Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+58
Sloth9230
Jiub of Carim
Nybbles
defacto
largestember
Yurkoon
Rudmed
ExecutionerTri
PlasticandRage
Myztyrio
cloudyeki
FlorisFreakshow
Murdeaulio
sjackson12
Murkulanvippi
Insane117
tinypantha
Brokewilly
Ubcmflt
DarkW17
dancash1808
Glutebrah
Baked_Blazer
EeAyEss
Johnthethird
Phoenix Rising
raecor14
TehInfamousAmos
Mr. Tart
billy_bayonet
T-King-667
GrinTwist
Kyōkai
kane3977
Espada Muerta
User1
ChizFreak
The Letter X
RANT
martyrsbrigade99
Lord of Ash
Slarg232
Seignar
Soris Ice Goldwing
aceluby
vatar5
reim0027
MyAwesomeAfro
FinPeku
Tolvo
N_Raist
DoughGuy
lorenzo110
hey its andres
Avenger649
Automancer
Jansports
Hydreigon11
62 posters

Reclaim the Forest. Defeat the gankers.

Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Reclaim the Forest. Defeat the gankers. - Page 22 Empty Re: Reclaim the Forest. Defeat the gankers.

Post by Hydreigon11 Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:20 pm

So you guys want a playlist for ganker hunting? Give me a moment.

If this link works, then I'll be pleased, if not I'll give you the list of songs that are in the playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8DoUG_u_DGfMserQQEZ_45r9GaY1f9nL

Tell me if you can't see anything, I've got a mix of epic soundtracks (imo) from JRPGs both recent and old, and no there are no Dark Souls musics on there, just because I don't feel that you should find it in a playlist like that.

There are only 9 songs there, if you have any suggestions for some more, tell me and I'll get round to adding it, if I feel like it. I'm not saying you NEED this on, but it will sure make the fights a lot more entertaining and epic.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Reclaim the Forest. Defeat the gankers. - Page 22 Empty Re: Reclaim the Forest. Defeat the gankers.

Post by Hydreigon11 Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:39 pm

3 days left. Oh it's been a long time coming Gankers, prepare your anuses.
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:42 pm

Your playlist is private silly gotta make it public.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:40 pm

Goddammit, how could I not see that. Will do that now, and then you can enjoy.

It's public now, listen to that shizzzz.
    Avenger649
    Avenger649
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Avenger649 Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:36 pm

I think that Run by disturbed should be pretty high up on the lists to play, it suits the theme of the event.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:20 pm

Well, I don't like that song particularly well, I made this playlist for myself mostly, but since had it I thought you guys would enjoy it. I don't like listening to songs with lyrics whilst playing games, they distract me frim the game.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:59 am

Well, the time draws near, hopefully I'm not as ill as I am today so I can kill some Gankers, and serve up some sweet sweet revenge.

Get yourselves ready.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:01 am

I've been preparing myself by not invading in the Forest. I normally get burnt out when I stay there for too long, so I'm waiting it out until tomorrow to have a fresh experience.
    Avenger649
    Avenger649
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Avenger649 Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:42 pm

Indeed the time shall soon come, I have also prepared by not forest hunting for ages, Prepare to meet your doom Gankers!
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:07 pm

Well I'm on total hiatus from ALL games I've caught the flu, or something similar, and I'm two days through it hoping I'm better tomorrow so I can play, right now I can hardly walk so I'm sitting on my sofa and browsing the forums.

Let's hope I'm better tomorrow, would hate to miss out on the event I set up, that would be torture sad
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:39 pm

I will be invading the forest with my DM. I haven't invaded the forest in long while so I'm very much overdue for some chaos. Let's just have a bit of fun and give the gank what they're trying to give us.
    Jiub of Carim
    Jiub of Carim
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jiub of Carim Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:32 pm

One more day! I need some help with my build for this event. Its all done but I was wondering which bolts should i use with this build:

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=467146967532077512
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:34 pm

I'd guess to use the lightning bolts, but I don't know how crossbows+bolts work very well, get someone else's opinion or do some more research.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:45 pm

Jiub of Carim wrote:One more day! I need some help with my build for this event. Its all done but I was wondering which bolts should i use with this build:

[url=https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=467146967532077512
    https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=467146967532077512[/quote[/url]]

I can't access mugen at work but since Hydreigon mention lightning bolts you are probably using a lightning xbow or Avelyn. If you are then definitely use lightning bolts since you will get increased AR and stun effect using lightning weapon + lightning ammo. I will check the link when I get home.
    Jiub of Carim
    Jiub of Carim
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Jiub of Carim Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:49 pm

Awesome! Thats all i needed, i didnt wanna make an extra thread. Yes i'm using Avelyn
    lorenzo110
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by lorenzo110 Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:21 pm

Wooo Hooo at last all the talk will be over soon. Looking forward to running into you guys with your try hard methods to "clean up" the forest LOL. I know the past few days I seen a couple of you guys practicing in the forest and getting ready. Sent them home disappointed unfortunately. But hey its all for fun right guys? Well see you dudes soon. Time to hunt "Gank Hunters"!!!!! Woooo Hooooooo!!!!! Yeahhhhhh BOY!!!!!!!!! Let the games begin!!!!!!
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:24 pm

lorenzo110 wrote:Wooo Hooo at last all the talk will be over soon. Looking forward to running into you guys with your try hard methods to "clean up" the forest LOL. I know the past few days I seen a couple of you guys practicing in the forest and getting ready. Sent them home disappointed unfortunately. But hey its all for fun right guys? Well see you dudes soon. Time to hunt "Gank Hunters"!!!!! Woooo Hooooooo!!!!! Yeahhhhhh BOY!!!!!!!!! Let the games begin!!!!!!

