Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Saturday-Saint
Spurgun
Juutas
XachAttack
Sentiel
Rynn
11 posters

Let's talk about underused spells.

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Let's talk about underused spells. - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's talk about underused spells.

Post by ChizFreak Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:26 pm

Oh and Rynn, both spells last 15 seconds. I know it was not like this on the past, but it seems that the last few patches changed it, BOTH spells last 15 seconds. So no reason pick Magic Shield over Great Magic Shield unless you really want 2 extra casts. Finally, I updated the wiki with ALL of this info.
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Let's talk about underused spells. - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's talk about underused spells.

Post by Saturday-Saint Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:59 pm

RantFromRant wrote:
    Saturday-Saint wrote:I don't see people use Force much. It does all the important stuff that WoG does for less than half the required faith and has seven times as many casts.

force can be one of the cheapest spells in the game, i take it you havent run into people that spam force and bs? it gets them bs'ed a lot but if youre not used to it youre screwed.
    As I said, it does the important stuff that WoG does.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:03 pm

Rynn wrote:Sunlight Spears: [...] Be prepared for accusations of lag, however, because not a single opponent will ever believe you led them into that one... perhaps if more people started doing it......
    I don't think it's because they're not used to being hit without lock-on with this spell, it's actually because of online mechanics. I think it was in one of Caroso's videos (a long time ago!) that I noticed this. When he was doing his cosplay duels, him and his opponent each posted their view-point of the fight to youtube. In one of those fights, one of them used Sunlight Spears without lock-on, and on his screen he was very close to hitting. From the other view-point, though, it just looked like he was using it with lock-on, and the spear was way off--when in reality it was very close.

So even if you try explaining to them that you weren't locked on, they won't believe you, since on their screen your shot didn't go anywhere near where it went on yours.

Edit: Look at 0:55 here and 1:07 here (same spear). From Caroso's view point he just missed, but from the other he was way off (there might be better examples further in the video, too, but I was satisfied with that one!). I really like those videos because you can clearly see how the lag affects both sides of the fight.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:24 pm

I like using dark orb along with dark bead, they see me casting dark magic and immediately try to dodge the dark bead only to get hit by the orb instead.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:50 am