Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+58
Sloth9230
Jiub of Carim
Nybbles
defacto
largestember
Yurkoon
Rudmed
ExecutionerTri
PlasticandRage
Myztyrio
cloudyeki
FlorisFreakshow
Murdeaulio
sjackson12
Murkulanvippi
Insane117
tinypantha
Brokewilly
Ubcmflt
DarkW17
dancash1808
Glutebrah
Baked_Blazer
EeAyEss
Johnthethird
Phoenix Rising
raecor14
TehInfamousAmos
Mr. Tart
billy_bayonet
T-King-667
GrinTwist
Kyōkai
kane3977
Espada Muerta
User1
ChizFreak
The Letter X
RANT
martyrsbrigade99
Lord of Ash
Slarg232
Seignar
Soris Ice Goldwing
aceluby
vatar5
reim0027
MyAwesomeAfro
FinPeku
Tolvo
N_Raist
DoughGuy
lorenzo110
hey its andres
Avenger649
Automancer
Jansports
Hydreigon11
62 posters

Reclaim the Forest. Defeat the gankers.

EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Reclaim the Forest. Defeat the gankers. - Page 18 Empty Re: Reclaim the Forest. Defeat the gankers.

Post by EeAyEss Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:21 pm

I dunno, but I've seen some nifty tricks with pursuers + silver pendant.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Reclaim the Forest. Defeat the gankers. - Page 18 Empty Re: Reclaim the Forest. Defeat the gankers.

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:27 pm

Well the reason I'm asking is because I've been forest PvPing a lot over the last couple of days, and my only means of doing it with the character I'm currently playing is by WSSing. So I've been teaming with people who are just hanging out there doing the same thing. I'm occasionally being summoned by players who are clearly ganking too though. So my drill so far has been to just hang out with them until they get invaded, and then instead of backing them up, I've been throwing the "I'm Sorry" carving, and BSCing out. It just occurred to me though, that if it's possible to do that, I could take it a step further and actually help out the poor people who happen to invade.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:40 pm

Well, if it works the way it did with Sif, you could stand next to the forest hunter and keep them shrouded with a bubble of silver pendant. Since Sif likes to chill in your silver pendant bubble when you summon him for Manus. I'm not sure if it will work for opposing phantoms though.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:44 pm

The way I was trying it was by crowding the person casting the spells and spamming it. So the spells just don't even really fire. But so far I haven't actually caught anyone casting dark sorcery. The one guy I tried it with just spammed CSS
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:19 pm

Well with pursuers, a friendly silver pendant could make it worse since they fly up into the air and home downwards.

It's probably more beneficial if you lure every merr furgin enemy towards the host, ents and NPC forest hunters etc.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:29 pm

Yeah, that may be true. If it works I could at least safely try to reflect dark bead. Maybe I'll just stay away from Pursuers so not to make it worse by accident.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:40 pm

Speaking of Dark Magic, inspired by Rosie's shotgun of the forest video

http://mmdks.com/r8c

IS THIS POWERFUL ENOUGH FOR YOU!!!!!!

I should only put one Dark Bead slot there, it should be enough to carry me through with either the TCC or Logan's. And if not, I've always got Pursuers and a crap tonne of other spells.

UNLIMITED POWERRRRR!

I already have this build for legit PvP, I just need to switch up the spells so prepare to die gankers.

I met a ganker called Dark Souls, he was a disgrace to out glorious game, if you meet him, give him extra PAIN.
    ExecutionerTri
    ExecutionerTri
    Regular
    Regular

Post by ExecutionerTri Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:43 pm

Hydreigon11 wrote:Speaking of Dark Magic, inspired by Rosie's shotgun of the forest video

http://mmdks.com/r8c

IS THIS POWERFUL ENOUGH FOR YOU!!!!!!

