online Battle Arena. It's really hard to describe if you haven't already played a MOBA like DotA, and the best description I can give requires at least an understanding of how games like Starcraft work. Anyway, just in case, here goes:

Imagine a game of Starcraft, where it's 10 players on 2 teams of 5 players each. However, each player only controls one, highly specialized unit with 4 unique abilities. These characters can also purchase items to increase their stats along the course of the game that are bought with currency earned by killing enemies or special objectives. The goal of the match is to destroy a building located deep within the enemy's base called the Nexus. Very weak AI-controlled creatures constantly rush the enemy base in mass, and you use these creatures as well as team coordination to take down enemy players and defensive buildings along the way to the Nexus. The team with the best coordination wins by pushing the most effectively and preventing enemies from pushing by killing them.

EDIT: With all that in mind, here is a video of a match to give you some context for the various ideas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBk5kon0IoE

I couldn't find anything but a Pro match off the top of my head, so this is very high level play, but since the purpose of posting it is to convey the type of gameplay, you can ignore most of the commentary and details and whatnot.

Last edited by Reaperfan on Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:26 pm

How easy would it be for a complete noob to get good enough to not embarrass himself at League of Legends. I've heard good about it, and want to give it a shot but I don't want to completely suck either and let down my teammates from my sucking hardcore.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:05 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:How easy would it be for a complete noob to get good enough to not embarrass himself at League of Legends. I've heard good about it, and want to give it a shot but I don't want to completely suck either and let down my teammates from my sucking hardcore.

In terms of gameplay, the way League of Legends specifically is designed it's rather noob-friendly winking
    You have a "player level" associated with your account and not anything ingame, so you are only matched with people equal to your "player level" and you actually have to level up your "player level" up to level 30 to get the maximum advantages in-game, so you're never at a severe power disadvantage.

I will say though, play with friends. The random community for the game is pretty much garbage when it comes to dealing with noobs, so even at low level games if you do more poorly than expected you can expect ALOT of s***talk thrown your way. Playing with friends really helps relieve the tension of this harrassment.

EDIT: They also have a fairly comprehensive tutorial level that teaches the basics of control and mechanics, as well as a practice game with just you versus some computers to teach you the basics of strategy. If playing against other players becomes too much of a problem, they also have a game mode where it's 5 players versus 5 computers.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:12 pm

Reaperfan wrote:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:How easy would it be for a complete noob to get good enough to not embarrass himself at League of Legends. I've heard good about it, and want to give it a shot but I don't want to completely suck either and let down my teammates from my sucking hardcore.

In terms of gameplay, the way League of Legends specifically is designed it's rather noob-friendly winking
    You have a "player level" associated with your account and not anything ingame, so you are only matched with people equal to your "player level" and you actually have to level up your "player level" up to level 30 to get the maximum advantages in-game, so you're never at a severe power disadvantage.

I will say though, play with friends. The random community for the game is pretty much garbage when it comes to dealing with noobs, so even at low level games if you do more poorly than expected you can expect ALOT of s***talk thrown your way. Playing with friends really helps relieve the tension of this harrassment.

EDIT: They also have a fairly comprehensive tutorial level that teaches the basics of control and mechanics, as well as a practice game with just you versus some computers to teach you the basics of strategy. If playing against other players becomes too much of a problem, they also have a game mode where it's 5 players versus 5 computers.

Thanks for the tips. That's lamentable though, why can't people just behave in a more becoming manner?
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:40 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Thanks for the tips. That's lamentable though, why can't people just behave in a more becoming manner?

Unlike Dark Souls, where the connections between players are much more personal, I would say LoL's player connections are more somewhat "professional" in that you're only there with the other people because you need them to fill out a team of 5. It's easy enough to do things in Dark Souls on your own, but you can't really do anything in LoL on your own, and so when you get paired with someone who isn't up to your own standards people begin to feel that that person is holding back their own personal performance. This generally creates tension between players who aren't already bonded ahead of time instead of strengthening them as a team.

Think of it like...the bond between a teammate who is your friend is about the same as the bond between a host and a well-performing White/Gold Phantom. You're both in it to have a good time and work together. The bond between a teammate you don't know is like the bond between a host and an incompetent yet full-of-themself invader. You're technically both in it to have a good time, but one side usually comes out unhappy.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:43 pm

League of Legends also has an interesting learning curve. You start the game out so out of the loop because of the timing and tactics required for victory, as well the scope of the meta game is so crazy. So often after finally figuring a lot of it out players look at the new players, and sort of apply their knowledge. "Why don't you play better!" They assume they have the same level of knowledge about the game forgetting you come in innocent...Before LoL turns you haha.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:38 pm

Tolvo wrote:League of Legends also has an interesting learning curve. You start the game out so out of the loop because of the timing and tactics required for victory, as well the scope of the meta game is so crazy. So often after finally figuring a lot of it out players look at the new players, and sort of apply their knowledge. "Why don't you play better!" They assume they have the same level of knowledge about the game forgetting you come in innocent...Before LoL turns you haha.

It doesn't help that alot of low-level players are smurfs either starting over because their main account got banned or one of the many people on a goal to prove ELO Hell doesn't exist by starting from scratch. So many of the scumbag players get banned, just to come back and take out their superiority complexes on the newbies. To those not in the know reading this, a smurf in League of Legends refers to a player who has already played enough to be very experienced with the game, but they make a new account with the lowest "player level" and match themselves with newbies who aren't as experienced.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:39 pm

I actually had some smurfs haha. But I always did it to play with friends to help them level up, I wouldn't actually use runes and would usually just play defensively and try to help my friend learn the game. But yeah, it was pretty unfair of me...I was an Anti-Griefer. sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:09 am