Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+58
Sloth9230
Jiub of Carim
Nybbles
defacto
largestember
Yurkoon
Rudmed
ExecutionerTri
PlasticandRage
Myztyrio
cloudyeki
FlorisFreakshow
Murdeaulio
sjackson12
Murkulanvippi
Insane117
tinypantha
Brokewilly
Ubcmflt
DarkW17
dancash1808
Glutebrah
Baked_Blazer
EeAyEss
Johnthethird
Phoenix Rising
raecor14
TehInfamousAmos
Mr. Tart
billy_bayonet
T-King-667
GrinTwist
Kyōkai
kane3977
Espada Muerta
User1
ChizFreak
The Letter X
RANT
martyrsbrigade99
Lord of Ash
Slarg232
Seignar
Soris Ice Goldwing
aceluby
vatar5
reim0027
MyAwesomeAfro
FinPeku
Tolvo
N_Raist
DoughGuy
lorenzo110
hey its andres
Avenger649
Automancer
Jansports
Hydreigon11
62 posters

Reclaim the Forest. Defeat the gankers.

reim0027
    reim0027

Reclaim the Forest. Defeat the gankers. - Page 23 Empty Re: Reclaim the Forest. Defeat the gankers.

Post by reim0027 Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:36 am

Unless I know the host is trying to be "honorable" and not gank, there is no way I'm allowing him to clear the level. The vast majority, and I mean the vast majority of hosts are not trying to set up duels. And, trust me, they have a large advantage here. They can summon 2 phantoms (and if they do, then you are on your own, no backup), they can instantly heal their phantoms. They can set up traps. In most cases, when I've invaded, the level is clear and the host and their phantoms are already set up with their jumping/ganking plan. However, as soon as I invade, I have to quickly pan the camera, check the trees or my back or the fog gate and hope I see their health bars. Then, I've got to see what they're setting up or estimate what their builds are and come up with a plan on the fly.

Catbros may be able to do spur of the moment ganking (when the opportunity arises). But, hosts can do preplanned, organized ganking. And, from my experience, that happens in most cases.

And, all of this is great. It is what makes the forest fun and exciting. It is both expected and wanted, IMO.
    wolfboy
    Regular
    Regular

Reclaim the Forest. Defeat the gankers. - Page 23 Empty Re: Reclaim the Forest. Defeat the gankers.

Post by wolfboy Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:35 pm

So excited to take on some gankers today! They will feel the wrath of the forest happy

I will say though- being ganked is actually one of the reasons I love being a forest hunter... Dueling is fun- but I think it feels too safe sometimes- Dark Souls is supposed to be about rising to the challenge- think about it- if you online played the game offline, the only "invasion" you would potentially experience as the invader is when you invade the world of Lautrec- who has 2 summons with him! The game is practically telling people to expect gank!

And I think few situations bring out the best in my playing (and bring out the adrenaline) quite like invading into a ganking duo... Sure- I die lot- but it's the best feeling when you finally kill both of them... It's like killing a boss that's frustrating you....
    Avenger649
    Avenger649
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Avenger649 Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:52 pm

I think that due to my limited time an extended wrath of the forest must be felt, I will continue the slaughter tomorrow morning as well.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:37 pm

My total score: 11 gank squads killed
    8 lone hosts defeated
    16 hosts killed while phantom still alive
    3 phantoms killed before host died
    7 zaphander-multikills
    5 losses.

I will be on later tonight.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:30 pm

ALRIGHT LET'S DO THIS LEEEEERRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY JEEEEENNNNNNNNKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:50 pm

What build is thou using?
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:26 pm

I'm using a build with max endurance and 2085hp Sun
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:51 pm

*think someone is cool* Wave *gets back stabbed* all must die
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:52 pm

big grin

How's your streak going? Also, what weapons are you using? I have a zaphander, a chaosmore, and a zapbarbsword.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:01 pm

Chaos Shotel and DST for BS lol! also fire tempest and black flame
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:03 pm

I actually killed someone with a +5 barbed straight sword around noon. Hilarious!
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:04 pm

The only times I've died are from lagstabs and....that's about it bounce
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:05 pm

I only died to spears. Then I chained him to death. A zaphander can't fight a DSS. silly
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:16 pm

I hate Ornstein's :x
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:10 am

FlorisFreakshow wrote:
    Leaving summon sign to betray is sick!
    You are a gankeryourself.
    Its like invading to kill the other invader, lol!

How am I ganking?
    I've been helping people beat Sif and everytime I get a ganker,I just use chameleon to turn into a tree every time they get invaded.The only time I ever attack invaders is when the host is a new player and is actually going to the boss.I don't see how that makes me one.
    In fact,the worst thing I did was throw prism stones all over the forest and the host and I both used chameleon to follow the hunters around for laughs.
    As an honourable Darkwraith,I hate gankers and would never help them.I'm barely more than a noob at PVP and even I have had to kill 3 people at once when all I was looking for was a simple duel.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:19 am

Okay after two weeks of not playing this game, a good dinner and going against logic on the night before bloodwork I have this to say: Prepare to die mother*****! Been too long since I had the fun of invading!
    wolfboy
    Regular
    Regular

Post by wolfboy Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:29 am

I'm currently invading the forest with my sl260 Mage Tank... totally OP build... I've had a great time ganker hunting today... It's so nice to fight dirty every once in a while happy
    Jiub of Carim
    Jiub of Carim
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jiub of Carim Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:41 am

Holy ****! I just got off work and i cant find any fracking gankers! What have you all done!!??? NOOOOOO!!
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:43 am

Jiub of Carim wrote:Holy ****! I just got off work and i cant find any fracking gankers! What have you all done!!??? NOOOOOO!!

I think they're trolling us, the forest has been surprisingly quite for me today.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:46 am

Not on the xbox! Sweet mother of Gwyn the place is packed with them and there dirty tactics! They indict if you win.
    Jiub of Carim
    Jiub of Carim
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jiub of Carim Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:48 am

I invaded some guy four times and he had a phantom with him.... he was honorable pvp-ing with a phantom... wtf
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:50 am

Jiub of Carim wrote:I invaded some guy four times and he had a phantom with him.... he was honorable pvp-ing with a phantom... wtf

Those fiends!!!!
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:23 am

Well some people do look for 1v1's in the forest and have a phantom as a back up for when another invader pops up.

I wish I could've joined you guys, damn flu it really picks its moments doesn't it?
    Jiub of Carim
    Jiub of Carim
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jiub of Carim Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:26 am

I was looking for you man! Overall, its was a successful event. I had a friend with me who wasnt on the forums, he ended up doing more successfully than me. Funny how that works out right? He had alot fun with this event and is probably getting more into DkS because of this event, so that pretty successful right.
    FlorisFreakshow
    FlorisFreakshow
    Casual
    Casual

Post by FlorisFreakshow Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:36 am

Well, i am hosting...
    Mostly with 2 of us (never 3!), giving everybody a chance...
    Hunt the hunters, or get punished...
    Never on spawnpoint!

When invaders bow i let the phantom dual...
    But when i am alone i get ganked... Always
    So its about luck imo...

Still, wish i was the invader type, i wish i could defeat a gansquad of 3!
    I guess we will meet...
    But i am not that good at all!

I am bad but not the worst, lets have fun!
    I do respect ya all!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:38 am