Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Hydreigon11
WyrmHero
Avenger649
hey its andres
8 posters

Tryhard Anti-Gank Build

hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Tryhard Anti-Gank Build Empty Tryhard Anti-Gank Build

Post by hey its andres Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:52 am

"My suicide mission has been cancelled. We're replacing it with a go-for-broke rescue mission." We shall reclaim the forest and at least try to get rid some of the atrocities that gankers have let lose. This is purposely very unoriginal, however, here is Andres' Try-hard Go-for-broke Anti-Ganker Build (or the ATHGfBAG Build, if that means anything to anyone).
    bloop

Hornet + DST = BS Heaven so when they try to BS you run around (don't lock on ever!) and stab the s%#t out of them.
    Fire Tempest is because sometimes they surround you and so many gankers still try to attack you to stop the cast (If you learn the timing you'll get them 9/10 times).
    Giant's shield is for the try-hardness of this build, basically so you absorb a lot of damage and if you are in a good position you can wait out buffs (for katanas just bash).
    And last, but not least our trusty Chaos Shotel, for when the Gankers just try to corner you with shields and spears/rapiers.

What do you guys think about this disgusting, lowly, completely unoriginal build? I chose level 120, but at higher levels you can just increase health to be a huge jerk. lol!
    Avenger649
    Avenger649
    Addicted
    Addicted

Tryhard Anti-Gank Build Empty Re: Tryhard Anti-Gank Build

Post by Avenger649 Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:24 am

I prefer a rapier with sunlight blade to be a rea, try-hard, isn't difficult to get a 1800+ damage backstab with it.
    Thisbuild is what I think is really tryhard.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:27 am

Yeah that one is pretty good too, I just like the idea of full giant's. As someone once said, "BECOME UNSTOPPABLE" and in some cases it's so true it's pathetic. Look Skyward
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:27 am

Hmmm... I don't think this build is try hard. You're mid rolling with low HP and poise. You're using a greatshield without spear. You don't have Great Combustion. You're walking speed is too slow for backstab fishing. In any case, you'd be trying too hard to kill the gankers lol. I think this one is more suitable.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=490793491203769549
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:34 am

WyrmHero wrote:http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=490793491203769549

I like it, but why the low poise and the silver knight spear? I guess I can low poise with the fast roll, but why the silver knight spear? Unless... you can't possibly be thinking of lag spearing?...
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:38 am

Yeah, you don't need poise to fight with spears. Since you're fast rolling you'll be dodging akl their attacks while poking them, even luring them for a bs or GC to the face since they're gonna get aggressive towards you. The only drawback I see is the low poise for poise backstabs, but you can't have both unless you go elemental very high End build with fast roll and high poise.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:44 am

I must say though your armor choice is very commendable as the only drawback to it is the low poise. Did you come up with this by yourself or mess around with the calculator?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:45 am

I saw your build and tweaked it lol.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:48 am

The other thing you could do is a Gold Tracer-spamming tank. You equip 93 poise, same high HP, medium roll, greatshield + spear/rapier for turtling and the Gold Tracer 2 handed. Spam R1 like a boss and tank all their hits. However bad for bs fishing due to slow speed.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:51 am

It seems that we agree that the tracers and their respective builds are anti-gank hahahha.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:55 am

Indeed I can just imagine 2 forest hunters, one bs fishing and the other R1 spamming and it's awesome.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:25 am

I think we have devised the perfect anti-gank solution, granted in order to go through with this you must withhold any and all morals. I'll start working on a gold tracer try-hard class. thanks for your input guys and Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays big grin
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:29 am

Avenger649 wrote:I prefer a rapier with sunlight blade to be a rea, try-hard, isn't difficult to get a 1800+ damage backstab with it.

That's decent but I don't see the point of 30 faith if you're not going to put anything into attunement. You could take the 30 out of faith and put 10 into vit and dex or something else. Or you could keep it as a very legit 100 build.

Either way I like this notion. We should arrange a date for all of these builds to punish banker. Have it cross platform and wreck gankers up.

