Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+58
Sloth9230
Jiub of Carim
Nybbles
defacto
largestember
Yurkoon
Rudmed
ExecutionerTri
PlasticandRage
Myztyrio
cloudyeki
FlorisFreakshow
Murdeaulio
sjackson12
Murkulanvippi
Insane117
tinypantha
Brokewilly
Ubcmflt
DarkW17
dancash1808
Glutebrah
Baked_Blazer
EeAyEss
Johnthethird
Phoenix Rising
raecor14
TehInfamousAmos
Mr. Tart
billy_bayonet
T-King-667
GrinTwist
Kyōkai
kane3977
Espada Muerta
User1
ChizFreak
The Letter X
RANT
martyrsbrigade99
Lord of Ash
Slarg232
Seignar
Soris Ice Goldwing
aceluby
vatar5
reim0027
MyAwesomeAfro
FinPeku
Tolvo
N_Raist
DoughGuy
lorenzo110
hey its andres
Avenger649
Automancer
Jansports
Hydreigon11
62 posters

Reclaim the Forest. Defeat the gankers.

FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Reclaim the Forest. Defeat the gankers. - Page 24 Empty Re: Reclaim the Forest. Defeat the gankers.

Post by FinPeku Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:52 am

Well, this was a lot of fun. I had a short break from forest invasions before this event and it was worth it. I think i beat at least four 3v1s and numerous 2v1s and 2v2s of course. It was so easy to fight gankers when i didn't get frustrated if i died. I ended up getting pretty addicted and couldn't go to sleep until early morning big grin

Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Reclaim the Forest. Defeat the gankers. - Page 24 Empty Re: Reclaim the Forest. Defeat the gankers.

Post by Hydreigon11 Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:55 pm

Well it's odd how many 3v1's people have found, I was invading in the forest for about three weeks prior to my catching the flu, and all I found were 2v1's.

Maybe it's something about my British connection and timings but whatever, 2v1's are still fun.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:59 pm

3 vs 1'ers are all "hunters" themselves. Unless they have a red with them, I'm not sure if you can summon them and a white/gold.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:05 pm

Hydreigon11 wrote:Well it's odd how many 3v1's people have found, I was invading in the forest for about three weeks prior to my catching the flu, and all I found were 2v1's.

Maybe it's something about my British connection and timings but whatever, 2v1's are still fun.

I never saw a 3v1 in the forest in months.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:10 pm

You get way more 3v1s as a red dark spirit. Very rarely as a forest hunter.
    lorenzo110
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by lorenzo110 Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:19 pm

Disappointed. I think I only saw about two invaders yesterday using or trying to use the methods you guys decided on. Killed them way to easy because they spammed wrath n beads and I'm not a noob so roll bs was wide open. Sent them a hello message which they never responded too. Again because you guys said you would not respond to hate mail. It wasnt a hate mail but rather a thank you for the easy souls mail. Come on dudes you guys are better then this. 5 hrs of waiting and nuthin but two? I'm very disappointed. I will give the two credit though they did at least stand and fight, or more like spam. Unlike some who simply ran away and jumped over to where the crystal golems are. Those sad invaders should have taken tips from you guys, and went out on their shields like the two so called gank hunters did. This is still going on though right? You guys aint quiting just after one day right? Please say it isnt so. Even my buddies were disappointed. They said dude where are all the try hards that you said were going to show up at? I told them...dunno after all they are part of a forum, maybe they just arent that many of them. 5 hrs wasted waiting for you guys!!!! I'm very disappointed, you guys let me down. A pox upon you all. Nah its cool, at least you guys tried. Though I think next time you guys should start up a book club instead. Seems you have enough numbers that might show up for that.Well back to the forest I go, hunting the "hunter of Gankers", and sending them home empty handed with a dung pie as a consolation gift for trying. Peace ya'all.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:11 pm

Lorenzo: If you really want a challenge, why don't you try hunting gank squads yourself?
    lorenzo110
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by lorenzo110 Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:15 am

Because I like the forest the way it is. A free for all. I fight for it to stay that way. You see I believe that you should be challenged in this game. People get this false sense of superiority when they beat up on a bunch of noob players, yet refuse to challenge themselves by fighting those as skilled as they. One thing I would never do is post vids of me beating up on people that I know should not even be fighting me because they are of lower skill. Even if it were a 1v2 or 1v3. If you are a high skilled player and they are new then its pretty obvious they will lose. Because they have no understanding on counter attacks against back stabs or particular methods of fighting that a skilled player will utilize against them.

