Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
X-government-agent
Nybbles
Sentiel
Jester's Tears
Automancer
PwnasauresRex
Sloth9230
Djem
ComaPrison
Nagato
14 posters

Ash lake weird?

Nagato

Ash lake weird? Empty Ash lake weird?

Post by Nagato Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:49 pm

What is it with ash lake?
    You can see ash lake from Totg,but that part cannot be seen from ash lake?And from Firelink,you can see the great hollow,but there are way more trees in ash lake that are as high as the great hollow.Why cant you see those.

I've lordran is on top of a mountain or something,and the great hollow is under lordran,and the lake is endless right?That means that under lordran is an endless lake?Does that mean that the lake is in the mountain(or wherever lordran is on top of)?

Can someone answer this?
    I'm new btw big grin
    ComaPrison
    ComaPrison
    Addicted
    Addicted

Ash lake weird? Empty Re: Ash lake weird?

Post by ComaPrison Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:25 pm

Clouds with one-way transparency! Also, where in Firelink can you see the great hollow? Screenshots please! I've never seen it.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:30 pm

Ash Lake is vast, so the part of Ash Lake you see from TotG is not necessarily the part we can travel to. I also wonder from where in Firelink you can see the Great Hollow.
    Nagato

Post by Nagato Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:01 pm

Ash lake weird? 2012-013

Right there officer.The tree didn't persist so i caught him xD Wow it's beautiful,it's a wonder that damn crow didn't nestle there xD
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:26 pm

Considering were blightown is located, that's not the great hollow.

It could just be another tree like the ones in the forest.

Though it's entirely possible that all those trees are just branches anyway.

I think that the ash lake isn't endless, if you go far enough there probably are mountains and other countries and stuff. Lordan is probably just an Island on top of a tree, which would be why yo need the crow to take you there. However, it could also be that everyone of the tree's in ash lake houses it's own island with it's own countries.

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
    PwnasauresRex
    PwnasauresRex
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by PwnasauresRex Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:28 pm

You cant see Ash Lake from Firelink is because the Great Hollow Descends quite some distance. If anything Firelink is above Ash Lake.

@Sloth
    That actually may be the Great Hollow, I will have to look again though.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:36 pm

The fact that it's on the other side of the crow makes me belive otherwise. I was under the impression that every location you visit is directly under the main piece of land you start on.

Essentially every area we travel to is just a cylinder. It's either under Firelink/Darkroot/Oolacile/AnorLondo/Archives. I'm pretty sure that Blightown isn't far off in the distance.

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:40 pm

It's weird how the 'roof' of Ash Lake is like fog. Like there isn't anything up there. It's as if the world that Lordran is in, is created by layers upon layers of earth from the core. Ok, this is getting farfetched.

EDIT: If you guys have access to the digital world map of Lordran from the PC, you could probably find it out.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:42 pm

Automancer wrote:It's weird how the 'roof' of Ash Lake is like fog. Like there isn't anything up there. It's as if the world that Lordran is in, is created by layers upon layers of earth from the core. Ok, this is getting farfetched.

EDIT: If you guys have access to the world map of Lordran from the PC, you could probably find it out.

That's actually pretty much how I think it is.

Just layers on top of layers.

Main part of Lordan>New Londo/Depths/Catacombs>Blightown>Demon Ruins/Tomb of the Giants> lost Izalith/And TOtG again

The Distnce from the Depths to the bottom of Blighttown is huge, as is the distance from the Catacombs to where you finally fight Nito. Nito's area being the lowest point of Lordan if you exclude, Ash Lake and The Great Hollow.

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Nagato

Post by Nagato Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:52 pm

No that is the great hollow,because that is blighttown where you are watching to from firelink silly but there are so many trees even in lost izalith there is one.You know what i would like to see?If all the water in ash lake is gone then you can see where the trees are going to
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:57 pm

Blightown is inside a cave, as is New Londo
    Nagato

Post by Nagato Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:01 pm

You see those pillars at blighttown?The one with the bonfire where you are on?Those are the pillars you can see from firelink and how convinient that you can see a Massive tree with pillars at the side.So that is blighttown with the great hollow that leads to ash lake
    Nagato

Post by Nagato Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:01 pm

But how come that there are so FRIGGIN much trees and they are all far away from the greathollow? thats the weird part.I hope there is gonna be a dlc for ash lake but i dont think so
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:07 pm

Oh snap, I have to go get a better look then.

There's other countries, they could be on those other trees(or perhaps past them?)

The only way to get to Loradn is through the crow who visit's the Asylum. The Asylum is located on top of some mountains.
    Nagato

Post by Nagato Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:14 pm

Yeah you may be right man.Because the intro said:A land of grey crags, archtrees, and everlasting dragons.That is ash lake,but where did the water come from?That means that ash lake was a land so it says in the intro
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:18 pm

It may have always been there, we do call the planet earth even though it's mostly covered in water. Though if this is just a lake, I'd hate to see how big the ocean is :shock:
    Nagato

Post by Nagato Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:19 pm

In the beginning you saw:Archtrees like the great hollow,land,everlasting dragons.Now compare that to the current ash lake:Great hollow,arch trees,water,everlasting dragon.It wasn't always there,somehow the water came
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:21 pm

Well, the world itself is massive so i'm guessing that there's an Archtree in every significant country or land outside of Lordran. Also, in the intro there wasn't any sign of water around. Most likely it came during the Dragon Wars? But that would be ridiculous because apparently, there was life before Fire came. Gywn, amongst many others existed before the flames like Lloyd so they must have had water somewhere.

We're probably going too far with this because the developers might not have thought this far.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:26 pm

I'm sure that the arc tree's in ash lake aren't the only ones.
    Nagato

Post by Nagato Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:29 pm

Yeah pretty cool that from tomb of the giants you can see:Lost izalith,ash lake
    Nagato

Post by Nagato Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:30 pm

But the 'ash lake' you see from totg looks like it isn't water but sand,and the roof looks like the abyss but there is light coming from it.And there are few trees plopping above the fog thats weird xD
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:37 pm

Simply put, design flaw. Screwing your mind over an obvious mistake is bad. But i could be wrong.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:40 pm

It's probably not the same part of ash lake we visit, we only get to see a small strip after all.

Maybe Lordan is held up by multiple tree's?
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:47 pm

I really wonder if that tree we see from Firelink is the Great Hollow. If it is, that's awesome. I wonder what Acidic Cook thinks about this.

Also, you know how near the beginning of Tomb of the Giants we can see Demon Ruins from above, right? But can we see Tomb of the Giants from Demon Ruins? Earlier today I tried to locate that opening in the TotG from Demon Ruins, near the first bonfire in the area, but couldn't.
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:35 pm

Reading all this... I'M SO CONFUSED...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:45 pm