Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+136
DemonDrink
KrazykevS10
User1
GaryBlevins
Dutchy
TheBigLebowski
WaLKA
Bigbrodeur
Mikutow
Sanhedrim
Dalerik
Dilaudid281
sicktwist
Rona
SenseOfSecurity
SpecialNewb
ak1287
Hugh_G_Johnson
Bearded Dragon
danfts
gmwdim
Frank_White
Archandes
samster628
argetlam213
Corporal Hart
Mike5005005
KingSeekerCow
Cepzeu
emraluces
Flankydizzle
Animaaal
jp09
Garl_Vinland
Kuragari
FattyOfDoom
GenericUsername
MosquitoPower
Hydreigon11
Gyonimizotetsu
Ashran
Shkar
PlasticandRage
messremb
Artorias The Abyss Walker
denleigh
vereornox
Oh_the_Humanity
Deathsitexxi
Snuggles
Wilkinson3424
Fossil
Krasouski
Sargerus
ComaPrison
Kyōkai
JeragiusTheSlayer
hageshisa
Forum Pirate
Nessima017
Mr. Tart
CaptanSpudsy
Nybbles
Zakkia
aprilmanha
gaarafrednorris
Slarg232
hqboy
Tomhet
Myztyrio
befowler
The_Burning Cross
DE5PA1R
bosslugger
MasterofShadows
BeeSeaEss
GTP_Zodicus
dragonbeast6
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
exod FEAR
Acarnatia
Reyl
GrinTwist
Solid Knight
GkMrBane
OmarTheFuzzy
Macromute
carlucio
Xero
Halicarnassis
SetaSensei
Sloth9230
ViralEnsign_
User
tofucactaur
Rudmed
Marino.
WandererReece
Serious_Much
ZoltarTheDestroyer
Tolvo
XKnightArtoriasX
Buggy Virus
Djem
Fotitudo
Juutas
>Brave<
Infighter
passivefamiliar
MagisterM
Aevun
Saturday-Saint
eminusx
The Grand Confessor
raecor14
mr_no_face
XachAttack
ublug
Onion Knight
Hyena
Seignar
defacto
The Letter X
PwnasauresRex
RANT
Reaperfan
Phoenix Rising
Soris Ice Goldwing
ChizFreak
Noob-of-Artorias
Pucko
Avenger649
callipygias
tinypantha
MyAwesomeAfro
T-King-667
140 posters

Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Dark souls 2: Wishlist - Page 21 Empty Re: Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:32 pm

Batman says he don't give F***, lol jk
    MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:10 pm

Acarnatia wrote:Had magic existed, yes they would. We had capes; they were not part of battlefield attire. In fact, that's a pretty suicidal thing to wear.

Oh god, here we ago again Acarnatia. Nobody here is asking for fairy wings, just capes.

Secondly, there already are dozens of armor sets/pieces in Dark Souls that would be completely impractical in real life combat, if not most of them. Perhaps you should contact FROM about this, and let them know that their fantasy game is not realistic?
    exod FEAR
    exod FEAR
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by exod FEAR Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:21 pm

as an invader I want the ability to follow hosts through the boss fog. maybe as a _________(covenant that invades) +3
    I dont mean to spawn in someones world who is already fighting the boss thats redonk. I just mean so they can't run away to the boss once ive spawned. they would have to fight me off before continuing to the boss

anyone?
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:24 pm

capes are for ceremonial or anti weather and environment purposes, so i figure a caped armor set would have decent elemental resistences, still though capes on heavy armor just get torn off in battle or hamper the fighter, besides all that it would be an absolute pain to animate it, you've already seen what dks, physics are like with corpses flying through the air imagine what would happen trying to animate a cape that moved. if you want a cape stick to the silver knight set's way of doing it.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:28 pm

exod FEAR wrote:as an invader I want the ability to follow hosts through the boss fog. maybe as a _________(covenant that invades) +3
    I dont mean to spawn in someones world who is already fighting the boss thats redonk. I just mean so they can't run away to the boss once ive spawned. they would have to fight me off before continuing to the boss

anyone?

Maybe they're running because they don't want to deal with you?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:34 pm

So? We're invaders, we don't care if they want to deal with us.
    MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:44 pm

I like the fact that the host can escape. Few reasons:

1. The invader can't just linger in the host's world forever and troll him. Imagine the amount of trolling that we would see on youtube. People would do some really cruel stuff to players until the player just gets pissed off and logs out. That's really not cool. The fact that griefers exist is one good reason to allow the player to have an out. Besides, its not always a good thing for the host, because what if he's not ready for the boss battle (low soul level, or improperly equipped), and now you've chased him right into it? I've been there before, and it didn't turn out too well (Ornstein spear in the face while frantically trying to switch rings, lol)
    2. It adds a sense of urgency to the conflict, because the game can easily become race to the fog gate, the player trying to escape, while the invader is trying to take him out before he does. Its called tension. Tension can be very good in multiplayer competitive gameplay.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:51 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:So? We're invaders, we don't care if they want to deal with us.

And they don't care either, which is why they can go through the fog.

If I don't want to play with you, then I don't have to play with you.