U see I used to do the invasion thing myself when I first started. I had to in an effort to get platinum in DKS as I did in DS. I did it all not by farming but by earning them the way your supposed to the items that I needed. Now as an invader I was good. I wasnt great nor would I ever say even now that I am a great player. I had alot of friends on my list who were mostly invaders. They just loved the idea of beating up on weak 120 and below players. They believed themselves great players. As I leveled up I saw that mostly japanese players there. Those guys are no joke up at the max level. My buds still had that mentality that beating up on low levels was the duty of an experianced player. One day when I invaded this guy who was a noob he told me why am I not trying to help people instead. That struck a cord in me. I thought about that and then started watching youtube and twitch vids.

Now as an experianced fighter I began to notice that in almost all these vids the guys making them were facing very unskilled players. People that they had no right to be fighting what so ever because they were just too skilled for those noobs. Then I began hearing degrogatory statements from these posters calling these new players names simply because they needed help. Gankers. Now you have to understand one bad behavour creates another opposing reaction to it. I'm the equilizer. I help noobs against youtubers and vid posters. And those who have been unfortunate to run into me dont like the results. And they shouldnt. Because now they understand what the noob player feels. Now I know ganking happens on both ends, I know this because I have done it on both ends LOL. This game is not fair nor should it ever be fair. It should always be challenging. Period. I have fought and killed many of the vid posters. Sometimes they may win one fight but for the most part they loose 10. I can honestly say I fought all the ones on PS3 and killed them all. And have sometimes gotten killed by them. I dont cry about it. I just pick up and start again and accept that challenge. In doing so it challenges them as well.

Now I dont expect any of you to understand this, nor do I care if you do or dont. Respect is gained by actions on the battle field, not by words. People like to say they hunt gankers, well, I hunt them. And I will continue to do so. Because what I cant stand is them believing they are better then the noobs they crushed. They are not. The word honor can be thrown around like an empty word with no meaning by those who no nothing about it. To me honor is standing by your friends side and keeping him alive through ever fight you both have against those that feel you are less skilled to be competing against them, and proving them wrong. Honor is helping someone become a better fighter and more knowledgeable on attack counters and tactics, while asking for nothing in return. Honor is respecting all fighters who give and honest effort and attempt to becoming better and growing. Some of these I fall short on, while others I exceed. But as a DKS vet I would never post any kind of vid showing me fighting someone who I know would not win simply to have the masses proclaim me some kind of DKS God. That is the ultimate in hubris and people that do that should be ashamed of themselves. And after killing people that do this I usually tell them why dont they post that in a vid. I never get a response and they never do. Food for thought people.

To answer your question sloth I have fought against gankers. As I stated before in previous posts. I fought alot of 1v2 and 1v3. I never cried if I lost nor did I complain or care if I won. I simply tried to get better. Am I a great player? No. But I am a wise one and experianced one as well. And I believe as a veteran player it is my duty to pass this knowledge on to other players who are just learning about this game we love. To make it more fair and equal so that eventually they can stand alone without my help. I as a veteran player welcome these events. Because it is a time that I get to run into some of you who have a different perspective then I do. I do not expect you guys to change your minds on how you choose to play this game, nor should you ever expect that from me. You bought this game with your money and you can decide how you want to play it. I dont judge people on whether they gank, magic spam, grief, ect. I judge them on effort and sometimes tactics too. Buffers and runners get low ratings from me, but its all good lol. And other vets hate my game play as well, which is fair because they should. I dont make it easy on them. Though I am fair, I do not buff at all or use rings to buff my atk stat. I duel wield a spear and katana which makes my attack half effective as it would be if I were to two hand one weapon and get the full amount damage out of it. And I never do OHKO at all. To me that just lazy and weak game play and shows a lack of skill. Anyone can do that. But what is harder to do is win fighting without buffs and spamming or fishing and winning a long prolonged fight fairly. Thats a challenge you should all be trying instead of hunting gankers. But hey it is what it is. You play your way and I will play mine and may the best fighter win. See you guys on the battle field.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:05 am