Man you must be a joy at parties. Though do have fun with this fun event!
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:15 am

Yeah I'm really excited for this too. Sorry I've been busy with midterms, labs, papers, the usual glee-glop and the floopty-doos. But, in a freak turn of events my Friday discussion was cancelled so I can be home at around 1:30!!!! Joy
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:33 am

lorenzo110 wrote:Wooo Hooo at last all the talk will be over soon. Looking forward to running into you guys with your try hard methods to "clean up" the forest LOL. I know the past few days I seen a couple of you guys practicing in the forest and getting ready. Sent them home disappointed unfortunately. But hey its all for fun right guys? Well see you dudes soon. Time to hunt "Gank Hunters"!!!!! Woooo Hooooooo!!!!! Yeahhhhhh BOY!!!!!!!!! Let the games begin!!!!!!

Like Reim said

Reclaim the Forest. Defeat the gankers. - Page 22 WWFSmackDownJustBringIt

On a side note: Is your PSN name the same as your user name here? I think I have run into you in the forest before.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:47 am

Great way to annoy the gankers is to lay down your white or gold sign in the forest.If the host doesn't move towards the boss,either black crystal out or cheer the other hunters on when they arrive.It's hillarious to see the gankers get ganked by two catbros. big grin
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:53 am

I'm with you bro! I'll be holding the Forest down for the hosts tonight as well. The Meta needs to understand, the Forest is for players who don't need any rules but the ones From included with the disk.
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:00 am

I won't be joining the event as I don't have a build ready for that. But I'll be in the forest this weekend both as host and as an invader (DW) with my Experimental/Elemental(/Excremental?) build (PS3).

- As host, I'll be alone, fell free to take my noob souls/humanities.
    - As a DW, I'll attack anyone wishing to interfer with my 1v1 fights, regardless the person being on my side or not. I'll be kinda hunting FH gankers my way while hunting "regular gankers" as well.

Let's say I'm your unofficial ally.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:05 am

Well I'd love to join you guys but unfortunately I am bound to my sofa with the flu. Such a shame that I have to miss out on the event, but you guys have fun, and kill some gankers for me if you can.

I may be able to jump on later, but right now my head, eyes, legs and throat are aching, so I doubt I'll be able to fight with you guys.

FlorisFreakshow
    FlorisFreakshow
    Casual
    Casual

Post by FlorisFreakshow Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:13 am

So you mean Catbros may gank as much as they can?
    In my ng+12 Trees kill me in 2 hits...
    Invaders never w8 untill area is clear, they come with 2, wog, backstab and run away 2 heal when health us low...
    Do not cry if i ask someone to help...
    Who are the gankers?
    2 guys standing their ground?
    I will not summon more than one, but if i do not this game will not have mercy.
    My game, my forest, my rules...
    Yeah, come and kill me i am prepared 2 die!

3 ganking ppl are way uncool imo!

Leaving summon sign to betray is sick!
    You are a gankeryourself.
    Its like invading to kill the other invader, lol!

VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:43 am

FlorisFreakshow wrote:So you mean Catbros may gank as much as they can?
    In my ng+12 Trees kill me in 2 hits...
    Invaders never w8 untill area is clear, they come with 2, wog, backstab and run away 2 heal when health us low...
    Do not cry if i ask someone to help...
    Who are the gankers?
    2 guys standing their ground?
    I will not summon more than one, but if i do not this game will not have mercy.
    My game, my forest, my rules...
    Yeah, come and kill me i am prepared 2 die!

3 ganking ppl are way uncool imo!

Leaving summon sign to betray is sick!
    You are a gankeryourself.
    Its like invading to kill the other invader, lol!

Having a phantom to help you questing is not the problem here. It's the abuse of it that is questionable.

It's probably because the forest permits multiple invations at a time that the place to be filled with gankers, but what's the answer? Camping at spawning points, casting TWOP right away and smashing a small ant with 2-3 giant fists? What's the point? If it isn't for soul farming, I realy don't get it. Does it make gankers feel better about themselves?

I'm also against the forest hunter gankers, but they are realy easier to deal with. They don't always double invade at the same time, they don't control what happens where they spawn, and they are generaly of lower SL.

To be honest, I don't hate gankers as much as it may seem, the game is an invitation to play this way, and it's alright. It's just a bit frustrating when you don't stand a chance in a fight against people. It's even more frustrating when you think you clearly would have won in 1v1.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:14 pm