Ha look at that magic defense down at 180 ohh man
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:44 pm

^ I don't see many gankers using magic nowadays, even so I'll have Iron Flesh on so nothing will truly connect. I'm also just gonna spam Dark Bead etc.
    ExecutionerTri
    ExecutionerTri
    Regular
    Regular

Post by ExecutionerTri Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:54 pm

Hydreigon11 wrote:^ I don't see many gankers using magic nowadays, even so I'll have Iron Flesh on so nothing will truly connect. I'm also just gonna spam Dark Bead etc.

i see it wayyyyy to much so i try to keep my magic def up around 330 or so

I vary my gear set up alot in the forest but since Ive been doing the sackbro thing Ive been running with this http://mmdks.com/r8g

Pretty good Phys Def and Balanced Magic / Fire / Lightning Defense as well

Avenger649
    Avenger649
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Avenger649 Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:00 pm

I find that no matter how much magic defense you have a person with five slots of dark bead will always win. That's the point where you just despair, GMB is my only friend.
    As such all my builds now either have GMB, a great-shield or just pray for their lives.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:04 pm

I haven't seen many situations where magic defence actually helped me, I get one shotted by pursuers whether I'm wearing full Havel's or I'm naked. I don't see the point messing with armour rating where, for me, it does jack all.

For some reason I find dark bead easy to dodge, just roll in and punish BS, maybe I'm just lucky as all hell.
    ExecutionerTri
    ExecutionerTri
    Regular
    Regular

Post by ExecutionerTri Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:05 pm

Avenger649 wrote:I find that no matter how much magic defense you have a person with five slots of dark bead will always win. That's the point where you just despair, GMB is my only friend.
    As such all my builds now either have GMB, a great-shield or just pray for their lives.

I dont have a single build with my attunement higher than 8 so GMB is not an option for me. Crest Shield + High Magic Defense and my good ole friend the circle button trump dark bead
    Avenger649
    Avenger649
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Avenger649 Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:07 pm

The problem is that when their magic damage is that high the amount of defense just doesn't matter.
    However, defense does matter against enchanted/magic weapons and having a high physical defense can really save your life.
    ExecutionerTri
    ExecutionerTri
    Regular
    Regular

Post by ExecutionerTri Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:00 pm

im on right now and the forest seems slow today
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:09 pm

Yeah, I had a slow day today and yesterday. It seems not many people play on the weekends, which is odd. I usually have a better rate throughout the week.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:24 pm

I've been experiencing the same thing over the last couple of days. I'm leaving the toon I'm using right now pretty high though. Higher than I ever have before. I assumed that was the reason.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Rudmed Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:31 pm

I just encounter hackers whenever I try to find gankers, or if my luck is really bad...hacking gankers.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:06 am

Ran into another Karmic Justice Explosion spammer. Hackers aside, the builds I've done handle smoothly. I can't wait until the 1st Sun
    Yurkoon
    Yurkoon

Post by Yurkoon Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:47 pm

The forest seems pretty dead the past week, not many summon signs, can't get summoned, and I'm usually waiting for 10 minutes before an invasion.

Did we hunt the Park Rangers to endangerment?
    sjackson12
    sjackson12
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sjackson12 Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:26 am

Had a very good rate of gank-killing tonight. My new INGENIOUS strategy:

1) spawn at Sif
    2) run across bridge (Alvina), taunt with sword armed
    3) run back to the other side, hide behind the wall
    4) switch to TCC
    5) when they get halfway across, lock-on and CSS
    6) BAM

It's so funny to see them run back when I pop out with the catalyst.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:53 pm

I run to the mushroom people. Either the host and phantom split up or one gets clobbered by a mushroom. It's hilarious.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:49 pm

^ I ❤ the mushrooms.

Regarding magic defenses, Dingy robes+spell stoneplate ring makes crystal magic weapon laughable. DB is pretty easy to dodge if you just strafe in one direction and roll at the right time (Even with lag as a factor) you should dodge 90-100% of the time. Even pursuers can be dodged by this although, it is much harder (strafe and roll into it for pursuers).

Regarding gank traffic, I have only been on for a few hours this week due to the quarter beginning (2 labs at once suck) but every time I have gone on I have invaded within 3 min of equipping the ring
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:46 pm

it's easy for me to dodge pursuers and dark bead, just roll through, as soon as the catalyst lifts and before pursuers hit.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:46 pm

If you guys have trouble dodging dark magic (Esp. pursuers) then keep your fights within the forest itself. That way most of their spells will just hit trees.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:33 pm