You're acting as if we all normally use OHKO builds. I saw that most of the builds posted in this thread would go against what most of us believe in on this Forum. But like you said, it's the Forest, anything goes. However, there are still some of us who use their normal SL100-120 builds with no Hornet's, no buffs, no w/e to fight multiple people up to 7 times our level. You can't say that doesn't put us at a disadvantage, which is why so many of us use BSing as such a common tactic in the Forest.

I can't speak for everyone here, but I don't even BS in the Forest anymore. I invade on a SL 120 character with the titanite Catch Pole and nothing else. No shield, no pyromancy, no spells, nothing. Only me and my weapon. I use one of the most limited builds I have ever seen, yet I still perform well against gankers in the Forest. I am only trying to prove to you that not all of us here are what you think we are.

By the way, I have nothing against gankers, I am only calling them as I see them.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:35 am

Lorenzo, please condense your points, my eyes are getting tired. Well at least you know how to use paragraphs. But really, taking pity on gankers? They aren't new players, they're just greedy little pieces of you know whats looking to farm souls. You don't learn PvP by having your OP full giant's buddy stun locking and decimating invaders. You learn PvP through lone practice, that's how all of us learn and that's how all of us have learnt.

Ask anyone, we all learnt to become good at PvP by dying, not by ganking or ganging up on an invader. You can't learn anything by winning.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:40 am

Lorenzo,

It's funny how you - "the equilizer", you - "the helper of noobs", say invaders have a sense of superiority. Of course, some may have, just like some gankers may have. And you talk about how this game should be challenging... Is fighting invaders 2v1 or 3v1 challenging to you? I doubt it. You said it yourself, you win almost every time and you are a dks veteran. The reason why most of us enjoy invading in the forest, is the challenge of fighting multiple opponents at the same time. Like you, the vast majority of others don't want the forest to change. Forest pvp is different from any other form of pvp and that's why i have personally spent an embarrassing amount of time there. Very, very rarely with a OHKO build.

I do not have anything against gankers. I do not think they are "lower" than me. They are doing what they enjoy and that is fine! However, i do not like it that you come here, accusing us from different things, looking us down at your nose when you misunderstood the purpose of this event. It was NOT to change the forest, It was NOT to make gankers feel bad about themselves. Shame on anyone who thought we would change anything there. The purpose was only to invade at the same time in the same place, share experiences and have fun as a community. I don't know how familiar you are with this community, but there have been a lot of mass invasion events before this.

IF you truly have been in the forest as much as you say, you must have met me there and you know me. I use about four different builds there, i don't go for one hit kills, i don't point down or shrug if i win, or send hatemail if i lose. It is just for fun. Before sending your next novel for us to read, i'm asking you to ask yourself: Did you possibly misunderstood our intentions? Are you maybe, just maybe, generalizing a bit? This conversation is not a competition. Nobody gets any souls or humanity from this. So instead of continuing derailing this thread, if you possibly have misunderstood something, you might as well go back to the forest and wait us on the battlefield like you said. May the best fighter, or host and his phantom win winking (just joking, don't shoot me)
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:31 pm

Sorry for the long delay. I had a great night and got some footage and will hopefully upload the highlights pretty soon. I'm jealous of all the 3v1s I kept getting 1v1 people who would attack as soon as I spawned so I couldn't BC out. Shrug

I got some good DST backstabs on estus chuggers and even a good mushroom kill lol!