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    exod FEAR
    exod FEAR
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by exod FEAR Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:12 pm

MasterofShadows wrote:I like the fact that the host can escape. Few reasons:

1. The invader can't just linger in the host's world forever and troll him. Imagine the amount of trolling that we would see on youtube. People would do some really cruel stuff to players until the player just gets pissed off and logs out. That's really not cool. The fact that griefers exist is one good reason to allow the player to have an out. Besides, its not always a good thing for the host, because what if he's not ready for the boss battle (low soul level, or improperly equipped), and now you've chased him right into it? I've been there before, and it didn't turn out too well (Ornstein spear in the face while frantically trying to switch rings, lol)
    2. It adds a sense of urgency to the conflict, because the game can easily become race to the fog gate, the player trying to escape, while the invader is trying to take him out before he does. Its called tension. Tension can be very good in multiplayer competitive gameplay.

yeah you've convinced me. I never thought about invaders trolling and just hanging out in someones world...
    not my style but i guess some people might do it
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:26 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:So? We're invaders, we don't care if they want to deal with us.

If I don't want to play with, then I don't have to play with you.

Then don't call griefer or cheap when I do whatever I can do to kill you good and proper while you run.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:42 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    Sloth9230 wrote:

Then don't call griefer or cheap when I do whatever I can do to kill you good and proper while you run.

Why would I? if you manage to kill me while I'm running then It's because I didn't do a very good job running. Personally I dislike fighting questers is all, and I think they should at least have an opportunity to escape.

Though WoGing Someone off a cliff or elevator or w/e is still cheap in my book.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:44 pm

My point was simply that, as an invader, I don't care in the least wether they want to deal with me. Its not a relevant point.

I actually like that hosts have an out, the urgency adds to the thrill of the hunt. Skilled questers are especially good hunting, as they're the most determined to be rid of me so I never know what to expect.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:53 pm

Exactly, If you catch me then it's my problem, if you don't then that's yours. Most people who run for the boss gate probably aren't very skilled(and therefore wouldn't be much fun to fight against) or are either trying to reclaim souls/humaity they lost to the boss already. Not everyone wants to PVP though, which is why an escape route is necessary.
    MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:54 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:
    Sloth9230 wrote:

Whether or not the host runs or fights has nothing to do with whether or not the invader is a griefer. Its the invader's actions that makes them a griefer.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:01 pm

Again, not true. If you don't want pvp play hollow or offline. An escape is necessary to reduce trolling and to move the encounter forward (if they can't escape then they have no reason to do anything except run or hide from the invader until he gets bored).

The result is the same, but your reasoning is flawed. I don't like dealing with new londo. Should I be allowed to skip that too?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:57 pm

I'm pretty sure a grief er is a guy invading with equipment way beyond what the host could possibly have..

But on the voluntary thing.. It's called an INVASION it's not meant to be asked for and the invader has every right to ruthlessly kill you. If you wanna not get invaded go hollow, if you're so desperate for someone to kill your boss for you, put up with the invader for online summons or get npc summons..

The whole point of an invader is to become another obstacle to your quest like mobs, it just is to add extra challenge. I find it pretty funny when players complain about another challenge when playing a game like dark souls
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:13 pm

So then let me ask you guys something, why do you invade? I want to know the mindset of an invader.
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by eminusx Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:20 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:So then let me ask you guys something, why do you invade? I want to know the mindset of an invader.

Its a good laugh chasing someone down, the cat and mouse never gets boring, i'll cut them some slack if theyre in deep sh!t already, then go after them, but usually its no holds barred. I expect the same when i get invaded too, knowing youve got someone chasing who's willing to do anything to bury you is immense, especially when you outsmart them.

EDIT: only if it seems like theyre able to put up a good fight tho, no pleasure to be had from slaying low levelers, unless they really go for my throat of course happy

Last edited by eminusx on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:22 pm

eminusx wrote:
    Sloth9230 wrote:So then let me ask you guys something, why do you invade? I want to know the mindset of an invader.

Its a good laugh chasing someone down, the cat and mouse never gets boring, i'll cut them some slack if theyre in deep sh!t already, then go after them, but usually its no holds barred. I expect the same when i get invaded too, knowing youve got someone chasing who's willing to do anything to bury you is immense, especially when you outsmart them.

So then, the thrill of the hunt?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:25 pm

Exactly. We worship Hircine.
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by eminusx Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:25 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:
    eminusx wrote:

Yeah, but its like sport, it has to be a reasonable challenge, if somethings too easy then its no fun, much like the rest of the game really.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:28 pm

eminusx wrote:
    Sloth9230 wrote:
    eminusx wrote:

Yeah, but its like sport, it has to be a reasonable challenge, if somethings too easy then its no fun, much like the rest of the game really.

H'mm I see, I've never invaded myself(aside from forest hunting) so I always just assumed Invaders were d-bags out to ruin my fun.

Sorry Forum Pirate, I don't get the reference.
    eminusx
    eminusx
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by eminusx Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:34 pm

just another way of building the tension, never knowing when youre gonna get invaded or where theyre gonna come from, its a great device. Its good fun forcing players into mistakes too, works both ways.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:36 pm

Elder scrolls. God (well, essentialy) of the hunt.

Its not that we want to ruin your fun, its that our fun is in chasing down and bumping off intelligent or skilled players, or groups of weaker players.

If we wanted to ruin your fun we'd kill you phantoms and then chain bs you with our bare hands untill you pulled the plug.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:38 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Elder scrolls. God (well, essentialy) of the hunt.

Its not that we want to ruin your fun, its that our fun is in chasing down and bumping off intelligent or skilled players, or groups of weaker players.

If we wanted to ruin your fun we'd kill you phantoms and then chain bs you with our bare hands untill you pulled the plug.

Oh, I only played Oblivion and didn't like it after like 15 minutes. Which is strange considering I'm a pretty big fan of Fallout.

I see, I just always wondered why they'd choose to invade instead of putting down a Red Soul sign, if they wanted PVP. Though I can see how hunting someone down would be fun, nothing entertains me more than a ganker who's lost their phantoms running away.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:59 pm