EDIT: I see why the 30 faith for SLB but you'll have to bring it to a 121 build to keep the effective stats. take one out of strength and put two into attunement to get the one slot for SLB.
    Avenger649
    Avenger649
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Avenger649 Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:37 am

Hydreigon11 wrote:
    Avenger649 wrote:I prefer a rapier with sunlight blade to be a rea, try-hard, isn't difficult to get a 1800+ damage backstab with it.

That's decent but I don't see the point of 30 faith if you're not going to put anything into attunement. You could take the 30 out of faith and put 10 into vit and dex or something else. Or you could keep it as a very legit 100 build.

Either way I like this notion. We should arrange a date for all of these builds to punish banker. Have it cross platform and wreck gankers up.

EDIT: I see why the 30 faith for SLB but you'll have to bring it to a 121 build to keep the effective stats. take one out of strength and put two into attunement to get the one slot for SLB.
    I may have completely forgot to put anything into attunement.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:31 pm

We should organise a day where we all use these builds, use the most horrendous, underhanded and scummy tactics and reclaim our forest. I'm thinking New Year's, a new year and a new forest.

Who's with me?
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:41 pm

Hydreigon11 wrote:We should organise a day where we all use these builds, use the most horrendous, underhanded and scummy tactics and reclaim our forest. I'm thinking New Year's, a new year and a new forest.

Who's with me?

New years day Bring the scummy tryhard to the forest?

I'll grab the Tracer(s) on my 5 stacks of WoG 40 dex and drop by
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:42 pm

If we can get enough people by New Year's we can all go forest covenant and beat the ganks! I'm in if we get enough people, however if a later date means a more massive invasion then I am perfectly okay with waiting.
    Avenger649
    Avenger649
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Avenger649 Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:15 pm

I would need an extra three weeks or so in order to create my horrible anti-gank build and so the later it is then the better this is for me.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:18 pm

A small note, I hate i when people spam the Gold tracer. Especially when they stack poise up. It's so annoying. And lethal. So very lethal.
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Demon Slayer Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:06 pm

Hydreigon11 wrote:We should organise a day where we all use these builds, use the most horrendous, underhanded and scummy tactics and reclaim our forest. I'm thinking New Year's, a new year and a new forest.

Who's with me?
    I

am!!!!1 big grin
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:26 pm

Well I'm gonna create a new topic for everyone to sign up, and we could do it in late Jan/early Feb if people need time to get ready. I might set the deadline for Jan 30th and the mass invasions will commence on Feb 1st.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:07 am

Everyone, to the new thread!!! Point Up
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:11 am

The new thread is here: https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t16144-reclaim-the-forest-defeat-the-gankers

If I have spelt gankers as bankers its because I'm on my cousin's mac and its doing some annoying auto correct so please be kind.
    lorenzo110
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by lorenzo110 Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:50 am

My advice to you is to learn to fight. Stop concentrating to builds and concentrate on getting better skill wise. Every one of your builds has its flaw that the most well rounded fighter and experianced ganker would pick apart in seconds. If your facing noobs they you will have an advantage. If your facing veterans you will lose. You have to get over your fear of fighting multiple opponents and take it as a chance to get better and more experiance. Once you get over your fear of losing then you will begin to start to improve and see it in your game play as well. But the main focus should be stripping yourself of your aversion to losing. If you cant do that then you should only stick to areas where they exclusively fight 1v1 and pray most of your matches are 1v1 matches. Good luck.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:50 am

lorenzo110 wrote:My advice to you is to learn to fight. Stop concentrating to builds and concentrate on getting better skill wise. Every one of your builds has its flaw that the most well rounded fighter and experianced ganker would pick apart in seconds. If your facing noobs they you will have an advantage. If your facing veterans you will lose. You have to get over your fear of fighting multiple opponents and take it as a chance to get better and more experiance. Once you get over your fear of losing then you will begin to start to improve and see it in your game play as well. But the main focus should be stripping yourself of your aversion to losing. If you cant do that then you should only stick to areas where they exclusively fight 1v1 and pray most of your matches are 1v1 matches. Good luck.

Why do you think any of us aren't already quite experienced at fighting in the forest? I've been taking on host+phantom since just about forever. You really seem to misunderstand

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 7:18 am