As far as Lorenzo is concerned, you're still here? Just give it a rest, no one cant take you seriously with that attitude. Although it is funny that a buddy of mine said that you would probably say that you didn't see any of us or killed us all despite none of us seeing you. You're too predictable and it makes you a less than worth opponent. *sigh* ah well at least everyone else had fun.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:48 pm

Andres, I'd love to see those highlights, leave a link here maybe?
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:21 pm

I grow tired of this same old debate. It all boils down to this. My fighting style/rules of engagement is the best; it requires "skill". People shouldn't complain about how I fight. But, if you don't have the same rules as me, you are a try-hard or cheap or overpowered or noob or etc and it is OK for me to complain about your style. For example, people look down on others that buff, or backstab, or design their build in a way that maximizes power, simply because they wouldn't do it.

Enough of this already.

Unless we get this thread back on topic, which is the actual event, and not the moral implications of everyone's subjective rules of engagement, I'm going to lock it.

lorenzo110
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by lorenzo110 Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:27 pm

Piku I think you do a very bad disservice to yourself by defending comments posted on here about gankers and not trying to make them feel bad. You really should take the time to read what people post on here and the derogotory statements made on ganking. The words player scum comes to mind on a few post that people put here. And honestly dude your trying to soften the idea of why this whole thread was created by saying its not what it was ment to be? Ask yourself this then, "Reclaim the forest" from what? LOL. Dont insult a persons intelligence by defending the true meaning behind this "event". Again its apparent that you did not read my post. I never claim to be a great player, my view points differ from yours on how I choose to play this game. Yes Piku I have fought and killed you in the past. I recognize your name. I would never put on some misguided and rediculous event promoting "Cleaning up the Forest". The game is what it is. Nothing you do or I do will change that. Now piku you may not use OHKO tactics but you can not deny that this event was pretty much advising people to do this. Why? becuase of the anger many have for gankers. You cant defend that at all, buddy. Now you go ahead and play the game the way you choose too and I will do the same. We will agree to disagree.

Now Andres you still havent changed a bit dude LOL. Still raging against the truth as ever and promoting this lynch mob mentality. Good for you. Now dude how are you going to know its me that killed you if you dont see my name after I kill you or at anytime during the fight. You only will know the world you are summoned too. Now again I fought two american fighters who used the tactics you were requesting of your little group here. The try hard tactics if you seem to have forgotten. They were the only ones on Feb 1st that I ran into using them. 2 only. Both dead easily. Now you may want to ask your buddy why he keeps running away from me and jumping over to the other side where the crystal golems are. Instead of actually trying to fight. Unlike your buddy I dont run from a fight. And belive me I know who your talking about.

Now that this event is over and lets be honest folks it didnt change a dang thing at all...Please move on and stop crying about ganking. Because again you know and I know that it happens on both ends. As long as the invasion game mechanics are what they are it will continue to happen. I cant change that nor can you people. It is what it is. Good luck to you folks. See you around. Peace
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:31 pm

Look, Lorenzo. I understand your point of view. But seriously, we are not trying to cleanse the forest. That part is a joke. Hydregion, the op, THE ONE WHO CAME UP WITH THIS EVENT, can back me up on this, or correct me if I'm wrong.

Now please, don't cause the mods to lock this thread up. Please. I beg of you. I'll even go running around in the forest with you as a female white phantom sporting logan's underwear. I'll even use proper bow. Please. Just don't get this thread locked.
    Avenger649
    Avenger649
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Avenger649 Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:36 pm

As one of the strong supporters I have to agree with EeAyess that we are not trying to cleanse the forest or even reclaim it. The event is just a chance to let out some steam and to have an excuse for us to all use our stupidly overpowered builds.
    Now, can we stop arguing? the event is over it doesn't really matter anymore.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:38 pm

I warned you. Thread locked.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:12 pm